Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

Rocking the same combination today - so shameless reuse of photo -

Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (2)
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap

Rocking the same combination today - so shameless reuse of photo -

No shame in a re-run of that class, Mate ;).

38127809815_1184dffc2c_z.jpg

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Gillette New OC
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver
All good. Probably the best combo I've had with the Gillette New.

Date: 13 December 2017 "SOTD"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Testina Gentile Close Comb
Blade: - Vintage Wilkie (Wilkinson Sword) #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Thanks @Mark1966 for the Vintage Wilkie I love these blades got any MOAR!! please ;) must have another 200 or 300 in my den to last me many more years of shaving, I had no idea how good they are and how smooth these blade. I have no idea which type of modern blades are pretty the same as the Vintage Wilkie otherwise I'm guessing is does feel like Gillette Nacet who knows, because the Vintage Wilkie blade feels very very smooth and sharp as butter YMMV depend on my stubble and how far can these blade expand to the total maximum shaves.

Vintage Wilkie are fantastic blades must have same MOAR!! :sneaky: in my den soon please help me find some MOAR!! MOAR!! :happy:

Last edited:
Three passes - just feels so good to be clean shaven again - the APR splash with a good amount of menthol goes very nicely with the Aventus.

If people ask me why there is no EDP for Coolabah I just smile politely and say 'Creed Aventus' is why, it's an incredible and immediately classic fragrance design from Olivier and Erwin Creed. Not immediately my cup of tea at all, but something that is on a level of it's own with it's beauty and composition.

Rockwell 6S (6)
Lord Racer blade (5)
Shaver Heaven "Juicy Froot" Tallow v3
Omega S10005
Re-lather and rinse

A nice 3 pass BBS today. Might need to go shopping for a bigger synth in the new year. This one is pretty good, although I am still learning how to keep water in the brush rather than dripping out...

Brush: Omega Synthetic
Soap: Shaving Factory mystery soap / Proraso White Cream
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant
Blade: Super Max
Post shave: Ossam Alum / Witch Hazel Wipes / Barber Shoppe Balm

My first shave with the 37C and it compares well with the 34C in size and overall feel. All in all a great shave bar a few weepers which I put down to the older blade and poor technique during my first pass. To prove how close the shave went I managed to reopen a past cut near my lip which was uncomfortable but it didn't stop me having an enjoyable BBS shave with 2 days growth :) I can easily see this razor being in my rotations as I love the shorter handle compared to the RazorRock version which is also a great slant. Happy shaves!

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: OSP Barbershop
Razor: UFO Goliath / ATT S1
Blade: Vntage Gillette Super Silver (6)
Splash: Pitralon Swiss

The eve of the third Ashes Test Match here in Perth. Looks like some rain on days 4 and 5; let's hope it stays away and we have a good match.
Some lovely slick lather from the OSP tonight. The scent of this soap is strongly biased towards lavender - I'm struggling to pick up any other notes.
The ATT S1 dealt easily with a 4 day growth, with three passes for a DFS+. A super comfortable shave, with no irritation nor hint of claret, and a hell of a good post shave.

Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (3)

Wedding anniversary today (26th), so I wanted a 'special' shave. When I looked at my drawer of soaps though this combination called to me again - hard to beat really!

Another shameless reuse of photo - not sure if 3 days in a row is acceptable @TomG ? Not sure why you are worried about rain on days 4 and 5 for the Ashes Test either really, we will not take that long to beat the Poms will we?

TWctBqe.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Thater fünf
Blackbird
Feather
AP Reserve Lightning Ridge Shaving Soap
AP Reserve Lightning Ridge Aftershave
AP Reserve Lightning Ridge EDP

APR Winterfell Set, ABC Boar, Mühle Rocca.
That’s the Winterfell finished, thoroughly enjoyed it thanks @todras
I’ve PIF’d the remainder of the AS and EDP which is about a 1/4 bottle so another Pom can get to try some APR products.
Not watching the cricket, I’ve decided it’s a shit sport anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.