Brush: - Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods 2x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Testina Gentile Close Comb
Blade: - Vintage Wilkie (Wilkinson Sword) #2
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (5)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

Mixed it up with the Playtpus this morning :)

Aubergine was sensational. Not a hint of eggplant @RustyBlade and yes @lerenau a little pricey. We have been there before with friends.

It is a four course meal with options for three of the courses, the first being set and there is a little tasting plate before that. If you have it with the wine pairings the sommelier comes around before every course with a wine for each dish and talks through the wine, its heritage and selection and how it works with the dish. We had some amazing wines from all over the world, Australia, France, Germany, Sicily, Lebanon and Canada from memory with a range of very interesting grape varieties. The wine menu is as good as the food menu and the do work so well together.

Now, my turn to start planning next year!

6JQkxpA.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Declaration Theodore
Blackbird
Feather
Fine Italian Citrus
Fine Italian citrus Aftershave
Alvarez Gomez Agua Colonia

24197213207_1e33aab457_b.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Lemon Myrtle, Lanolin & Wormwood
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Kickuth 75
AS: Sangre de Drago
I had done a few batches of Lemon Myrtle soap trying to find a combination that worked by the time I had made this batch and I was over Lemon Myrtle, so I haven't touched this for a while. Was very nice to come back to. Happy with the base and the scent (Clary Sage, Lavender, Lemon Myrtle, Lime, Vetiver & Oak Moss) carries enough interest for me.

Fatip Grande Nickel
Lord Racer blade (7)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Shaver Heaven "Juicy Froot"
Re-lather and rinse

A harsh DFS+ shave today with a cut above my top lip during my "fools pass". It was also more work than I like. This particular blade never cut particularly well in a mild razor (maybe only the first shave worked?) and is harsh in more aggressive ones. I just have to conclude that it's a dud even compared to other blades in the same tuck. I have no idea how that happens but it does... it would be scary to try this blade first and then conclude that all Lord blades are like that! This one won't get another chance.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (5)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

Mixed it up with the Playtpus this morning :)

Aubergine was sensational. Not a hint of eggplant @RustyBlade and yes @lerenau a little pricey. We have been there before with friends.

It is a four course meal with options for three of the courses, the first being set and there is a little tasting plate before that. If you have it with the wine pairings the sommelier comes around before every course with a wine for each dish and talks through the wine, its heritage and selection and how it works with the dish. We had some amazing wines from all over the world, Australia, France, Germany, Sicily, Lebanon and Canada from memory with a range of very interesting grape varieties. The wine menu is as good as the food menu and the do work so well together.

Now, my turn to start planning next year!
@Mark1966 - I'm guessing that the Canadian participant was a dessert "ice wine"?

@Mark1966 - I'm guessing that the Canadian participant was a dessert "ice wine"?

VERY GOOD! I'm seriously impressed (as was my wife who had it - one glass more than enough though!)

Brush: EJ Best Badger
Razor: Mamba on EJ Handle
Blade: Vintage British Personna
Cream: GFT Limes
A/S: GFT Skinfood
Cologne: Pen's Blenheim Bouquet

Going through the GFT limes rather quickly, may have to order some more before the end of the year.
Wonderful lather and scent all round but I pushed it too far and ended up with a bit of redness on my neck. Nothing the GFT Skinfood didn't take care of though.

Brush: Omega Synthetic
Razor: Rockwel 6S (4)
Blade: Rockwell
Pre: PAA Prickly Pear
Soap: Wolfpac Ice :)

Where to begin. A lovely BBS shave with the Rockwell 6S on plate #4 - my first time and man was it smooth and pleasant, bar a nick on my chin but that's a given :) Really loving the PAA Prickly Pear preshave bar and finally cracked open the Wolfpac which smells delightful. Almost had to stop myself from grabbing a spoon and taking a bite it's that nice :) Happy shaving and goodnight ;)

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes Pre-shave
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Lea Classic (tallow formula)
Razor: UFO Goliath / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (1)
Splash: APR Aqua Di Sydney

For the first time in ages, I used a pre-shave other than Myrsol Emulsion, giving the Castle Forbes a go. It is a different beast altogether; water soluble with no scent. It is a product that your skin and whiskers absorb (by design), whilst the Emulsion leaves a slick layer that lasts after application. This doesn't necessarily mean it is superior - the products work in different ways.
Lathered up with good old Lea tallow, and just for good measure, added a wee bit of Lea Classic shaving cream. As expected, lather exploded from my SOC boar; I had enough for 4 or 5 passes if needed.
I was surprised at the efficiency of the Spoiler - I was comparing it directly to the Super Silver, and I was noticeably closer after the second pass. This came at a cost, with a few weepers on the trouble spots (steel wire bristles) on my neck, indicating a touch too much pressure. All gone by the third pass, and I was grinning and congratulating myself on a BBS shave. However, when I applied the Emulsion post-shave, I detected a couple of spots where I could feel very slight growth, so I must call it as a DFS+.
The Aqua Di Sydney was a delightful finishing touch. The aftershaves from Australian Private Reserve (APR) have very complex scents and the strength of a light cologne - they last for 4 hours on my skin.
I was at the Test Match yesterday, and another engrossing day's play today. Two excellent knocks from Bairstow and Malan. The match is finely balanced; let's hope the (unseasonable) rain holds off on Sun/Mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.