Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Myrsol Antesol
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Envy White Supreme
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: HG Custom Kamisori
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Lather looked amazing and it was for a bit. I am still having issues with it drying out, despite loading it very heavily and adding a lot of water. I will give another soap a go next shave. Giving the face a little rest tomorrow, as the razor was grabby and nicky because of the lather losing out on glide because of my lather drying out.
Sorry to hear about the drying out issues of the Spitfire. I really wanted to get me some but after reading your comment I’m a bit worried...

Date: 28 September 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Resin Handle 24/50mm
Lather: - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: - RazorRock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: - Feather #3
t3603.gif

Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Feather blade starting to give me some small tugging WOW! I'm surprised and thought this SUPER sharp blade would last longer and I know is not very smooth, it seem the feather doesn't get along with open comb oh well it going in the bin.
MWF is a good choice for the Feather blades IMHO...

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Polsilver SI (6)
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - Felce Aromatica
Brush: Mühle Silvertip Fibre V2.0
ASB: The Stray Whisker - After Balm
Cologne: Davidoff Cool Water
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, sbalm, cologne

@dewynter the blade you used is that the Vintage Polsilver Stainless or just the Polsilver Super Iridium and I can tell you're LOVING the PSI ;) better start buy a 1000 blades.

UlSUDrK.jpg

tnhetZP.jpg

SOTD (28/9/2016)

Pre: Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: iKon OSS
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge Yellow Pack (1st use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: RazoRock XXX
AS: Thayer’s Lemon/Pitralon AS
Balm: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk AS Balm
Fragrance: L’Occitan EDT
Lovely shave walklikeaduck. These Semogue brushes are simply amazing. I also have a sharp edge in my razor this morning. A very solid no nonsense blade IMHO. My go to blade is the Gillette Minora Platinum but on occasions I like to break out a sharp edge blade.

Sorry to hear about the drying out issues of the Spitfire. I really wanted to get me some but after reading your comment I’m a bit worried...
More likely user error than anything else. I also took too long to shave. Don't let it scare you away from a beautifully crafted soap. The scent is amazing. I'd be using it if I was using a DE, where I am quite familiar with.

Lather looked amazing and it was for a bit. I am still having issues with it drying out, despite loading it very heavily and adding a lot of water. I will give another soap a go next shave. Giving the face a little rest tomorrow, as the razor was grabby and nicky because of the lather losing out on glide because of my lather drying out..

@silver every soap is different when you load more soap it dries out quick no matter how much water you used, you must find the perfect balance with the right amount of soap and water is not easy. The best thing to do is write it down for every soap you used that way you'll keep track of how much soap and water for each brand, that way you'll get a perfect slickness every time so it doesn't dry out remember every shaving soap is different.

@dewynter the blade you used is that the Vintage Polsilver Stainless or just the Polsilver Super Iridium and I can tell you're LOVING the PSI ;) better start buy a 1000 blades.
Just current Polsilver Super Iridium. Not the vintage one. I already got 1000 :) Just need to post a photo. May be will do that tonight. Yeah.. I do love them! Only the wax dots are bit annoying, but I guess that's why they are super sharp - no dulling from the paper.

Lovely shave walklikeaduck. These Semogue brushes are simply amazing. I also have a sharp edge in my razor this morning. A very solid no nonsense blade IMHO. My go to blade is the Gillette Minora Platinum but on occasions I like to break out a sharp edge blade.
First time using the 7 O'clock; turned out to be very nice.

6ed792f29bdebdecfe0c79acd8a3de43.jpg

Pre: Top Seven Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Razor: HG Razors Custom Kamisori
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Stirling Bay Rum

Game changer prep- Top Seven Emulsion.

Previously, I haven't been using the emulsion as pre-shave ever since the first shave, which resulted in relatively bumpy shaves. I reckon it plays a big part on my comfortable shave today with the Kamisori.

I achieved a wonderful shave today, with the pre-shave and amazing Stirling lather. The pre-shave routine works for me. Makes my skin very supple and ready for the blade. I will further experiment tomorrow, with the usage of a pre-shave.

842d5b4dfcc64215f1785872020e85a5.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Razor Master Toivo Pine Tar
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (2)
A/S: Floid Black

Love Toivo. And it looks as thought it's made for the Grundtal container - a Scandinavian alliance.
The Super silver was smoother on the second shave - I can really feel this blade on my face. Not in a bad way, but the AS-D2 is mild, so blade feel is normally feint.
Loads of rich foamy beige lather; enough for 3 passes, a cleanup, and a good whallop on the mug for final cleansing and conditioning. DFS+., and nary a drop of claret. The post shave feel was so good that I initially forgot my Myrsol post-shave routine. Got around to it belatedly, and the feedback from the Antisol told me what I suspected - bugger all irritation.
A good dousing of Floid Black to finish off a great shave.

Last edited by a moderator:
ULVa1gb.jpg

La Toja Pre Shave Soap
St James of London 28mm ST
Above The Tie Colossus R1
Feather Blade
Stirling - Executive Man Soap
Stirling - Executive Man Balm
Stirling - Executive Man Splash

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Merkur Heavy Classic 34С
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap/Cream: Fine Accoutrements - L'Orange Noir Shaving Soap
Brush: Mühle Silvertip Fibre V2.0
A/S: Fine Accoutrements - L'Orange Noir After Shave
ASB: The Stray Whisker After Balm
Cologne: Terre d'Hermes EDT
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, splash, dry skin, balm, cologne

Such a nice start for such a dull and rainy day.

Razor: Vintage Gillette English LC NEW head on 'Bren' handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

All the talk of TGN knots and Myrsol had me going to this morning - although the talk of nicks and weepers was in play too :(

The Lab Blues are nore my favourite blade in this razor. The MdC is truly a great soap.

Off to Brisvegas for a conference as a delegate - woot, woot, party time!!!!

20160929_SOTDSRepia_zpstuehwke9.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: BBS-1
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (3)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (3)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Soap: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Even better shave with the shavette today - fantastic lather (picture here), smooth result and the lights are back on - hope you all enjoy your shaves(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.