Musgo Glyce
Paladin PK-47
ATT R1 Colossus
Feather
L&L Grooming + Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Salve
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDT

A very warming and pleasant Wednesday Winter Solstice, enjoy your shaves chaps :)

651BFA14-2401-4FAA-8BE0-59201EBA3C71_zps85qjztp3.jpg

Pre: Olive oil
Razor: Wapienica Wedge
Brush: Vulfix travel
Soap: Nivea

Another travel set up except about 600kms from the last one. Don't normally travel with a straight but the Wapi lends itself to the purpose with stainless scales.

xbpZvef.jpg

Razor: MJ-90
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: TF Chubby
Soap: DR Harris Sandalwood
Balm: Stirling Spice

Two passes, across the grain in each direction. Great lather from the DR Harris, the astra was smooth, but not as close a shave as I was getting from the polsilvers. I'll give it at least one more shave to account for user error on that front. The Stirling paired very nicely with the soap.

1497908055.1477.jpg

Really nice shave today. 5th outing of the Gillette rubie blade. The eufros balm is my favourite post product. Thin yet protective, able to be used in summer or winter without feeling greasy.

Hey Korbz, where did you get the eufros after shave balm from? I did some googling but no joy. (Will need something when my Seacret ASB runs out. :) )

Brush: Semogue 620
Razor: Gillette New
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Proraso red

Feather in the new is a bit deadly, got to be extra careful around the gullet!

Great pic! I love the scent of proraso red, but I find it not particularly slick. How do you find it?

Great pic! I love the scent of proraso red, but I find it not particularly slick. How do you find it?

Yeah it is a favourite of mine scent wise. I used a little more water this time and got a better lather than previous shaves, hard to tell yet if any negatives are from the soap or my technique! But now you mention it some of the other soaps i have do seam slicker.

Yeah it is a favourite of mine scent wise. I used a little more water this time and got a better lather than previous shaves, hard to tell yet if any negatives are from the soap or my technique! But now you mention it some of the other soaps i have do seam slicker.
I have, on occasion, mixed it with another cream/soap to improve the lather, but generally I do just try to add more water.

Razor: futur clone (3)
Blade: feather (3)
Brush: silver tip whipped dog
Soap: (it's a secret)

Real talk guys, loving the futur clone!
At 3 it's super comfortable and gets good n close, it may be my imagination but I think it (or my technique with it) is abit harsh on blades as I noted I could feel the blade a little and this is only the third shave, I may just take the position of 3 and done as many do and not risk a bad shave, I do have a few blades in reserve after all :)

KmaXU9q.jpg

La Toja Pre
M&F L7
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Barrister & Mann Dickens
L'Occitane Cedrat Aftershave Balm
Barrister & Mann Dickens Aftershave
Houbigant Cologne Intense EDP

Welcome cherry & lemon notes, two passes, enjoy the day Gents :pompous:

1498081120.9837.jpg

TF custom w/ Quinn MW knot
Jabonman brisa soap and balm
General w/ feather pro guard (4)
Boss night edt

Hey Korbz, where did you get the eufros after shave balm from? I did some googling but no joy. (Will need something when my Seacret ASB runs out. :) )
Manuel (jabonman) only operates via email orders from Spain. His sops and balms are easy top 3 if not 1 for me. The balms last a looong time as they are so thin.

Shower
Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (17)
Tim's Greek Peach
Omega 48
Bulldog ASB

Wet day here in Perth. 3 pass BBS. This blade, with some palm stropping, now requires a bit more effort to push through the stubble ATG but due to the low available angle, I appear to still be able to achieve good results without actually bearing down on the skin. I had no damage whatsoever and a very good shave. I'm going to run a bit of an experiment to see how much longer the blade will go like this...

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 22 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue Special Edition 2012 Badger/Boar knot 24/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Stirling Island Man
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Schick Proline P-30 #8
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lemon' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

I really enjoy the Stirling Island Man shaving soap the color of the soap is light blue when you open the lid and the scent smell soft sweet and relax on my nose, not too sweet that you might hate it straight away and it does smell very similar to Palmolive Classic European shave stick with a mixture of Bay Rum together. I can only smell the bergamot, lime, mandarin, ginger, sugarcane, musk, and rum, this Stirling Island Man shaving soap is worth it to have this in your den.

Thursday 22 June 2017

dLMF1ytITAJKhbyzpfLjZvJRqac2ZKUQZ5VcZ-ykxOp2AGIvT5VjBqH1-sGVm66GU7I1Tb4CtNaOjWN86ZzFATXxnZeob3eUew=w1920-h1080-no

How the Ugly Duckling Became a Beautiful Swan

Last month, in a forum about shaving, have been published a series of very negative comments about Mastro Livi razors and quality. It has evidently been a deliberate act of bashing without proving a word of what these persons were saying. I do not want to talk about this here: those who want to know more can read Mastro Livi's response in his website. I want to talk about this fabulous and beautiful straight razor instead. Let me say this is the straight razor the former owner was complaining about in this shaving forum and returned it to Mastro Livi and asked him to discard it. The razor was severely damaged by an improper and very bad honing. Mastro Livi reground it, fixed the bad geometry this person caused with his very unskilled honing skill and gave this razor a new life. Because of the regrinding, the razor has now an extra full hollow ground - this makes it quite a great singer - the blade is unavoidably a little shorter than the original one, it is however a fabulous shave. This razor, before Mastro Livi fixed it, was a Club Razor 2016 and the former owner deliberately destroyed it and then tried to blame Mastro Livi for that. He returned it to Mastro Livi and asked him to discard the razor. Mastro Livi magnificently repaired it and - as he did not think selling this razor would have been honest because it is a used razor - he gave it to me. And I am very very happy - and proud - to own this beautiful masterpiece. Welcome to my collection, beautiful and singing swan! Forget about the ugly duckling you were and how the former owner badly mistreated you and reduced you in that shameful condition!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Almond Oil Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mühle Modern 281 H 23, Fine Badger, Pine - 21 mm - Size M
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grey CarboInox, 13/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point, Green Poplar
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus

Guys. Forgive me, for I have sinned :nailbiting: I tried a cart for today's shave. But don't worry, still didn't enjoy it. It's definitely not terrible with my improved technique over time, but still does not touch a hair (pun intended) to a DE. Sorry for no brush in pic! Promise it'll be in the next one
Razor: Dollar Shave club 4 blade cart
Brush: Shavemac 24mm 2 band Silvertip
Soap: APR Bay City
AS: APR Bay City
s1UkCHL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.