Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
6j0ctOs.jpg

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 20 July 2017 is 5:05am in West of London and I couldn't sleep too much going on inside my own head :oops::cautious::shifty::shy:

Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synthetic 26/63mm
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme EDT

Yesterday I've bought 3 Wilkinson Sword shave sticks european version from a local chemist store in London for £1.25 each and 1 plastic round tub 250ml size with a screw lid for 40p, I've grated all three sticks into a tub ready for shaving this is a tallow & coconut oil with glycerine and lanolin which smell very classic type scent for a light blue colour soap. The Wilkinson Sword shaving soap is not too bad for some reason it seem to dry out my skin pretty quick against Palmolive Classic shave stick (strange), the lather is very slick, cushy and it doesn't soak up a lot of water which is perfect.................Chow!!

Last edited:
aShSYBz.jpg

Chatillon Lux Preshave
Simpson CH2
Above the Tie Colossus R1
Feather
Saponifico Varesino Stella Alpina
Saponifico Varesino Stella Alpina Aftershave Balm
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Salve
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Aftershave

Which container do you use for SV soaps? Do they fit whole or you grate them?

Razor: Gillette Fat Boy (5)
Blade(s): Feather (3)
Brush: TF Lava Demon 26mm
Soap/Cream: APR Winterfell

Second time with the new brush and still trying to sort out the best way to get a good lather. Time I suppose.

The Fat Boy was set back to "5" over yesterday's "6" due to the Feather blade and I am glad I did not stay on "6"

Apart from a mistake on my part and shaving over yesterdays adams apple nick I was pretty happy. APR Winterfell scent for the soap today and EDP afters put me in a good frame of mind for work!

Rockwell 6S on R3
PolAg (2)
RR Bruce synth
SH Gone Grapefruit
Anherb milk (I've always called it a balm but it's definitely a milk as it's quite thin and similar to the DR Harris milks).

Really nice shave today. The grapefruit is tart, bright and refreshing!

BBS but with a little extra effort which i find i need if I'm using a veggie soap.

Pre: Hot towel
Soap: Wickhams SS Bay Rum
Brush: SOC Boar
Razor: Gillette New
Blade: Feather (2)

My Semogue Owners Club brush arrived from Portugal today, so I was keen to lather up and start the break in process. Feather blades in the New don't work for me. My second shave on this blade and my neck doesn't like it.​

Pre: Hot towel
Soap: Wickhams SS Bay Rum
Brush: SOC Boar
Razor: Gillette New
Blade: Feather (2)

My Semogue Owners Club brush arrived from Portugal today, so I was keen to lather up and start the break in process. Feather blades in the New don't work for me. My second shave on this blade and my neck doesn't like it.​
Same here, used a Feather in a New LC and it kept biting me. :rage: After the second time I changed to a Wilkinson Sword blade and it was better. Not ideal but was new to this style of head so next rotation my bettering technique should help.

Reserving Feathers for modern razors now that bind the blade as close to the leading edge as possible.

Like to know if a blade change would make a difference for you?

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade:
Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (11)
Brush:
Shavemac Americana DO1
Soap/Cream: Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Un côtelette de porc splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Un côtelette de porc balm
Cologne: N/A

Ahhh, great way to end the working week!

20157703_1628801387132293_5214608741574462816_o.jpg

Brush: hjm, boar
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Sandalwood
Razor: Ever Ready, Streamline
Blade: Gem, SS

Hot towels, first brush, great soap, fantastic razor, lovely, old school, APR.
Ahh, ready for a nice cup of tea on a day off​

Which container do you use for SV soaps? Do they fit whole or you grate them?

That's a container from TSW, I used to grate them to fit. Con has the SV wooden soap containers now so for the newer ones I order those as they fit right in.

Same here, used a Feather in a New LC and it kept biting me. :rage: After the second time I changed to a Wilkinson Sword blade and it was better. Not ideal but was new to this style of head so next rotation my bettering technique should help.

Reserving Feathers for modern razors now that bind the blade as close to the leading edge as possible.

Like to know if a blade change would make a difference for you?

Yeah I think your right. I've used Astra SP's in the New previously and haven't had an issue - but the Feathers feel like I'm shaving my neck with a cheese grater :nailbiting:

But I do like them in my Merkur 34C - they work well in that!

They are beautiful in the flesh too, they come with a removable rubber mat so you drop the SV puck in the bottom (in the plastic holder it comes in) and the puck does not slip. The plastic cup also protects the wood. I plan to order a couple more of the wooden containers, they are very, very well made and look great in the den.

Status
Not open for further replies.