Soap: Proraso Red
Post: Proraso Red Aftershave, Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Balm

Sandalwood!

Razor: Standard
Blade: GSB (4)
Brush: TSW 452/28 synth
Soap: Latha Limon
After: Alum, APR Suitably Attired Australian (sample) A/S & Balm

Super shave with the GSB today, and a lovely fresh finish from the SA sampler. Enjoy your Sunday lads!

Razor: Timeless Scalloped Bar 0.95 (on loan courtesy of @Tony Forsyth)
Blade: Permasharp (4)
Brush: RR Monster Synth 26mm
Soap: L&L Harmony
After: Thayers, L&L harmony aftershave (Myrsol Plastic after washing the L&L off)

So, second shave with the Timeless. Little prep this arvo, just a hot rinse with lather from soap left on for a while to test irritation. No irritation from the soap so went ahead with a proper face lather. 2 passes WTG produced a DFS bordering on BBS. Super efficient razor with great audio, and surprisingly mild given the gap (not #3 FB, or 2-4 Rockwell mild, but most definitely comparable to #5 on Rockwell with more efficiency). 100% going to get a 0.68 in this razor soon.

The L&L performed well. I'd put it beside Stirling tbh for performance, if not a little in front. Scent on the harmony is incense (dragon's blood and nag champa). Pleasant as a lather, and would pair very well with Joop or another dragon's blood scented EDT/Cologne. After rinse and Thayers, I took a couple drops of the aftershave and put onto my neck. Unfortunately it doesn't agree with me, producing a red mess on my neck. Washed it off and put some myrsol on, but can still smell it now. The scent strength on both the soap and aftershave is a good 8/10 (maybe 7/10 for the soap when lathered).

Looks like the Harmony will be going to the B/S/T, though @Tony Forsyth has dibs :)

The fragrance in the SV is very low concentration as it is a non alcoholic composition of fragrance compounds i.e. Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol.

My Acqua Di Sydney is an Essential Oil based perfume (8 EO's) with 3 aroma chemicals added (The marine notes are not possible naturally) therefore my aftershave (at 6%) lasts around 5 to 6 hours while the SV aftershave lingers for significantly less time. It's just the nature of the beast with aroma chemicals, you don't get the longevity unfortunately. Most big name perfumers use a minimum of 3 or 4 EO's then compliment them with aromatics to avoid this problem - it does cost a lot more though to produce doing it this way but the quality of the perfume, the silage and the longevity is well worth the expense.

It's about choice at the end of the day, I like the SV scent that's based on Aqua Di Gio and I thought in designing Acqua Di Sydney I could design something that works with the SV 70th soap.

Errr so is an Aroma Chemical different to an Fragrance Oil?

I have never smelled SV 70th, but I now feel the need to go and buy it, along with ADG to compliment your splash!

After: Thayers, L&L harmony aftershave (Myrsol Plastic after washing the L&L off)

So, second shave with the Timeless. Little prep this arvo, just a hot rinse with lather from soap left on for a while to test irritation. No irritation from the soap so went ahead with a proper face lather. 2 passes WTG produced a DFS bordering on BBS. Super efficient razor with great audio, and surprisingly mild given the gap (not #3 FB, or 2-4 Rockwell mild, but most definitely comparable to #5 on Rockwell with more efficiency). 100% going to get a 0.68 in this razor soon.

The L&L performed well. I'd put it beside Stirling tbh for performance, if not a little in front. Scent on the harmony is incense (dragon's blood and nag champa). Pleasant as a lather, and would pair very well with Joop or another dragon's blood scented EDT/Cologne. After rinse and Thayers, I took a couple drops of the aftershave and put onto my neck. Unfortunately it doesn't agree with me, producing a red mess on my neck. Washed it off and put some myrsol on, but can still smell it now. The scent strength on both the soap and aftershave is a good 8/10 (maybe 7/10 for the soap when lathered).

Looks like the Harmony will be going to the B/S/T, though @Tony Forsyth has dibs :)
Sorry @Korbz i just want to understand correctly. The razor feels like a Rockwell 6s using plate 5 but performs more efficiently. Have I understood correctly?

Its all mine Hahahaha!!!The timless is awesome isnt it

A Whisper from the Green, Green Grass of Home Shave
20170219_143933.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Perma-Sharp SS (2)
Soap: Whispers From The Woods - Spearmint, Vetiver & Lavender (first use)
Brush: K Shave Worx Gamechanger

Thoughts...
- Whispers soap is amazing. Best lather I've had and I had to use my small shaving bowl because the big one has a good dollop of Major Wood soap in it still. I keep trying soaps that are better than the last! Surely my technique isn't wholey to blame? The scent transports you back to when you ran around in the long grass at kindy with your cheeks flushed and your throat full of giggles. Very green and that's what pointed me to the Pino.
- Futur love continues. Setting of 2 and only a few tiny weepers.

Last edited:
Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: G3 Fatboy (5) & Perma-sharp (6th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Soap "ACE"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold water splash, Bloc d Alun, Henri et Victoria Balm,
Aftershave/Cologne: APR Choix Alfredus

All I seem to be doing lately is mowing grass and sweating like a pig !!! But certainly do not smell like a sweaty pig after a nice cool shower and a spectacular shave. First run with the Squadron soap, the scent is awesome and the soap lathers very well but did lack a little in slickness I found unless I done something wrong :eek: I still had a nice smooth shave and looking forward to trying out "The Warden" and of course "Spitfire" ;)
Cheers
Tony

b2YBUey.jpg

First run with the Squadron soap, the scent is awesome and the soap lathers very well but did lack a little in slickness I found unless I done something wrong :eek: I still had a nice smooth shave and looking forward to trying out "The Warden" and of course "Spitfire"

After a significant run with both, I actually found the Warden has significantly better lather than Ace for slickness. I can only assume it's the scent's effect? Interested in @SchoolForAnts opinion here. I adore Warden whereas Ace is not quite as top notch.

[looks around for @TomG to see if he wants my Ace too. Hahahaha.]

4QrVjfL.jpg

February 19th, 2017

Razorock V4 Stealth Slant
Permasharp Super
Paste and Cut 2017 LE "Platypus"
Shaver Heaven "Citrus Garden"
Australia Private Reserve "Fete au Citron"

First shave with the "Platypus" and felt that there was no better accompaniment to an Australian brush than some quality Australian soap and splash. As the brush is also "unobtanium" I felt it only right to also pair it with an unobtanium razor.

The brush certainly did not disappoint on it's first run, I will reserve any further observations until it has had some further uses. The soap and splash are both fantastic and performed admirably. There is not much that I can say about the razor that has not been said before. Easy no nonsense shaver and I can push out an extremely quick shave without thinking about it. The shave is not as close as some of the others and whilst I am able to get a BBS result the hair comes back a little faster than with other razors in my den. That being said the shave is certainly good enough to get you through a normal day and IMO the Stealth Slant would make an excellent work day shaver (that is provided you did not have an occasion after work that you still wanted to be very closely shaven for).

Great shave before heading off for some 90th birthday celebrations.

@Korbz if I understood correctly when using plate #5 on Rockwell 6s, you've been shaving WTG, XTG and ATG using plate #5 right? If so how smooth and efficiently going XTG and ATG because WTG is way too easy, also which double edge did you used on plate #5

Cheers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.