Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockwell 6S (6)
Lord Racer blade (10)
Proraso Green
Omega 48
Re-lather and cold rinse

Proraso soaps were never my favourite - always felt "nice soap, could be more slick". Scents are not a big thing for me in any soap but these were fine. Going back to them this week has been something of a revelation though. Could be just the fact that I've had more practice I'm not sure. But the length of loading, pressure when loading and water content this week has just clicked for some fantastic lathers in some generous brushes. While I still don't think it's the slickest soap I've ever used, I have to say that the proof is in the pudding. This week has provided me with some of the best shaves I've ever had! I find the menth content just right for summer in this soap and the euc is always a nice touch... a 3 pass BBS and my skin feels better than when I started - just a great shave all around!

Eufros Premium - Agarwood
ABC Boar
King Pelican 32
Christian Dior La Collection Privée Leather Oud

GflWVaU.jpg

giphy.gif

Pee: war water
razor: shavette the Bluebeards revengewith gillete 7 O'Clockrecicled
brush: yaqi sagrada familia
soap: Squadron soap: The warden
splash: APR G'Day Mate

1pczQIq.jpg

Great one. I had to go against the grain with a razor. This G'Day mate is quite persistent. It is nice, I remember there was some yerba mate on it but I cannot get much more from the scent, while some of the scent layers looks familiars to me but I cannot put a name to them :)

TGLRKHg.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Fantastic shave with the Guerrilla and some glorious Mike's lather.

I hope you all had a terrific Thursday (y)

Date: 17 November 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist 3x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Artist Club Professional #15
Post: - Speick Aftershave Lotion / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (11)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney 'Badger and Bristle' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Lozione dopo Barba - Tabacco Toscano

Some days are just SMN days :)

3YD46vF.jpg

Occam's Original Pre Shave
BSB 26mm
Wolfman WR1 OC
Gillette Nacet
MLS TSM LE Agora Xyrisma Soap
MLS TSM LE Agora Xyrisma Splash
AP Reserve Lightning Ridge EDP

Last edited:
37755089814_664c9964c6_c.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Bath House Cuban Cedar & Lime
Brush: Semogue Boar
Razor: Peerless
Bath House Cuban Cedar & Lime wasn't quite as convincing as I expected. It was good. No specific complaints. Lathered easily and performed fine. I don't think it's as good as the Saponificio Varesino and I expected the scent to come out more on lathering but I'm very happy to have it in the rotation.

20171117_065416.jpg

Gee, the General was a little rough today... hang on...
20171117_065129.jpg

Nooooooooo! My cleaner has dropped it. Nooooooooo.

Thank God my daughter has an SS version waiting for me in less than a months time for my bday. But I've lost a dear friend. I loved my aluminium head...

Rockwell 6S (6)
Lord Racer blade (11)
Proraso Green
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Re-lather and cold rinse

Another fantastic shave. Although I needed a clean-up pass today after my normal 3 passes (WTG/ATG/ATG) to get to BBS. So the blade is losing some efficiency even on plate 6. Choice is now to either go for a new blade or transfer to my open comb (Fatip) for another few more shaves. The extra aggression recovers the efficiency from an old blade, in a razor that would cause substantial irritation with a new blade in the absence of a high degree of concentration and flawless technique...

@Greenpike - sorry to see that! Bending it back correctly could be rather difficult - all too easily done with aluminium unfortunately...

20171117_065416.jpg

20171117_065129.jpg

Thank God my daughter has an SS version waiting for me in less than a months time for my bday. But I've lost a dear friend. I loved my aluminium head...

Nooooo.. bad cleaner :unsure:
Sorry to hear it. Though in the meantime can you pry it back into place with a flat head screwdriver?

20171117_065416.jpg

20171117_065129.jpg

@Greenpike keep your eyes open they may release another General aluminium head again around mid 2018......maybe just keep your eyes open ;)

Edit:- The Black General is still available online if you need another one, get two always handy to have a backup click here

Last edited:
20171117_065416.jpg

20171117_065129.jpg

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! :arghh:

Status
Not open for further replies.