Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the shave I had originally planned today, I was going to use Mystic Waters Bay Rum but when I put the loaded brush to my face I experienced what I can only describe as hellfire on my skin. Never had anything like it happen before but there was no way I could shave with that so a quick change to GFT and all was great again.
Crikey! Did your face recover? No more irritation?
Since it's a Bay Rum you have to ask if it was heavy with clove oil. Not sure what the Mystic Waters Bay Rum is loaded with but that's a likely culprit... The other thought would be that the batch wasn't saponified enough but that would be HIGHLY unusual. Worth chasing it up with the seller/maker...

Pre: Myrsol Antesol
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Tabula Rasa Cardamom
Razor: Standard
Blade: Feather
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Plastic Shave

Lather was really good. Thick and creamy. Lovely cardamom scent as well. I do enjoy using this soap and finishing off with the Myrsol Plastic Shave. I reckon that they pair really well. Happy weekend everyone!

63cde6cefab9d4ff4b3e3689ce46a986.jpg

Brush: Chubby 2
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Timor
Cream: GFT Limes
A/S: GFT Skinfood and Wahl Bay Rum

Not the shave I had originally planned today, I was going to use Mystic Waters Bay Rum but when I put the loaded brush to my face I experienced what I can only describe as hellfire on my skin. Never had anything like it happen before but there was no way I could shave with that so a quick change to GFT and all was great again.
That is a shame mate, No one wants to have a negative reaction to something that they put on their face :(

If you are keen to off load the soap shoot me a PM and perhaps we can work something out.

ol2tTZRl.jpg

The Plastic Shave pairs wonderfully with the strong rose of the Rosa Bourbon. Delightful!

Lovely cardamom scent as well. I do enjoy using this soap and finishing off with the Myrsol Plastic Shave. I reckon that they pair really well. Happy weekend everyone!
The Plastic Shave seems to pair well with the spicy scents as much as the rose [emoji257] scents. I've paired it with the Jabonman "Brista de Oriente" as well which is a spicy cardamom scent also.

ol2tTZRl.jpg

The Plastic Shave pairs wonderfully with the strong rose of the Rosa Bourbon. Delightful!

The Plastic Shave seems to pair well with the spicy scents as much as the rose [emoji257] scents. I've paired it with the Jabonman "Brista de Oriente" as well which is a spicy cardamom scent also.
I really like the plastic shave face feel. Spot on with the spicy scents, I fully agree with you on that.

Crikey! Did your face recover? No more irritation?
Since it's a Bay Rum you have to ask if it was heavy with clove oil. Not sure what the Mystic Waters Bay Rum is loaded with but that's a likely culprit... The other thought would be that the batch wasn't saponified enough but that would be HIGHLY unusual. Worth chasing it up with the seller/maker...
Used it yesterday with no issues at all. I really can't imagine why it's had such a reaction today but I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens.

Used it yesterday with no issues at all. I really can't imagine why it's had such a reaction today but I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens.
Weird. Very weird.

Almost like a practical joke... Anyone 'fess up?

gINgEGy.jpg

Pre: Occams Crushed Lime Pre-Shave Soap
Brush: Simpson CH1 SB
Razor: 1961 Gillette Fatboy G2
Soap: Stirling - Piacenza
Balm: Stirling - Piacenza
Splash: Stirling - Piacenza

Took the Fatboy out this morning and was glad for it, dialled it in at a 5 and set to work. It shaves well, much like my Progress to be honest. A lovely 2 pass and I was done.

Great scent from the Piacenza and the usual good cushion and glide from the Stirling. A fantastic way to start my Saturday.

Enjoy your Shaves, Gentlemen :)

Razor: Vintage Leresche #77
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (6)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson AS2
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Triple Butter Shave Soap
Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Shaving Oil

gINgEGy.jpg

Pre: Occams Crushed Lime Pre-Shave Soap
Brush: Simpson CH1 SB
Razor: 1961 Gillette Fatboy G2
Soap: Stirling - Piacenza
Balm: Stirling - Piacenza
Splash: Stirling - Piacenza

Took the Fatboy out this morning and was glad for it, dialled it in at a 5 and set to work. It shaves well, much like my Progress to be honest. A lovely 2 pass and I was done.

Great scent from the Piacenza and the usual good cushion and glide from the Stirling. A fantastic way to start my Saturday.

Enjoy your Shaves, Gentlemen :)
Now that is a lovely set up. Fatboys are so classy.

Sword: Schick I-Type / Personna Injector
Suds: Mike's Natural Lime / Omega S
Salve: Dickinson's Witch Hazel / Myrsol F.Extra

Last night a friend came over and we discussed various soaps and razors. He then had his first shave with a Schick and I think he's a convert.

Anyway, this morning when I went to have a shave, all my soaps were still out so I reached for some Mike's which is something I haven't done in a while. The lather was built slowly and methodically and the finished product was magnificent! Two luxurious passes later and I am seriously smooth and ready for my Saturday morning.

Great shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.