Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Gillette Excel Cartridge System Holder
Blade: OEM Gillette Excel Cartridge
Brush: Muhle Travel Synthetic
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Arlington
Aftershave: Left at home :(

How long, O Lord? Will I forget my aftershave forever?
How long must I shave my face with this?
How long must I must I use a cartridge 'system' again
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my envy be towards the others with their SOTD pics?

Psalm 13:1-2 (New Revised Shavers Version)

Travelling with just carry on, and forgot to pack aftershave in my kit. Only have a shave really and that not a true shave at all. Do you feel my pain and anguish?

I can Feel your Pain @Mark1966 - makes you appreciate coming home !
Yeah carry on is much more efficient except for the blade issue!! I was in Melbourne last weekend and the airport guys took out my Rocket Flare Tip from carry on and opened it to check for blades (luckily had none). Ended up having a nice chat about wet shaving to the security guy who said his father still shaved with one of "those things" LOL
Hope the rest of your trip improves - can't even buy more aftershave up there unless its <100 ML :cry:

I can Feel your Pain @Mark1966 - makes you appreciate coming home !
Yeah carry on is much more efficient except for the blade issue!! I was in Melbourne last weekend and the airport guys took out my Rocket Flare Tip from carry on and opened it to check for blades (luckily had none). Ended up having a nice chat about wet shaving to the security guy who said his father still shaved with one of "those things" LOL
Hope the rest of your trip improves - can't even buy more aftershave up there unless its <100 ML :cry:

Thanks!

Yeah I've had interesting conversations when transporting a pile of DEs in carry on - good fun :)

I could buy aftershave as no 100ml limit on domestic but I have a drawer full at home already!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
6112b637113b8784a323493e1ebd83af.jpg

Pre: Top Seven emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: B&M Beaudelaire
Razor: HG Razor Custom kamisori

Twice in a row, can't be a fluke. Different soap as well. Another stunning lather delivery from B&M's Beaudelaire, one of my top shelf scents.

Shave was beautiful. Two little nicks around the upper chin, more likely due to technique than anything else. One pass with touch up was all I needed. Great way to start my public holiday Friday.

Special mention to @Draco Noir for recommending the emulsion, that product has made my kamisori shave much smoother and less bloody.

Razor: Gillette Excel Cartridge System Holder
Blade: OEM Gillette Excel Cartridge
Brush: Muhle Travel Synthetic
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Arlington
Aftershave: Left at home :(

How long, O Lord? Will I forget my aftershave forever?
How long must I shave my face with this?
How long must I must I use a cartridge 'system' again
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my envy be towards the others with their SOTD pics?

Psalm 13:1-2 (New Revised Shavers Version)

Travelling with just carry on, and forgot to pack aftershave in my kit. Only have a shave really and that not a true shave at all. Do you feel my pain and anguish?

Well yes, because not only are without the A/S, you are using a cart!

6112b637113b8784a323493e1ebd83af.jpg

Pre: Top Seven emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: B&M Beaudelaire
Razor: HG Razor Custom kamisori

Twice in a row, can't be a fluke. Different soap as well. Another stunning lather delivery from B&M's Beaudelaire, one of my top shelf scents.

Shave was beautiful. Two little nicks around the upper chin, more likely due to technique than anything else. One pass with touch up was all I needed. Great way to start my public holiday Friday.

Special mention to @Draco Noir for recommending the emulsion, that product has made my kamisori shave much smoother and less bloody.

Looking so good, I can see the smile from here :)

Date: 30 September 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Pre De Provence No. 63 Shave Soap
Razor: - RazorRock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: - Personna Platinum #1
Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss Intense EDT

And yet 63 years later that President still did not retire. These vintage razors keep on surprising me.:D I also have the Semogue 1250 and am currently my daily brush. I will buy 10 of them any day any time.:love:

FYI the 820 is the exact bristle as the 1250...in case you want the same brush with a different handle.

The 820/1250 bristle is my favourite too :)

Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Brush: Paladin Falstaff 26mm
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Razor: Gillette NEW SC
Blade: Feather (1)
After-shave: Alt Innsbruck

Classy shave. Took a little more time to get the lather to where I want it, but that's probably due to this being a sample. The NEW paired with the Feather gave an incredible BBS. The NEW is a very very good razor. Must try it with a heavier handle.

Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Brush: Paladin Falstaff 26mm
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Razor: Gillette NEW SC
Blade: Feather (1)
After-shave: Alt Innsbruck

Classy shave. Took a little more time to get the lather to where I want it, but that's probably due to this being a sample. The NEW paired with the Feather gave an incredible BBS. The NEW is a very very good razor. Must try it with a heavier handle.
I love the NEW / Feather combination also - amazingly close shave ! Shave on my friend - vintage-style!!

IMAG0317a.jpg

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Priya Macadamia Oil soap
Brush: - Vie Long Peleón Horsehair
Lather: - Proraso Green tub
Razor: - 40s-50s UK Gillette Ball-end Tech
Blade: - Kai Stainless Steel (1)
Post Shave: - The Bluebeard's Revenge Post-Shave Balm, Floid Mentolado Suave AS

The Kai blade has given the closest head-shave I have experienced for some time, but not as forgiving and slick to use as the Astra SP. Could be in my top 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.