• Blade Feather – HI-Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Omega Pro 48 Boar
  • Cream Palmolive – Coconut extract
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel Toner
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Feather blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.

Cold & wet in Perth yesterday so I missed my daily shave. An opportunity for the Feather blade this morning.
I find the Feather too sharp for a daily blade and always have a few weepers.
However, if I have 48 hrs growth the Feather blade really is hard to beat, it glides effortlessly to remove the bristles. A really enjoyable shave, refreshingly close.

The Omega Boar is my favorite brush, once broken in these are incredible, I do let is completely dry between uses.

Hi rbscebu do you think I could apply some sort of paste to the small strop that fits in a Valet Razor?
And if so were can I get some to Try.
Cheers
I have no experience with a Valet razor but I can see no reason why you couldn't try using a paste on their strop. I have only ever used cerium oxide paste on a strop. If you want some shoot me a PM and will send you a small block for postage only.

PXL-20240819-065811595.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap: DRH Windsor
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Anthelios Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge EdC

Travelling always involves encounters with chlorinated water, which (because I've become spoilt by our pure mountain rainwater back home) now disagrees with my skin. So it was no great surprise to feel the razor bite a new "bump" at the back of my neck. Not helped by the fact that the styptic I ALWAYS carry in my washbag against such emergencies turned out to be unaccountably absent. :rolleyes:

SOTD Saturday 17 August
  • Razor Gillette Adjustable FatBoy G1 (5)
  • Blade Gillette Minora Stainless (3)
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Jack The Barber - Sandalwood
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
The Morning Shave.

Not quite a morning shave today, closer to afternoon.
After a long walk with Poppy an American Bulldog a shower & shave was a welcome refresh.

The Gillette Minora Stainless was in my 1961 Gillette Adjustable FatBoy today.
3rd use on this blade, full head & face shave.

The Jack the Barber cream whipped into a very soft creamy lather with plenty of protection.
The shave was effortlessly smooth with no weepers.
The Sandalwood scent is quite mild. It was a little hot out today, so decided on the Thayers Facial Toner. Very refreshing post shave.

For the animal lovers, here is a picture of Poppy.

What a beautiful dog❤️

Hi islantman where do you buy your blades? (I'm hope its somewhere with reasonable postage to Australia)
I only have scraper blades not shave sharp ones
Cheers mate.

islantman

Contact Connaught Shaving in the UK as I believe they sell genuine Gems and probably could ship to you. Shipping from the USA will cost you all the money you have (just kidding) but you get my drift. You only want Gems stainless steel individually wrapped and coated with PTFE.

TUESDAY SUNDOWN SHAVE

IMG-20240809-141436.jpg

Been awhile since I dropped one in here but had to as I was using one of my top three soaps, no tallow or lanolin but just a fabulous soap that lathers beautifully, has excellent slickness, decent protection and smells very much like TF Tuscan Leather.

Razor
- Rockwell 6S - Plate 6
Blade - Wilkinson Sword (Germany)
Lather - Officina Artigiana ODB
Brush - AP Shave Co, Candy Striped Handle with a G5C Synthetic knot.
After Shave Lotion - Lucido (Japan)

Warhol Wednesday

csOmMWH.jpg

RAZOR: Gillette ‘80s Brit Tech Walnut Handle-Dyed
BLADE: NOS British Wilkinson Sword
BRUSH: Oumo 03 Venus Kaleidoscope 26mm SHD Badger
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Bulb Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Meißner Tremonia Lavender Deluxe (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50 made in England / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Maybe I am classic or not, unfortunately I am facing towards the end of the road and seriously mentally tired. My left eye is gone finished, done and dust since I had my fifth retinal detachment eye surgery, I've lost 85% vision now partly blind. It's been very hard for me to find myself again, I've been down that dark path many times over for nearly 50 years, being born profoundly deaf and being born cerebral palsy, and going blind soon in future with only one eye left.

@Gargravarr I've received your mail..... Thank you.... It's time for me to clean out my den..... So mote it.

Edit:- I'll be moving into a retirement home in 3 months

giphy.gif
Stay strong mate and thanks for all the contributions you made to the Wet Shaving community and P&C in particular.

SOTD Wednesday 21 August
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Gillette Minora Stainless (5)
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Palmolive – Coconut extract
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel Toner
  • Aftershave Brut Splash

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Minora blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.

I am using up an old blade. I find I get a lot of very good shaves from Gillette Blades.
This is #5 on this blade, full head & face shaves. The Minora is quiet mild, very comfortable shave.
My only negative with Minora- I remove and clean my blades with a microfiber cloth after each shave. The print on the blade comes after & the inner wrapper is plain. I keep the blade with the main tuk to remind me which blade it is.

The Gillette British Rocket FlareTip is a classic razor, pure quality. This razor is older than myself, and I am getting old..

Warhol Wednesday

csOmMWH.jpg

RAZOR: Gillette ‘80s Brit Tech Walnut Handle-Dyed
BLADE: NOS British Wilkinson Sword
BRUSH: Oumo 03 Venus Kaleidoscope 26mm SHD Badger
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap
I'm digging your vibe man peace and love.

Wednesday Evening 21/08
  • Razor Valet Auto Strop
  • Blade Valet (New One)
  • Pre-Shave Hot Shower
  • Brush B&B Synthetic Chubby
  • Soap Mitchells Wool Fat
  • Aftershave Polo Blue
I had had another go at a Valet razor Today with a new blade. (And a few day to get over the betting it gave me on Sunday)
A few drops of 3in1 oil on the strop and about six runs each side of the blade.
For those not familiar with the Valet strop see pic.
Its small and thin so if you mess the stropping action up the blade will cut right throw! (these little strops are getting harder to come by)
Great Close shave second pass to touch up only. :)
I Used my flash Aftershave to celebrate.
Cheers all.
IMG-8407.jpg

IMG-8399.jpg