Steve Colling
Palmolive Menthol (Italy)
Yaqi Timberwolf handle/26mm Badger/Boar mix

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Paladin Cleo 26/52mm Bulb in Cobalt
Soap/Cream:- Essence of Scotland ~ Highland Bothy
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men
Tonight Tipple:- Ardbeg 10yrs old

PXL-20240205-204708773-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" DsCosmetic G7
Soap: MdC Original
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

PXL-20240204-191116564-PORTRAIT.jpg

Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" DsCosmetic G7
Soap: Valobra + a drop of rose EO 3‰
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Essence of Scotland ~ Highland Bothy
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

3.jpg

Brush: TroyCraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Pb Smokey Lavender
Razor: Blackland Sabre

Apparently Blackland are redesigning the Sabre some time this year. I'd be curious to know what Shane hopes to achieve by doing that. He's offering "Lite" versions of the Vector and the Blackbird now, but we already had the L1 plate for the Sabre if anyone wanted it.

Maybe he hopes he can come up with something @Errol likes this time? :unsure: ;)

Last edited:
ZYRUFYh.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower.
Brush: TroyTools - Honey Pearl (2 Band Badger).
Soap: Barrister and Mann - Brew Ha Ha.
Razor: Rockwell 6C (#4).
Blade: Astra Blue.
Post-shave: Barrister and Mann Balm - Brew Ha Ha.

Hey everyone, hope you have all been doing well! Felt like it was time to check in again as I have had shaving on my mind lately. I did a stint trying to grow a beard and can confirm I still have a patchy area that I'm resigned to the fact will never grow up. Had to get rid of it for a job interview and boy does it feel nice to be clean shaven in the summer.

I have found myself wanting to get a new piece of kit more so in recent times. My Rockwell 6C has taken a victory in my number 1 spot, and my other razors haven't seen any love since my last post here which was quite a while ago. When I first started my shaving journey I was all about adjustable razors and thought their utility could not be beat, but I think that's changed now... I haven't taken my 6C off plate #4 for two years. I still think the 6C is the perfect one-and-done razor for beginners but like many warned me when starting this hobby, I'm not here to save money on shaving. So with that being said I'm on the hunt for my next one-and-done haha. I think I will make a separate post for advice, but I've got my eye's on a Karve overlander with a project x handle but I'm willing to be completely convinced otherwise.

I recently made some shampoo bars from scratch which was very exciting, and I was finally able to use them today after letting them harden for a week. They lathered up nicely, and cleaned well without leaving any obvious mineral grime which makes me think I got the pH pretty spot on. I used a Coconut and Lime fragrance for them and it smells so good I'm tempted to take a bite. I might have a go shaving with it at some point which might honestly work, but perhaps not as good as dedicated soap.

Last edited: