Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really glad I got his details from you...his soaps smell really great & they give out loads of lather. The next ones on my wish list (aside from the upcoming APR releases) would be the ones from Luna that you also recommended (y)

Oh you will love Elena/Luna's soap. The same kind/form of soap composition, but different fragrances and lather to a degree. Both make really, really good artisan soaps in my book :)

Not muy time to enter here lately (better after friday). I have been lately going back to vegans after trying byLuna. It is certainly quite weel above other vegans I have, but today I went back to tallow. Not as hot in the afternoon as in the morning, so I move onto Coeur de Vert. This warm rainiy afternoon looks great for it:

Razor: merkur 42c + maggard handle
blade: Gillette 7O'Clock SP (3)
brush: yaqi sacred family
soap: APR CdV
splash: APR CdV
EdP: APR CdV (just a little bit as someone is coming along later, but it would have been more than enough withe scent of the splash)

hHGust8.jpg

I made a review of wolfpack italian orchard for a spanish shaving forum the other day (that I may bring here along the weekend). Coer de Vert is next!

Date: 15 November 2017 "SOTN"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist 2x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Grande Open Comb
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #2
Post: - Speick Aftershave Lotion / L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm with Birch Sap

Phoenix & Beau Whitechapel
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Delta Echo Fatboy
Nacet
APR Winterfell Splash
APR Winterfell EdP

Heavy load and tonnes of slick, gorgeous smelling perfect lather. Fatboy was on a 3 with a new Nacet. I could have hacked away all day and not done any damage. The rich, unctuous, APR Winterfell Chypre giving me a big Autumnal hug to finish.
Smooth, irritation free, smelling great. I can’t ask for any more.
Better than embalming fluid mate ;)

3c78e5fde5.png

Pre: hot wash
Brush: Plissonese
Soap: B&M Rhapsody
Razor: Guerrilla w Ti Russian 14mm
Blade: Nacet (3)
A/S: B&M Rhapsody

New handle that balanced the Guerrilla head out well with a similar weight as the original 16mm handle. Pineapple knurling has the most grip I've ever felt. Tempted to get a custom order similar at 18x85mm so nice to hold.

Gugg8Rc.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre Shave
Morris & Forndran 3XL
Wolfman Guerilla/UFO GOLiATH
Gillette Nacet
B&M Rhapsody
Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget Salve
B&M Rhapsody Aftershave

Beside the aesthetics (which are awesome) how is the Nacets fairing esp. considering the price point?

Not muy time to enter here lately (better after friday). I have been lately going back to vegans after trying byLuna. It is certainly quite weel above other vegans I have, but today I went back to tallow. Not as hot in the afternoon as in the morning, so I move onto Coeur de Vert. This warm rainiy afternoon looks great for it:

Razor: merkur 42c + maggard handle
blade: Gillette 7O'Clock SP (3)
brush: yaqi sacred family
soap: APR CdV
splash: APR CdV
EdP: APR CdV (just a little bit as someone is coming along later, but it would have been more than enough withe scent of the splash)

hHGust8.jpg

I made a review of wolfpack italian orchard for a spanish shaving forum the other day (that I may bring here along the weekend). Coer de Vert is next!

Please share. As I stay away from the other forums and will remain a lurcher upon them.
Also my Spanish is non existent.

Loving it, and that handle.
So holding back on the Timeless as I fear it will end my RAD... So many razors to still try :(

Pre-shave: Homebrew oils
Brush: Restored Certifyd #3
Razor: Restored Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Personna Blue
Lather: Eufros Geo
Post-shave: Rockwell AS Balm/Fine American Blend AS
Fragrance: Eternity Aqua EDT

You should out that Razor and where you got it on your SOTD. So stormtrooper :stig: (y)

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (10)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney 'Badger and Bristle' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert aftershave
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert EDP

Brisvegas today - wonder what the weather will be like? It doesn't make really - I will be the best smelling person in the room :)

37555595705_91f0c200c1_z.jpg

Soap: APR Winterfell
Brush: Omega 10019 Boar
Razor: Fatboy (7 & 9)
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (3 & binned)
Nice shave off the Fatboy. Tried Tamanu for post shave balm which is fine if you're washing off later. Leaves the face a bit sticky.

No shave today. Sixth day in a row.
... To give my skin a rest after far too many aggressive shaves.
Hopefully I'll get one in tomorrow morning.
I'm keen to try some "Acqua Di Sydney".

7s5OKuF.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Hoffriz 103
Wolfman WR1 OC
Gillette Nacet
Talbot Shaving Inchcolm
Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica Salve
AP Reserve Fresca Aftershave
AP Reserve Junos Royale EDP

Status
Not open for further replies.