Shave of the Day - 2024

12 September (SR shave No. 1729)
The Torrey Razor Co., Worcester, Mass. USA, ⅝ full hollow American point and dressed in imitation ivory scales. Edge is finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.
XlkHy0u.jpg

And what I like the

what happened?
The colour of the brush does not match.
Your sets are the most colour matching on the forum and I like it a lot👍🏻
Thank you, but sometimes one must draw the line. Even I wouldn't put a yellow handled brush in that mix. Kind of like a gold cat in a gold mine. 🐱

Last edited:
81ml2KW.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Mystic Water Pompelino & Fiori
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoenix & Beau Albion After Shave Lotion
Scent: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

wrgor1mh.jpg

Soap: Mystic Water Marrakesh
Brush: TF 2 Band
Razor: Sheffield Made (near wedge)
I picked this razor up from a local market and it appeared to have never been used or honed. It's taken several honing sessions to get this to 'magical shave' status. You can see from the bevel and spine how uneven the blade is. I was starting to wish I'd never touched it and left it in 'original' condition for posterity but decided to have one more go. The edge was pretty close from the last honing but was only at 'utility' performance level. I put it on the Japanese natural stones and finished with CBN. Now I'm very pleased I took the time to have a functional piece of history. I don't really know but I suspect it might be my oldest straight.

6rNmWOHl.jpg

Soap: Soap by Luna - Fauno
Brush: Omega Italian Boar
Razor: Alpha Spirit SE
Blade: Schick (1)

This is another razor generously supplied by @Errol . Like the Atelier Durdan Vestige I wasn't expecting to be impressed but to my joyful surprise I was wrong. Very impressive shave and like the Vestige, efficient and comfortable.
I will be going back for more before sending it home and I've been checking out the web site. Not too badly priced either. :)
Blade loading was easy, I'd say easier than the Blackland Vector, which is not at all difficult to load. I like not having to negotiate the post with the blade. The only criticism I can concoct is with the handle being so thin does that make it susceptible to damage if dropped? Other than that I couldn't fault it. I had friends turning up as I was shaving so I was rushing the end of the shave, not a good idea with a new razor, but with no consequence.
Interested to try the Feather Pro Super to see if it stays as well behaved as Errol suggests.
I love Elena's soaps. I deliberately use the two I have infrequently to stretch out their life.