Status
Not open for further replies.
1D47EC9D-C0FA-4053-8F91-0D06DA914634_zpsndo2eqt0.jpg

Soap: Pb Pimento Kaolin Silk
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Merkur 30C
Blade: Feather (2)

Razor: Vintage Darwin Standard
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann '42' shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Barrister & Mann '42' splash
Cologne: Barrister & Mann '42' EDT

DON'T PANIC!

It is just Monday ...

I've got good and bad today, currently I'm sitting for needles 2.0 but it's going well and I have lodge tonight yay which means I have a chance to use my Masonic Ever-Ready

Edit: my hope for the day is that the collector will be able to draw the blood without collapsing the vein, high hopes today boys :)
All the best! I'll post my shave befor I head out tonight :)

Last edited:

Razor: Colonial General with Windrose handle
Blade: Feather Pro (6)
Soap: Razor Master Toivo
Brush: TF Amber and Ash Synthetic
Post: Alum + APR Pork Chop AS + Bottega-Veneta Pour Homme Extreme EdP

Thoughts...
- Love this combo. Just outstanding BBS from 2 days growth in three easy passes. The Toivo Pine Tar scent is brilliant and if you grew up on the soaps that use it you'll be in reminiscing heaven.
- Yes, the tub I put the soap puck in is ugly. I am waiting on some nice ones to come but couldn't not use this now so it had to do.

Last edited:
Date: 21 August 2017 is nearly 6:25am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50
Blade: - Feather Hi-Stainless #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme EDT

WOW!! Didn't realised the Feather blade cut like pure butter with the Gillette Ball Tech with only 2 pass shave WTG & XTG like magic :eek:.......I've been so bloody blind and I should've got a Ball Tech 3 years ago when I started wet shaving :oops:

fbN1eKC.gif

Last edited:
Date: 21 August 2017 is nearly 6:25am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50
Blade: - Feather Hi-Stainless #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme EDT

WOW!! Didn't realised the Feather blade cut like pure butter with the Gillette Ball Tech with only 2 pass shave WTG & XTG like magic :eek:.......I've been so bloody blind and I should've got a Ball Tech 3 years ago when I started wet shaving :oops:

fbN1eKC.gif
Cool send me ur toggle.
:)

Razor: Masonic Ever-Ready 1914
Soap: Cella
Blade: Gem SS (new)
Brush: 24mm whipped dog silver tip
Frag: CK be

Nice, Fresh n ready to meet up with my mentor prior to lodge :) lovely night of beers n festivity to follow.

Razor: Fat Boy (5)
Blade(s): Polsilver (1)
Brush: TF Lava Demon 26mm
Soap/Cream: SS "Group Captains Blend"

I hate to say it as there are so many good soaps I have purchased lately, but Group Captains Blend is an absolute winner in my book. The scent is heavenly .. it is nice and slick and lathers really well. The only downside is that I cannot get the consistency I would really like, but that is my fault, not the fault of the soap.

If you like old fashioned smell of "baccy" then you need this!

@Errol The worst shave I've had in years and it wasn't the first time I've used this combination. Back to the drawing boards on technique for this lad

Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Kai
Brush: Puro Tasso
Soap: Mondial Lime & Lavender
After Shave: Malizia Uomo

I’ve been over that Sunday shave 50 times in my head and worked out that the cuts to my neck were a combination of factors. Father Time is starting to catch up with me and my skin is not as supple as it once was. I remember that the shave was great on the up strokes on my neck and it was only with the strokes across the neck that everything went haywire. Instead of gliding over the surface, the razor was pulling a flap of skin in front of it and then this flap would spring under the razor and take off that piece of skin. Once I’ve worked out the cause, the change in technique is simple; no more across the neck, up and down only in future.

I never changed one ingredient for this morning’s shave to check if my assumption was correct. For my sake, I’m glad to report that the changes worked and now it’s another great shave under my belt. A couple of minor weepers disturbed from Sunday’s efforts.

Razor: Fat Boy (5)
Blade(s): Polsilver (2)
Brush: TF Lava Demon 26mm
Soap/Cream: SS "Scramble"

I decided it is Squadron Soaps week for me this week. Going to go through each one I have. Today was "Scramble" and I think I hit that lathering lather point where not too wet not too dry. Wonderful lather that dried just a smidge towards the end. "Scramble" has never been a favourite but the scent is changing slightly and I think it is growing on me (or maybe my nose is detecting the other more subtle scents?).

Status
Not open for further replies.