Status
Not open for further replies.
Full_Size_Render.jpg

A Study in Amber and Oak
Pre:
Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Envy White 26mm
Soap: Mike's Orange, Cedar & Black Pepper
Razor: 1972 Gillette Super Adjustable (7)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (2)
Splash: Floid Suave

Broke out the SA as it's coming up to my birthday and this is my birth razor. Got a great BBS, although it felt a little harsh. Despite the fact thatI like (and need) an aggressive razor I often feel the Gillette adjustables have a sweet spot in the 5/6 range. 7,8,9 whilst a great shave, can feel harsh. Either that or this is one of the few razors that the Polsilver NOS doesn't work in.
The Wolf Whiskers with the Envy White knot is really just superb. It looks so much better than in the pic. I am in the process of ordering another and was tempted with a Bob Quinn Manchurian knot (which I would have to procure myself), but I may just go with the Envy White in 24mm. This knot is impressive.

Last edited:
saryDBAonlr3H4385czG-qVdALU2aUqC5DPHwnOtiFvb6tiHGQaOmIEMHs_AhPzcIHxi9ijr7F8AL39572CUq5SLYtA05doN4BmEyuBMpOwRTVwsudQG4vnIohhxbqCs-OonRiCzes6XFAO1w08tKI3Ps_wt1ICv0FYuPd8EbggSkl_O-IPfnQ3IzA3rPGUEDz-BAwGknUz3jBsGUDPJAtaYBLDFCjPjWkPOCB98lLpoUw88sViphk_nSFSO5nuWBEAKMDvWI-r6VQiyV0XxWm2tArur3MssZZtPekVJ_uNyWwCOIHoqN9ClgJiPZb7VwPlvl-cr7t_xvKjQYLTwgD3GfpRERtABVjxtdbanhFFL2V190-yKh8ahCPBhJoDddJEZTeuR7oY0lK8q3duGQJhqNEdyMirWLFtH-w0OpovMV-OmgZPjQ7FbiMh5MumqHTvp9VegtJobWg12p_NjHpAUhPQJIdiZMThAhMLJrZ4P2sDZIDYnXdFgBW4TAen-CQ8N34TtrWrWBcJpBAqOhQ5IFzBWSwgBmAYN15tpZURC9ViSoVcs8gyggjGxKSnvKH_Kj214JNWNrjPpHeifSqrQnlSGdZUdxYKwN4c3Z0j3l3ke=w1145-h816-no

Travelling First Class - someone's gotta do it...

Face Wash : Ego QV Soapless Cleanser
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Thater 2-band
Soap : Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Razor : HG Razors 6/8 Suminigashi Custom
After Shave : Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Balm

A truly luxurious shave today. Henri et Victoria have absolutely crashed their way into my top shaving soaps - the Cognac and Cuban Cigars scent is simply sublime, and the lather consistently excellent.

The HG razor, expertly made for me by our new friend and P&C member @gregg, performed beautifully. I still think of this razor as my "luxury limo" - it's like a BMW or Mercedes in use. It's quiet, totally comfortable, and with its "smiling blade" the performance is just stellar. Thank you @gregg!

Today I finished off with Henri et Elizabeth's Cognac and Cuban Cigars Balm. Not only is it wonderful to have such fragrance continuity after the soap, but it's a really nice balm. It penetrates the skin quickly, leaving no greasiness at all. Just a great face feel and a wonderful fragrance.

Thanks to @Psmith for introducing me to Henri et Elizabeth's great products, and to @gregg for creating such a uniquely beautiful razor for me.

Have a great weekend everybody...

81e24b6626cc1c0267e7bc30a9b8d17d.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Timor
Soap: Mystic Waters Bay Rum
A/S: GFT Skinfood and Wahl Bay Rum

A bit different to yesterday's experience with Mystic Water, no burn or irritation but I still think I'll be passing this on in due course. I just can't get that burning feeling out of my mind when I smell the Mystic Waters.

Date: 24 September 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Whipped Dog Silvertip in Resin Handle 24/48mm
Lather: - The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream
Razor: - RazorRock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: - Feather #1
t3603.gif

Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm

t3601.gif
t3603.gif
OMG! first time ever using a feather blade on an open comb I thought this blade will give me the worst blood bath shave, and thank goodness I haven't seen Freddy Krueger anywhere while I was shaving with a feather blade. I thought the feather will give me a very bad razor burn, and thank bloody goodness not a single razor burn, irritation or any nicks and cuts, however the Alum Block gave me a very strong sting and it didn't hurt like a real bastard after I apply my aftershave
t3601.gif
t3603.gif
I wonder how long the feather blade will last on my RazorRock Old Type Open Comb ???

921661e33d83f338f743d807eaa0b838.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (7)
A/S: Myrsol Emulsion

Love the Haslinger. Very predictable lather formation, resulting in a nice slick coating and super glide. Three pass shave with clean-up. A little razor burn and shave not quite DFS; will likely retire blade.
Thayers Superhazel is a handy adjunct to the ever-faithful Myrsols when the shave is a little rough.

