Mining Camp shave.

P7KUXF5.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Timeless 0.68 Scalloped H4 SS kindly loaned by @Korbz
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

First shave with the Timeless, which @Korbz has kindly loaned and what a BEAUTIFUL piece of hardware it is. Thoughts about the actual shave a bit further down the track.

This Paladin is very very close to my heart, as it was my first decent badger brush - and I still love it. It is not only pretty as a picture, it produces very effortlessly some amazing Mystic Water lather.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Razor: RFB new LC
Soap: Cella
Brush: 24mm silvertip
Blade: Feather (2)

I love this razor!
I can't say I've ever had a gold razor and this is a great way to start.
Cella... oh cella... performs so well but the scent.. such a non descript, fake, sad scent in my opinion but darn the lather is good.

Rockwell R3 w/Ikon bulldog handle
PolAg
Evershave quarter moon synth
MWF
Nivea splash

This is the kit I've packed for my few months of travel. Probably not much point posting the same kit on the SOTD but it's working really well for me.

L0C7ovf.jpg

La Toja Preshave
Boots Manchurian
Gillette Slim
Feather
Mystic Water Ginger Pear
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Salve
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDT

Razor: Fat Boy (5)
Blade(s): Polsilver (3) and last
Brush: TF Lava Demon 26mm
Soap/Cream: SS "The Warden"

"The Warden" greeted me this morning and a very nice scent it is. Unlike "Group Captains Blend" neither "Scramble" or "The Warden" seem to stay with me long after shaving.A lather that started off a little on the wet side but by the third pass was just right. One weeper but no biggie .. a great shave.

97DBA622-ADEF-438B-B0DB-153F46C19025_zpsqlumrzgs.jpg

Pre: Shower
Soap: APR Alfredus Choice
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Colonial General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro Super (6)

The APR soap lathers very quickly and efficiently in this bowl and is just beautiful to use.

Razor: Colonial General with Windrose handle
Blade: Feather Pro (7)
Soap: Razor Master Juha
Brush: TF Amber and Ash Synthetic
Post: Pinaud Special Reserve AS & Kenneth Cole Mankind EdT

Thoughts...
- Razor Master soaps are divine. If you haven't bit the bullet please do so from either English Shaving or Gifts & Care. I would never have tried them if not for @Mark1966's oustanding box and now I'm hooked. The scent on this one is a woody Perkins Paste. Mmmmm.
- And yes, it's nop notch cushion, glide & slickness. The Colonial sings with it.

Razor: Colonial General with Windrose handle
Blade: Feather Pro (7)
Soap: Razor Master Juha
Brush: TF Amber and Ash Synthetic
Post: Pinaud Special Reserve AS & Kenneth Cole Mankind EdT

Thoughts...
- Razor Master soaps are divine. If you haven't bit the bullet please do so from either English Shaving or Gifts & Care. I would never have tried them if not for @Mark1966's oustanding box and now I'm hooked. The scent on this one is a woody Perkins Paste. Mmmmm.
- And yes, it's nop notch cushion, glide & slickness. The Colonial sings with it.

Anyone who uses Clubman Special Reserve is a VERY classy gent with great taste too :)

Razor: Ball end tech
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: whipped dog silver tip

Honestly the performance of this shave is second to none in terms of performance but some of these items all lack that X factor (bar the blade and balm).

Razor: Ball end tech
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: whipped dog silver tip

Honestly the performance of this shave is second to none in terms of performance but some of these items all lack that X factor (bar the blade and balm).
You're not a fan of Cella? It's on my list of things to try.

You're not a fan of Cella? It's on my list of things to try.
I love the performance of it.. but the scent is so strong but so sub par compared to what we have all become used to, I find it too sweet and fake.
That said, the scent dosnt last beyond the shave and it's a cheap soap so I'd recommend giving it a try but I couldn't bring myself to buy the 1Kg...
but of the soft Italian soaps it's the best IMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.