Shave of the Day - 2024

6rNmWOHl.jpg

Soap: Soap by Luna - Fauno
Brush: Omega Italian Boar
Razor: Alpha Spirit SE
Blade: Schick (1)

This is another razor generously supplied by @Errol . Like the Atelier Durdan Vestige I wasn't expecting to be impressed but to my joyful surprise I was wrong. Very impressive shave and like the Vestige, efficient and comfortable.
I will be going back for more before sending it home and I've been checking out the web site. Not too badly priced either. :)
Blade loading was easy, I'd say easier than the Blackland Vector, which is not at all difficult to load. I like not having to negotiate the post with the blade. The only criticism I can concoct is with the handle being so thin does that make it susceptible to damage if dropped? Other than that I couldn't fault it. I had friends turning up as I was shaving so I was rushing the end of the shave, not a good idea with a new razor, but with no consequence.
Interested to try the Feather Pro Super to see if it stays as well behaved as Errol suggests.
I love Elena's soaps. I deliberately use the two I have infrequently to stretch out their life.

Elena's soaps are high quality but unfortunately she is out of business

16 September (SR shave No. 1733)
I honed this razor up yesterday from factory edge to shave-ready and shave tested it this morning for PIF No. 20. It passed with flying colours. The brush is a Simpson Special Best Badger (stubby) and the razor a Gold Dollar 66 re-scaled in European maple timber. The blade's edge is finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.
2IRN2Kg.jpg

I am rather reluctant to give this SR away but I am a man of my word.

SOTD Monday 16/9/2024 Evening (1930-39)
  • Razor Gillette New Long Comb
  • Blade Astra Platinum (3)
  • Pre-Shave Hot Shower
  • Brush B&B Chubby
  • Soap Catie's Bubbles Purple Grapefruit
  • Post Shave Cold Water Rinse
Good shave this evening I will stop short of saying great as it was the first time using this razor.
I only have the long comb head so can't compare to the short comb at this time.
Also shave three with the blade with most other Gillette's 2nd shave is the charm for me with Astra blades.
This razor was Gillette's first attempted to accommodate the new blade designed by Henry J Gaisman. (Valet Auto Strop Company)
This got Gillette into a lot of trouble but luckily they won a law suit.
As a mater of fact Henry J Gaisman company (Valet) and Gillette merged to resolve the law suit.
When King Camp Gillette died Henry J Gaisman took control of the company and as they say the rest is history.

(Big Big thanks to Bladerunner7 who I acquired the razor and soap from Cheers Mate)

Cheers all
IMG-8574.jpg