Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a damn interesting proposition for face lathering @alfredus , really appreciate the link. Did you buy direct?
I know, I know. Bought it a couple years ago in Hamburg, when I was still bowl lathering...

These days I use it mostly for pictures and for soaking brushes.

Having said that, I just had a tiny bit of cella, and for that it is great. Pressed it into the rough area and could easily load the brush. It is also a double walled vessel, so I can sit it in hot water and put my brush into it to keep the lather warm on those cold winter days...

I know, I know. Bought it a couple years ago in Hamburg, when I was still bowl lathering...

These days I use it mostly for pictures and for soaking brushes.

Having said that, I just had a tiny bit of cella, and for that it is great. Pressed it into the rough area and could easily load the brush. It is also a double walled vessel, so I can sit it in hot water and put my brush into it to keep the lather warm on those cold winter days...
I really like it mate. Hmmmm...eyes peeled

Yes...I think so. Oh jeez......
Why not have both?!
82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

The new P&C logo right there - nice work @filobiblic

Brush: shavemac #177
Soap: Wickham's Dandyism
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Post-shave: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorn

This shave goes out to @filobiblic , to hammer home how good Wickhams is. I got to say just pick your flavour as the formula is top shelf no matter which way you want to pong. Wickham's scents are subtle, complex but with greta depth. The Dandyism has some floral notes but also nice I think tonka bean basenotes. Love the glide and the post-shave feel of this stuff...I really do!

Falling hard for the AS-D2. Coming off a different razor on the weekend, it was like coming home to the smell of baking. Absolutely perfect razor (when married with it's self-same blade). Also falling for this post-shave lotion. I don't want to, as I know getting a gallon or two, to follow this sample bottle, of this and the sandalwood will not be easy.

Great shave. 'king great shave!
Fuck you Monday!

Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: Jabonman lima incensio
Razor: Fatboy Exec
Blade: Schick * ∞
Post-shave: Aqua Velva

Been so hot here the Lima Incensio soap gel from Jabonman has completely separated, and pours with the consistency of a shower gel.
Luckily it still worked fine after dabbing the tiniest amount on the tips of the Omega.
The shave was smooth, but I only just realised that the blade has been used for ages. It had done 3-4 shaves in the Eclipse before I sent that to Filo on 26th March, so even if I only shaved every other day it must be on at least 12-13 shaves. Time to swap it out to play safe anyway.

Unremarkable, nice shave, with a nice cooling menthol hit in the soap gel and the souped up aftershave.

Brush: Omega boar
Soap/Cream: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man (original formulation)
Razor: Gold Dollar str8 (cheeks & neck)
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna Lab Blue [1]
After-shave: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man balm

The Stirling soap I have is the original formulation which doesn't take on much water. I find that it's quite slick but not as smooth. I'd prefer it if it took on more water so that it protects even better. It's quite a flat lather.

The Stirling balm has witch hazel and aloe. It's got a great scent and absorbs I to the skin well.

The Eclipse was smooth. A good size and fit. Very, very nice.

Razor: Fatboy (4)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Vulfix #374 Super Badger
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann 'Dickens'
After-shave:
nope
Scent: Nope-nope

Second go with the B&M Dickens and went the same way. Bloom water on top and shower, dry off and shave. Seemed that there wasn't enough water applied to bloom and it was a bit dry. Added more water to it and built the lather on the puck.

Good result, although the quality of the lather itself was appreciably lower than with the Pl'occitane which just goes to show how well it whips up a lather. The Vulfix was far from humiliated though, and still did a very admirable job. I could have gone 5 passes I think.

Seems a bit patchy on my face this afternoon but I am putting that down to the fact I was being careful with the Feather. Got BBS on cheeks, just under the jawline & neck is starting to get rough at the end of the day - at least more so than usual.

Monday 13 April 2015

198414d1428924408-sun-april-12th-sat-april-18th-sotd-13042015.jpg

Kamisori Honke Nobu, 5/8

Shaving with a kamisori is always fascinating. Not only for the fact this type of razor gives a deep and close shave, but also for the fact it represents an ancient and distant culture, a different way of thinking about shaving and razor. A simple look with a classic handle, this Honke Nobu is just perfect.​
  • Pre-Shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Meißner Tremonia Salty Sea Sage
  • Brush: Wilkinson Bristle
  • Bowl: Olda Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Kamisori Honke Nobu, 5/8
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

They do look fantastic. Love the simplicity. Anyhow I recognised a second word from your exotic inventory description; Wilkinson. That's two words out of two SOTD posts so far. At this rate I'll be fluent in Razorguy SOTD posts in about 8 months. Like your brushes by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.