Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage Darwin Standard
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (5)
Brush: Shavemac Americana DO1
Soap/Cream: le Père Lucien shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Secret splash sample 'C'

Green does not come close to describing this sample - hmmm, yummy

CNdAXeH.jpg

Chatillon Lux Preshave Butter
Paladin Lotus
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Martin de Candre
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Salve
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square EDT

13CC87FD-57A4-43B9-9FF8-533742E8627F_zpsupakhugu.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut oil
Soap: The Warden
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Gillette Slim (settings 7 then 9 for subsequent passes)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)

Like @Mark1966 said 'so good to be home'. Spent a very busy week working within 10 minute walk of the beach but never saw it. :( Could hear the surf and smell it from the motel and conference centre. Came home to a couple of packages. One shaving bowl from Jase's Mum. Very happy with this bowl @Jase . Internal dimensions @ 110x40 and quite light. Was fantastic for lathering. I pressed the soap into the bowl base and lathered from there. The dimples in the bowl assist lathering and act as a soap reserve as well. The bowl floated in the basin whilst I was shaving and kept the lather warm (I've been spoilt by the HG scuttle and like a warm lather). So if anyone was thinking about purchasing that 3rd bowl from Jase I can recommend it. I'm going to enjoy using mine.
The Warden is very nice to use and will be a happy addition to the soap line up. Unfortunately it is guilty by association. When I was young I came across Imperial Leather soap and was impressed at the time. A relative worked for a while at Cusson's and threw a few cans of Imperial Leather shaving cream my way. This stuff turned me off the scent for some time. I think I've still got a can of it kicking around the shed. I was worried I wouldn't tolerate the similarities but I found The Warden soap very pleasant to use.
So all in all this was an excellent combo this morning. I was having so much fun I continued doing a couple of tidy up passes until a couple of weepers reminded me it was a good time to finish. I was surprised at how mild but efficient the Nacet was at setting nine. I could almost be careless but achieved a really smooth shave. Nice start to a Saturday.:)

Just finishing the trials of the B&M Reserve splash

Pre: warm water
shavette: the bluebeards revenge with new Astra green
razor: Merkur 42c with new Astra green
soap: B&M Sandalwood
brush: FS mixt
after-balm: TSW
splash: B&M reserve spice

8ZMcSC0.jpg

So far, that's the splash I liked the most from the three released on the reserve series, but maybe the 'reserve cool' performed better on my skin. I still have for a couple of trials of both.

2d9xyds.jpg

Shave for week ending 18 August 2017

Pre: jojoba/castor oil mix
Razor: Rockwell 6S #5
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (1-5)
Brush: TSW 452, 28mm synthetic
Soap: Squadron Soap - The Warden

I don't find myself with enough time to post daily SOTD's (if I am to include pictures anyway). Instead, since I normally use a single setup/product combo for a week, I'll try for a 'Shave of the Week' each Saturday.

This week I used The Warden, soap and AS, with my new TSW synthetic (and my tried and true pre/razor/blade combo). Keep en eye out for a text review of each product in the relevant section of the forum.

Date: 19 August 2017 is nearly 7am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synth. 26/63mm knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #5
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Rockwell R4
PolAg (3)
Evershave "quarter moon" synth
MWF
Nivea splash

Lovely shave but i think the R4 is a bit much on consecutivev days for my sensitive skin, even though the shave result is better. I think to keep my skin happy, the R3 will have to be my daily setting.

I love the evershave brushes! The quarter moon is a proper fan shape knot and it's brilliant!!

@nav1 what size knot and loft height please ;)

Edit:- can you also post a picture please

Knot is 25mm and loft is 55mm (standard is 57mm). It's truly wonderful but I'm not sure he posts outside the US yet... i got mine through a friend.

21013918_1659807980698300_6075137442714149989_o.jpg

Brush: hjm boar
Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
Razor: Ever Ready, 1914
Blade: Gem SS

A great close shave with the 1914. This aggressive little razor can give a great close shave, it can also give a nick and a weeper but not today!
I love the scent of the B&M, I should really get the aftershave. Finished up with the witch hazel and Niveas, used both as I'm feeling old and wrinkly this morning. The Nivea gives a great face feel at a great price.

Have a great day

Razor: Vintage Darwin Standard
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: le Père Lucien shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Secret splash sample 'F'

Fresh, bold, confident - wow, was a spring/summer splash this is. Impressive!

If5Obux.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre-Shave Butter
Klenzo b985 romera
Fatboy
Feather
Eufros Rosas
Chatillon Lux Rose Santal Salve
Chatillon Lux Rose Santal Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Rose Santal EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.