Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going through old supplies and old school stuff. Going through this thread I'm thinking "I had that, where is it now" so many times. EG where is my Cella? Where is my GFT?
Oh well, here's what was on top in my boxes of user grade razors, brushes and soaps/consumables etc after moving house:

Brush: Vie-Long horse (been using it the past couple of weeks)
Razor: Feather Portable (Just found it)
Blade: Astra (1)
Soap: Proraso green
A/S: Floid vigoroso

I wanted a simple shave today but that doesn’t mean lowering the standards

Squadron Soap - Red Lead
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Mitsuon 3000

KZ9fDFE.jpg

Music today was courtesy of my old Corp Band

A nice quick 2 pass shave after ch7 Star Wars movie before going to bed... trying to blast through the last of my old spice cream so I never have to see it again (too much good stuff starting to pile up on the shelf)

Brush: SJoL Silvertip
Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30 (6)
Soap: Old Spice Cream (lime)

Long handle from the Rockwell was tested on the General tonight.. Makes a huge difference for me and my style, no nicks/cuts/weepers and all together a lot more comfortable. I think the extra weight and easier grip really works well for me.

Date: 13 November 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Artist Club Professional #14
Post: - Speick Aftershave Lotion / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert EDP

Another beautifully formatted post following a great shave - go green guys!

qYRyvTM.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave
Saponifico Varesino
Wolfman Guerilla/UFO GOLiATH
Gillette Nacet
T+S Rainforest
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère Salve
T+S Rainforest Aftershave
AP Reserve Coeur de Vert EDP

37656842054_efbf5b05a4_z.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Wapienica Hollowed Wedge
AS: Pb Pimento Silk
Had another crack at the Wapienica last night taking it back to the Atoma 1200#. You may be able to see the uneven hone wear on the spine which indicates how warped this blade is. There was similar unevenness on the bevel which meant in one place in particular there was virtually no bevel. I was able to achieve a good bevel of more reasonable proportions across the blade so probably the most satisfactory honing of this blade to date.
It shaved beautifully this morning w/ three passes and clean up (@bald as :)) with no nicks, weepers or irritations which surprised me a little as there was still some micro chipping on the bevel I thought may have sent me back to the stones again.
The Felce Aromatica triple milled soap is very nice to use and lathers easily into a creamy lather which provided very good protection and glide for the Wapienica.

Rockwell 6S (6)
Lord Racer blade (7)
Omega 48
GFT Rose Cream
Re-lather, cold rinse, alum

Another 3 pass BBS with no damage. Got a better lather than I remember from the tub of GFT cream with other brushes - I think I'm just getting better at it. Re-tried alum after many months out of academic interest and got very little reaction compared to the nuclear weapons grade reaction it used to give me.

37656842054_efbf5b05a4_z.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Wapienica Hollowed Wedge
AS: Pb Pimento Silk
Had another crack at the Wapienica last night taking it back to the Atoma 1200#. You may be able to see the uneven hone wear on the spine which indicates how warped this blade is. There was similar unevenness on the bevel which meant in one place in particular there was virtually no bevel. I was able to achieve a good bevel of more reasonable proportions across the blade so probably the most satisfactory honing of this blade to date.
It shaved beautifully this morning w/ three passes and clean up (@bald as :)) with no nicks, weepers or irritations which surprised me a little as there was still some micro chipping on the bevel I thought may have sent me back to the stones again.
The Felce Aromatica triple milled soap is very nice to use and lathers easily into a creamy lather which provided very good protection and glide for the Wapienica.
Lovely razor and great photo @Pbgoose :):)

That one is on my shopping list with my next visit to TSW (y)
I'll pick up the AS when it comes in.
The Saponificio Varesino fits perfectly into the plastic containers Con sells if you don't have a container already, unless you lash out and get the wood shaving bowl too which looks nice. The Felce Aromatica isn't showing on TSW site at the moment, must be sold out of that too.

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (8)
Brush: Shavemac Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: P.160 Professional Sapone Speciale per Barba Tipo Morbido shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Pitralon Swiss splash

Time to mix it up a little and go old skool! Great shave from the classics! The lather was good enough to photograph - but I forgot to, sorry.

Razor: fatboy (3)
Blade: gillette stainless (2)
Soap: leviathan
Brush: commodore
Great shave, the leviathan soap smells a good deal different to the splash IMHO, love the splash, pretty meh on the soaps scent, perfection performance wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.