Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
img_0089-jpg.812224
Hey, @extinctary. The image didn't work.

Razor: Gillette Toggle D1
Blade(s): Feather (1)
Brush: TF Lava Demon 26mm
Soap/Cream: AP Reserve "Mycroft"

Decided I had plenty of time this afternoon so unshackled the Toggle and loaded up a new Feather blade. Plenty of slick goodness with the AP Reserve "Mycroft" and I slowly let the toggle do it's thing. Whether it was from yesterday's shave (which was a three pass feather) or today's shave, I did get a number of weepers but no cuts. My top lip seems to be feeling it now, but nice and close nonetheless. I consider that a successful outing with the toggle!

W8gZ0rN.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Razorock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A perfect shave to start the weekend - I am enjoying the Baby Smooth more and more, it is a hassle free, yet very efficient razor. The Paladin is one of my absolute favourite brushes and it produced some stellar Mike's lather.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)(y)(y)

I "had" six days growth and at my age it is no longer trendy. Think homeless, unwanted and a bit scary - well significantly scary.
One pass - one single pass with my trusty German full hollow.
Brush - Boar
Soap - A super saturated Lemon Myrtle
Razor - German Fischer.
After - Macadamia nut oil with Lemon Myrtle.

As close to a BBS as possible with a single pass.

ACb0PLA.jpg

NECK SHAVE

Razor:
Rockwell 6S (#5)
Blade: Timor (1 and only)
Soap: AP Reserve - Suitably Attired Australian
Brush: The Stray Whisker 452, 28mm synthetic

I don't normally shave on weekends, or at night, but the wife gave me a haircut so what better excuse to test two of my new purchases than with a neck shave (the haircut machine clipper thing just doesn't cut close enough).

I keep my poor performing blades aside for shaving the back of my neck - Timor got a run today (they're probably the worst blade that I have ever used).

Progress long handle
Feather (2 and out)
RR Bruce synth
SV Dolomiti
Nivea Splash

My skin just didn't get along with feathers. The sharpness is lovely and just wipes the stubble away but later in the day, my skin feels "weird"!!

Just re-affirms how perfect the PolAg is for me!!

20748112_1652762518069513_1920200640486681687_o.jpg

Brush: hjm boar
Soap: Squadron, Spitfire
Razor: Ever Ready, 1912
Blade: Gem SS

The soap, brush and I made some fantastic lather this morning, I like to think it's usually pretty good but some days it's just better.
Three trouble free passes with the classic 1912 and finished with the great Scramble aftershave.

Have a great Sunday​

Progress long handle
Feather (2 and out)
RR Bruce synth
SV Dolomiti
Nivea Splash

My skin just didn't get along with feathers. The sharpness is lovely and just wipes the stubble away but later in the day, my skin feels "weird"!!

I'm exactly the opposite, love my feathers

Razor: Vintage Darwin Standard
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba
Aftershave Splash: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano Lozione dopo Barba

Classic Italian goodness. Thinking of @Draco Noir

Hope the meet up goes well today guys

Progress long handle
Feather (2 and out)
RR Bruce synth
SV Dolomiti
Nivea Splash

I get a similar problem on multiple passes only (usually the third), but they are so sharp!

Qnyyg7X.jpg

La Toja Pre
TSW 2B
Timeless
Feather
Barristers Reserve SPiCE
Barristers Reserve SPiCE Aftershave

Boarded an 8am departing flight unshaven, which was quite frankly disgraceful. Ran into Lord @alfredus at the airport who was outward bound for Melbourne. A big weekend all round.​

I felt like a spring scent to go with the warmer morning and Rhapsody delivers magnificently.

With the weather for Sydney 22-26 all this week, I'm grabbing the chance for an early week of spring fragrances :)

I'm exactly the opposite, love my feathers

I love them during the shave due to their efficiency but my skin hates them due to the discomfort later in the day.

I wish i could use them but it's just not worth it when I'm getting the same quality shave with total comfort from the PolAg and it takes me just a couple of extra swipes here and there.

Date: 13 August 2017 is nearly 6:45am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synthetic 26/63mm
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #2
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme EDT

Progress long handle
PolAg (1)
RR Bruce synth
MWF
Nivea Splash

Having used boar brushes for nearly ten years, I'm used to adding drops of water at a time while face lathering so as not to destroy the lather.

Today, i trialled adding much more water per dip of the synth brush and there was zero issues! The lather whipped up so fast and i was done on half the time i usually take.

I'm really enjoying experimenting with the synth and am learning more about how to adapt it to my usage.

Result was an exceptional BBS!!

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus

Soap: Squadron Soaps Spitfire
Razor: ATT Kronos R2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Sword Super Silver (2)

After the surgical exfoliation of my facial epidermis courtesy of the H2 plate, I eased back to the R2 plate. Still a lot of blade feel, but much more comfortable and limited irritation. Another very close shave.
The Squadron Spitfire soap was a pleasure to use, as was the excellent and very affordable Bulgarian balm Argo Neo Gold.

Razor: Vintage Darwin Standard
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: le Père Lucien shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Secret splash sample 'L'

Wanted a plain base to try this splash sample on. The sample was very nice face feel and lovely moisturising properties. The scent, 'Christmas' according to my wife and I'd have to agree,

Status
Not open for further replies.