Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am going to have to try a soap that Agent 66 labels amaze-balls :D

Yeah, but I'm fickle too don't forget.

Today's rooster can be tomorrows feather duster!

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 12 April 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Cherry Wood 24/55mm
Lather: - Pre De Provence No. 63 Shaving Soap
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General" with The Stray Whisker "Howitzer" Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild Blade #2
Post Shave: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave / Bull Dog Original Aftershave Balm

Full_Size_Render_4.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S - 3
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: B&M Petrichor

Really enjoyed my first shave with the Petrichor soap, I wish that I got the splash too.
I totally agree with @Mark1966 , it is amaze-balls! I’ve only used it once so it’s early days, but the scent is right up my ally and I would rate it up around my favorite Beaudelaire. (y)

Full_Size_Render_4.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S - 3
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: B&M Petrichor

Really enjoyed my first shave with the Petrichor soap, I wish that I got the splash too.
I totally agree with @Mark1966 , it is amaze-balls! I’ve only used it once so it’s early days, but the scent is right up my ally and I would rate it up around my favorite Beaudelaire. (y)
Since you haven't posted one of your amaze-balls lather shots - I don't believe you :D :D :D

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6s - R2
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (2)
Lotion: Alum / Mennen Skin Bracer / Nivea Post-Shave / Clubman Talc

Another DFS with the Rockwell 6s. It is a fine instrument. Yesterday I began with the R1 base plate, and today's shave was with the R2. As anticipated, the R2 base plate was slightly more aggressive but also mild. The next shave will be with the R3 base plate as the process to dial in the razor continues.

The Rockwell 6s is a relatively heavy razor, and the heaviest DE razor I have ever used. However, its weight seems to be an advantage in shaving, with less risk of a nick, the always very stubborn whiskers on and below the chin.

Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud Shower Gel
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Face Scrub
Clinique Sonic
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Cream
Acqua di Parma Brush
Nichiri Pelican Strop
Nichiri King Pelican 32
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Balm
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Revitalising Face Cream
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Eye Cream
Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud Cologne Concentrée

DfJypfl.jpg

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Enjoy your day gentlemen

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6s - R2
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (2)
Lotion: Alum / Mennen Skin Bracer / Nivea Post-Shave / Clubman Talc

Another DFS with the Rockwell 6s. It is a fine instrument. Yesterday I began with the R1 base plate, and today's shave was with the R2. As anticipated, the R2 base plate was slightly more aggressive but also mild. The next shave will be with the R3 base plate as the process to dial in the razor continues.

The Rockwell 6s is a relatively heavy razor, and the heaviest DE razor I have ever used. However, its weight seems to be an advantage in shaving, with less risk of a nick, the always very stubborn whiskers on and below the chin.
I'm pretty in love with my 6S, plate 3 is my favourite! They are surprisingly heavy at first aren't they?

Photo%2012-4-17%2022%2017%2005_zpsnepx90rf.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Squadron Soaps "Group Captain's Choice"
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (2)
EdC: DR Harris Mayfair

Second run with the modern Perma-sharp was, surprisingly, a bit rough. The lather was great, and it was only the second shave, so was a bit surprised.
Maybe it was just "one of those shaves", as the first shave was a ripper.
Despite the weepers, a very close three pass shave, and a quick rub of the alum block, following by Myrsol Emulsion, and all was well in the World again.

I'm pretty in love with my 6S, plate 3 is my favourite! They are surprisingly heavy at first aren't they?

Yes, the 6s is definitely hefty, and I'm finding I like it. In fact, the 6s is so good that it has for now brought my acute RAD phase under control. I can get along just find with it and am looking forward to trying the R3 base plate.

689bf1de76eeca923feb0385734b6026.jpg

Second really great shave with the timeless. 2 in a row. Thinking my skin was irritated when I started using it, and because it's so efficient, the skin never recovered. Definitely have to be careful, but gives a wonderfully close shave. Jabonman is top 3 on my list.

CnSYBTI.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Hoffritz 103
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Eufros Kasbah
Australian Private Reserve Mycroft Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Mycroft EDP

Cool and wet again, muddy spice from the Kasbah and a superb lather. Sorted!

Full_Size_Render.jpg

• Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
  • Soap: Barrister & Mann Petrichor
  • Brush: Shavemac D01 2 Band Extreme Flat Top 23/46
  • Strop: Kanayama
  • Razor: Es-ex 6/8"
  • Post-Shave: Alum, Myrsol Antesol
This brush is an instant hit. Soft tips, scrubby, no scritch and huge face coverage. I will do a proper review at some point but I am loving the EFT and, being D01 2 Band, will get better over the next 30 shaves. The Petrichor is a very nice soap (I'm not as bowled over by it as some) but seems to be thirstier than other B&M soaps. My first pass lather was quite dry, although it's possible I haven't learned the brush yet (EFT doesn't hold as much water?). An excellent BBS with a very smooth upper lip due to changing my technique. (If anyone's interested these are excellent straight shaving technique videos.

92q50jt.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-band
Lather: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Wonderful shave today - the Wolfman and a fresh Voskhod blade are a match made in heaven and I don't think any of my soaps can drink as much water as Mystic Water - sorry no lather shot today, I leave it all to @Benjamin. The resulting shave was super close yet so smooth and my skin just feels happy and plumb!

Hope you have a great Ester break ahead (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.