Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Razor: Mongoose SE
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (22x)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: Old Spice Vintage
AS: Thayer's Cucumber/Old Spice
Balm: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Wood EDT

Went for something new today. Shavette time. And how intimidating!
Braver than me mate.

vRcooKe.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Australian Private Reserve The Santal

Beautiful handle on that Wolfman!
Since @alfredus you are a Slant man should we start a Slant thread or is there one already?
Btw your opinion on ikon B1 stopped me buying one.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless & Voskhod (1)
Brush: TF Custom "Rainbow Falls" 24mm 2 Band Finest.
Soap: Squadron Soaps "Sweetheart"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: Crown King "The Kiss"

Another very sweet shave all round.;)
Have a good night chaps.

rIDKMJ2.jpg

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless & Voskhod (1)
Brush: TF Custom "Rainbow Falls" 24mm 2 Band Finest.
Soap: Squadron Soaps "Sweetheart"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: Crown King "The Kiss"

Another very sweet shave all round.;)
Have a good night chaps.

rIDKMJ2.jpg
Hope you're feeling in tip top shape Mr. T ;) absolutely still in love with the brush. Enjoying every lather with it

Last edited by a moderator:
I am I am mate !! Good to hear you are loving the brush. They do put out an excellent lather :)
Cheers Tony.

Braver than me mate.

Beautiful handle on that Wolfman!
Since @alfredus you are a Slant man should we start a Slant thread or is there one already?
Btw your opinion on ikon B1 stopped me buying one.

Thank you very much - you should definitely open a Slant thread (or any other thread for that matter) if you feel like it (y) I don't recall there being already one...

Please don't forget, that my opinion is exactly that - mine :D

I tend to prefer milder razors and the actual shave itself is the most important part for me. And the B1 was just too aggressive for me - but I am sure there are people out there, who enjoy it. The 2 I have kept so far (and am very fond of) are the RazoRock Stealth Slant V1 and the Above the Tie S1 - both mild yet very efficient for me...

I somehow like the look of the new Waldbusch clone, but haven't seen/heard any decent reviews about it yet...

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (1)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Petrichor Shaving Soap
Aftershave Splash: Barrister & Mann Petrichor Tonique Splash

I'm not sure where to start with this shave. The B&M Petrichor soap is simply incredible. The performance is outstanding. Rich, thick, wet lather everywhere. I thought of taking a photo for @alfredus but I had lather on my hands, it was seriously everywhere. Plenty for far more than my two passes and great performance on the face too.

So now the actual shaving. This is a very special razor, as you can read here, A very special SOTD, a very special British Aristocrat #15. I've not used a #15 for a while and had forgotten how blissful a razor it is. Just a delight to use, balanced, efficient, wonderful.

Finished off with the B&M Petrichor Tonique splash. This is good stuff, great face feel and then the scent. Well I'm not sure if it is the smell of damp Australian soil after rain but I certainly love it. A combination of elements from the, very polarising, Roam and the Diamond which I've only sniffed from the soap. Very enjoyable.

I thought a few times while shaving this morning about blokes who wake up and hate the daily shaving routine, I remember when I was that bloke. How this have changed for the better.

Enjoy Love your shaves guys!

Great post, Agent 66!

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'H2' boar
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Petrichor Shaving Soap
Aftershave Splash: Barrister & Mann Petrichor Tonique Splash

Oh guys, seriously, you have to give this B&M soap a run, it is amaze-balls. Great performance and a scent that is so rich and evocative - I'm loving it!

fee885b9ba5170d2cc487d9951cdb474.jpg

What a difference a few days away can make. Got the Rockwell out just in case the timeless was rough again. Took heaps of time and really short strokes (1 inch), ended up with a 2 pass DFS with zero irritation or nicks. Would normally go a third, but was just so enjoyable decided to leave it.

The figgy, typical B&M performance with a definite green fig smell. Imagine fig with a sharper, more tart citrus note.

Finally convinced my boss to try shaving soaps, so taking in a synthetic with Stirling Gentleman for him to go today.

Ohh, it was a brand new Rapira Chrome in the timeless.

PS - work boss. Home boss wants to try figgy pudding on her legs as well.

bXAG2Sz.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Boots Manchurian
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire
APR Alfredus Choice Balm
Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire Aftershave
APR Alfredus Choice EDP

Crisp and cool, dirty Fougère weather. Nice.

Another brilliant shave. Really is no better start to the morning.

Brush:
TF Custom ice fusion
Soap/Cream: Ship wreck cove - i have a new favourite soap. @beerhog your not going to want to pass on the AS im in love with this scent
Razor: Ikon B1 DLC slant - i have a new favourite razor.
Blade: Polsilver
Post-shave: TSW AS balm - i only have a sample but this is great, im goign to have to invest!

Cost, cost, cost... Always the first point :-(

Can he do it to Wolfman tolerances incl the fit and finish? Can he do it with different metals incl Al, SS and Ti? Is he prepared to do prototypes until the head geometry is perfect? Those are the real issues.

My boss has occasion, after making a proposal to ask me "Can we do that?" I always reply "We can do anything, all it takes is time and money". Same applies here. Have you got both?

My boss has occasion, after making a proposal to ask me "Can we do that?" I always reply "We can do anything, all it takes is time and money". Same applies here. Have you got both?

Will one do? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.