Not open for further replies.
fcP253c.jpg

Happy Saturday!!

Razor: Maggard MR17
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Soap: Dr Jon's Conquest
Aftershave: Dr Jon's Conquest.

I get OSP (The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist) and P&B (Phoenix & Beau) and even L&L (L&L Grooming) and I have had or have them but WK and T&S?

Funny thing is that I thought OSP was underwhelming, P&B I love and L&L is great too
Wholly Kaw, Tallow and Steel

Enough initialisms to shake a stick at...

Yeah, OSP wasn't/isn't in my top tier, but can get some really great shaves out of it all the same (and enjoy the scent).

yep, La toja is hardly beatable on its range. I've been using it as my solely soap for a bit more than 20 years until I started to dig on wet shaving forums and to ruin my bank account, less than a year ago. And is the proof of how much cheap can be a nice shave. I pay 2 Euro for 2 sticks (available everywhere in Spain) two and a half years ago and if used with mesure, avoiding making each time lather for all the neighbourhood, it last a lot!.

I try to find some soap in stick on australian supermakerts like wollies or coles with no luck. Does Aussies doesn't like sticks much?

Before I joined wet shaving forums I shaved with the Aussie Palmolive / Mennen Shave Stick for 20 years. I could make one stick last a very long time with my Body Shop brush. It did a perfectly reasonable job but curiousity has gotten the better of me lately about what else might be out there...

Now I have a lot of soap to work through so my frugal instincts have been cast aside and my sticks aren't lasting anywhere near as long as they used to. I am also using bigger and better brushes like my Omega 48 - lather is flying everywhere - it's great!

2 pass shave tonight as everything was just so good. Blade was sharp and smooth brush was great and the soap did the job.
Soap - one of my home brews
Brush - Omega 25mm Boar
Razor - ZY Chinese cheapie

I'm resisting looking at the ZY's. How long does it keep it's edge for?

20157237_1623278681017897_3482824445279669133_o.jpg

Orange!

Brush: Vie-Long, horse/badger
Soap: B&M, Seville
Razor: ER, 1924 (Streamline handle)
Blade: Gem SS (fresh)

Loving the lather this morning, good strong scent!
The 1924 is more efficient than I remembered, it requires a very light touch (lighter than I started with). After a couple of small weepers on the first pass, probably not helped by the heavier handle, all was well, left the ATG under the nose.
In shaving poker a "no nicks" beats a "BBS", don't you think?

Have a great Sunday

With 12 blades! Maybe that's where Gillette got the idea.
20155656_1623281734350925_2574766259872168119_n.jpg

I looked at it with a 10x loupe and it looks straight. One side same as other but on setting "1" it seems to be about the same as a fatboy on "4". I have read somewhere that it is more aggressive, and one particular person had a similar problem. May be it just takes some time to get used to?? Obviously as well I am doing this by sight so I could be wrong as well!
From what I recall and I may be wrong here but I remember reading that the adjustables should have all had the same blade gaps but the head geomitry made the difference.
I'm not sure how one disassembles a toggle however.

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming TSM Fougere shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender
Aftershave Balm: N/A
Cologne: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender

Well it is another fresh winter morning here in the nation's capital - somebody mentioned L&L which was enough reason to grab it from the drawer. It is nice to have a drawer to reach into where every soap there is a winner!

I couldn't think of what to pair it with and while this is not a 'set' with the Chatillon Lux they do projects together so that was my connection!

Happy Sunday guys

Uo1v2yv.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre
Morris & Forndran 3xl 30mm
Mergress
Feather
L&L + Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère Salve
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Sylva EDT

Finished formulating 'Coeur de Vert' yesterday, this mornings shave really brings it home :)

ylOBalM.jpg

Pre: Warmed Coconut Oil
Soap: Orange & Ylang Ylang
Brush: Old Badger
Razor: Heljestrand

Made up another puck of soap last night. Tallow, olive oil, stearic, Apricot kernel, and Coconut oil.
Took on loads of water lathering and was very creamy. I forgot to put in the clay and found I was missing that.
I can only tolerate Ylang Ylang in small bursts so I wouldn't use this daily but I think it's going to be nice to include in the rotation.
The Heljestrand makes light work of a shave. Just easy to get along with.

simple Sunday shave today using the rockwell 6s on 4 and shaver heaven 1st anniversary soap on the soc boar. also gave a 7 0 clock black a run and found it a surprisingly good blade. no post shave products but dont need them it was so good a shave all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.