921661e33d83f338f743d807eaa0b838.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (7)
A/S: Myrsol Emulsion

Love the Haslinger. Very predictable lather formation, resulting in a nice slick coating and super glide. Three pass shave with clean-up. A little razor burn and shave not quite DFS; will likely retire blade.
Thayers Superhazel is a handy adjunct to the ever-faithful Myrsols when the shave is a little rough.

@TomG keep this in mind the Haslinger Sheep Milk & Lanolin is very similar to MWF ;)(y)

upHflQT.jpg

Razor: ATT Colossus R1
Blade: Feather
Brush: SJOL 28mm Silvertip
Cream: L'Occitane - CADE
Balm: L'Occitane - CADE
Scent: L'Occitane - CADE

A lazy Sunday shave, clean, rewarding and leisurely. The post shave feel from the L'Occitane Balm is probably the best I have ever felt, and I have used hundreds of balms in my time. A lovely unobtrusive Juniper scent, a very satisfactory shave.

Shave Well, Gentlemen :)

Razor: Vintage Leresche #77
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (7)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Fine Shaving Soap - L'Orange Noir
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu
Cologne: Terre d'Hermès

This shave brought to you by @stillshunter - for the samples of the Fine and Terre d'Hermès.

Nice shave, great way to start the day. Mrs Mark1966 even said I smelt nice - can't be a bad thing (y)

[By the process of logical deduction I'm assuming that on other days I don't smell nice ...]

upHflQT.jpg

Razor: ATT Colossus R1
Blade: Feather
Brush: SJOL 28mm Silvertip
Cream: L'Occitane - CADE
Balm: L'Occitane - CADE
Scent: L'Occitane - CADE

A lazy Sunday shave, clean, rewarding and leisurely. The post shave feel from the L'Occitane Balm is probably the best I have ever felt, and I have used hundreds of balms in my time. A lovely unobtrusive Juniper scent, a very satisfactory shave.

Shave Well, Gentlemen :)

Stellar @todras (y)

Nice shave, great way to start the day. Mrs Mark1966 even said I smelt nice - can't be a bad thing

From my experience, the Mrs approval tends to count a lot towards using, enjoying and continuing to use a certain scent ;)

Case in point: B+M Roam, which I no longer umm..'choose' to use.

Razor: Vintage Leresche #77
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (7)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Fine Shaving Soap - L'Orange Noir
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu
Cologne: Terre d'Hermès

This shave brought to you by @stillshunter - for the samples of the Fine and Terre d'Hermès.

Nice shave, great way to start the day. Mrs Mark1966 even said I smelt nice - can't be a bad thing (y)

[By the process of logical deduction I'm assuming that on other days I don't smell nice ...]

Great to hear. You might need to work on that stink of yours mate....

So what did you think of the Fine lather - come to be one of my go-to soaps.
...think @SydBJW might agree

Great to hear. You might need to work on that stink of yours mate....

So what did you think of the Fine lather - come to be one of my go-to soaps.
...think @SydBJW might agree

I've tried the Platinum you gave me and they really do lather well BUT they don't have the 'X' factor to knock off an existing soap and get into my rotation I suspect.

If I ever run out of soap and need to buy some they would certainly be in the mix ...

Hey - Happy shaving :)

From my experience, the Mrs approval tends to count a lot towards using, enjoying and continuing to use a certain scent ;)

Case in point: B+M Roam, which I no longer umm..'choose' to use.

Yep - happy wife = happy life and all that.

Maybe you keep the Roam as your travel/camping/ boys weekend soap. It has that rugged type scent ...

Hey - Happy shaving :)

Maybe you keep the Roam as your travel/camping/ boys weekend soap. It has that rugged type scent ...

I'm rugged enough, it comes with the profession :D

I gave the Roam to a friend in the US a while ago, he returned the favour recently with 2 pucks of B+M 42 that I wanted.

Pre: Shower, Proraso Green Pre/Post
Soap: Soap Commander "Purpose"
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 "Pure"
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Razor: iKon X3

Another good shave this morning, the result was a DFS+. Not sure yet if the Rapira blades are one I will chase, was slightly tuggy on the first pass...
The soap commander soap was good again this morning, however I may not have hydrated it quite enough.
May have been the fact I was using the badger this morning, I've become quite accustomed to the Omega boar.
As usual, the X3 performed well and the Myrsol is a fantastic finisher. All in all a good shave for a Sunday morning. :)

20160925_SOTDSBW_zpsravqhc0b.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: BBS-1
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (1)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac
Soap: Stirling Lavender & Bergamot
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Really nice first effort with the Shavette and the training wheels (y)

Managed to do 2 passes (WTG/XTG) and just had some tiny weepers. Cleaned everything up with the trusted BBS-1 and the end result was definitely acceptable (although with some alum burn). The lather was fantastic (picture here) and most important of all I enjoyed the experience - hope you all have great shaves as well (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.