Status
Not open for further replies.
0DF20424-80A7-474C-9889-EB962BC6C094_zpsc9n04yku.jpg

Pre: Washpool Farm Facial Cleansing soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Scrub: Penhaligon's 33
Soap: Reef Point Dragon's Blood
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (2)
A/S: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Second outing with contents of the box. I am deliberating choosing products I've not tried before but have interested me.
The Penhaligon's scrub had the feel and scent befitting of a top quality product.
It was an effortless three pass shave - good quality lather and performance from the Reef Point soap, and a very exotic scent.
The Clubman special reserve aftershave is very different to original Clubman - the special reserve is a darker woods/musk affair, with surprising good staying power for an aftershave. The scent grew on me during the dry down; definitely something I would consider again.

You can read reviews of the products here - Paste & Cut Travelling Box #4B - Reviews and Comments

Last edited:
iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 26 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Cream/Soap: - Stirling Island Man 3x
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Schick Proline P-30 #10
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Rose Petal' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

giphy.gif

That's the end of the Schick Proline P-30 SE blade life with a total maximum of 10 shaves with the Colonial General razor and my stubble, I was hoping the Schick Proline SE blade could reach up to a maximum of 20 shaves.

giphy.gif

WOW!! I'm totally shocked.

My next shave with a new blade with the Colonial General will be the Feather Pro and after that.....the next blade will be the Feather Pro Super.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Thater 4125/3 2 Band
Soap: L&L Grooming 'After The Rain'
Razor: Hayashi Diamond 6/8"
Strop: Kanayama
Post-shave: Myrsol Plastic Shave

A new tub of L&L makes me very happy. This scent isn't petrichor at all - it's fresh, more like a less citrus P&B Albion, but far more nuanced and complex. I love it. The lather is truly outstanding and IMHO L&L makes the best soap out there at the moment. 2 passes to BBS with a freshly honed Hayashi.

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Myrsol Aqua Balsamica
Aftershave Balm: N/A
Cologne: N/A

I really don't know what is going on lately - another rubbish shave, nicks and weepers everywhere. Maybe my brain has switched off since I'm on leave this week but gee whiz...

The lather was there from the D R Harris and the Myrsol provided a nice finish - I'm the problem here folks :cry:

I really don't know what is going on lately - another rubbish shave, nicks and weepers everywhere. Maybe my brain has switched off since I'm on leave this week but gee whiz...

The lather was there from the D R Harris and the Myrsol provided a nice finish - I'm the problem here folks :cry:
Same setup with Mike's should do the trick...

YES! I blame @todras :)

Nah, it was not the tools, it was/is the 'tradesman'

Anyway, I have no Mike's in the drawer at present :eek:
What are you still doing here and not on the Mike's page :bored:

Slice and dice day!
Razor: Slim(7)
Blade: Personna(2)
Soap: Razorock
I don't like the scent of the Razorock. Italian soaps aren't a winner with me so far. No photos today. Too disgusted with the post massacre clean up.
Maybe I should stick to something safe like my straight razors. :LOL:

Last edited:
Can it open?

Despite what some will claim - a definite NO!!!!!!!

You will alter the spring tension and end up with a pretty piece of shave jewelery.

There was an earlier type "E" E1 ? that could be opened but apart from a purpose designed leaver action model in the 1960's they are a closed head. Just the head, but nowhere near the handle, in hot water and a mild antiseptic will keep a Schick clean.

The "G" is a fabulous razor - agree with you 100%

Pre-shave: Velvet soap
Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (22)
C&E West Indian Limes soap
Proraso brush
Bulldog ASB

3 pass DFS+ today. Blade is noticeably less efficient now but I am adjusting OK. Palm stropping makes it OK although I don't think it will be long now before I ditch this blade - I am missing the effortless efficiency of those early shaves despite the fact it is more likely to bite me.

OK then. So shave #2 went a bit smoother, I tossed in the Astra blade and while it was the teensient bit 'grabby nowhere near as much as the Merkur blade yesterday. The shave came out mostly pretty smooth except around the mouth parts and upper lip (which I put down to lack of experience?) and my neck got an extra 2-3 passes. As I said yesterday I'm not game enough just yet to put too much pressure on the razor so maybe that's an issue I'll need to pay attention to at some point..

3SCe8AZb.jpg

And that's about the extent of my gear ATM. I only have the one razor and some more Squadron soap in the mail so not much point is posting more pics until I expand things a bit.

@Mark1966 - I get these days, too. Everything seems fine; you may even be using your old favourites, but for some reason, you don't get a decent shave. Then there are other times where you are on an absolute belter of a run, and you feel as though you could get a BBS from a butter knife.....

052f7fdf42.png

Pre: hot wash
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Silvertip 21mm
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Razor: Schick Injector I1 (late 50s)
Blade: Supply (1)

Injector is very smooth and finding the right angle took sometime as I tended to ride the cap for some strange reason. Very smooth and I always hear great things about SEs and this reinforced it. Very smooth and very enjoyable yet a mild razor. Very hard to nick yourself with this one.
Also helped along by the Imperial Rum which was very slick. Although a thirsty soap, which produced a lather straight away but you have to give it more water to last the shave out.
Post shave was good but felt more moisturiser was needed to reduce the drying skin feel.
Scent was warming and very pleasant with the bay being the main and then the allspice and citrus being the second base, lingering.
Once I work out the face lathering hydration technique for this one I'll run it through winter side by side with my B&Ms Rhapsody.. for now.
Nice photo, Rusty.

Despite what some will claim - a definite NO!!!!!!!

You will alter the spring tension and end up with a pretty piece of shave jewelery.

There was an earlier type "E" E1 ? that could be opened but apart from a purpose designed leaver action model in the 1960's they are a closed head. Just the head, but nowhere near the handle, in hot water and a mild antiseptic will keep a Schick clean.

The "G" is a fabulous razor - agree with you 100%

Thanks for the advice. I was going to force it open tonight. I'd be miffed if I broke it after one brilliant shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.