A24A47F1-1A82-4E2A-916F-56CD23F24C71_zpsltvjysiy.jpg

Sexy! Love me a scaled tang!

20170220_SOTD_Frame_S_zps1vbo0ebv.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V Romera Manchurian
Lather: Soap Testing
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Lovely shave - hope yours is also (y)

I think I'll be leaving this to the weekends however, took a lot longer than with the trusty DE!

When I started with straights I was a good 30min for three passes. I'm under half that now and when needs be I just go with two (WTG-ATG). To be honest, I don't need the XTG pass but I do it so I get to experience brush/lather/blade one more time.

oLmhLHn.jpg

February 20th, 2017

Razorock V4 Stealth Slant
Permasharp Super
Thater 2 Band
Soap Testing

Another great shave. The Stealth Slant has made a liar of me today and offered a really close shave. Still not as close as some more aggressive razors but I could have easily gotten away with going out after work if I had to. Such an easy no nonsense shave too.

Brush: Maggards 26mm synthetic
Lather: Stifling margaritas in the artic
Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Silver Star
Post Shave: Thayers lemon, Nivea original

First shave with the 6s. Started with the #3 plate and the Rockwell blade but found that really wasn't working, quickly changed to #4 and the silver star. I was surprised how mild the #3 was and perhaps the Rockwell blade is not very sharp, one quick try is not much of a trial but I wanted this first go on the 6s to be a good one as I had been looking forward to it. Had a great shave after the change, 2 passes on the #4, very smooth and deceptively close. Flipped to the #2 for the ATG, again really too mild, I should have left it on 4.
The brush and soap gave great lather and slickness was excellent. All in all a good shave and plenty of experimenting to do with the added value of the 6s.

P.S. This was my Sunday shave but I spent way too much time yesterday trying to put the pictures up and then left it. Any helpful tips would be appreciated, I am no computer wiz!
I found the same thing @Sticky - the Rockwell blades were terrible (tried a few just to make sure wasn't just a bad one) and plate 5 is the one for me! The Rocky is a great razor (the blades -= not so much)

• Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
  • Soap: Cold River Soap Works Barbershop
  • Brush: Paladin Falstaff Purple Haze
  • Strop: Kanayama (?)
  • Razor: Vintage Boker King Cutter 5/8"
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block, Myrsol Plastic Shave
This soap is amazing (thanks @nsavage ) and the Paladin gave it no mercy. This Boker is pretty ugly (one day I will sand out the water stains, if I have a spare 8 hours) but it takes a superb edge. Great shave.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT Kronos (0.58) & Voskhod (7th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap: Stirling Soap Co "Orange Chill" (Lather Shot)
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold water splash, Bloc d Alun, Witch Hazel,
Aftershave/Cologne: Dr Jon's Hydra

A very refreshing and very pleasant shave tonight, I felt I needed to wake up the senses tonight and the Orange Chill and Hydra certainly done that. Also first run tonight with my new 26mm Manchurian White so we shall see how it fairs once it's had a few shaves under its belt.

EYmTVlU.jpg

Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (1)
MWF
Platypus brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

Three day growth that was as tough as nails from a boating weekend and the Feather didn't even know it was there. WTG + ATG for a lovely BBS with no damage that is still a DFS 12 hours later. The Pro Super blade is definitely better to me than the Pro blades - it's probably the greater exposure giving a bit more control and flex I suspect. Lather and brush were superlative as usual - I needed to bring out the big guns...

• Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
  • Soap: Cold River Soap Works Barbershop
  • Brush: Paladin Falstaff Purple Haze
  • Strop: Kanayama (?)
  • Razor: Vintage Boker King Cutter 5/8"
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block, Myrsol Plastic Shave
This soap is amazing (thanks @nsavage ) and the Paladin gave it no mercy. This Boker is pretty ugly (one day I will sand out the water stains, if I have a spare 8 hours) but it takes a superb edge. Great shave.
Happy to hear you are enjoying the soap @Psmith. That one was very difficult to part with. Great performing soap and one of the very best Barber Shop scents I have had.

Gillette Slim 1967
Gillette Super Stainless 1989 Made in France @ 10
Dr Jon - Anne Bonny
Skin Bracer Original

Classic 3 pass shave + an extra ATG for a genuine BSS result. This blade keep its smoothness shave after shave and cut through facial hairs like soft butter, had I known I would have bought more than 9 dispensers.

Note of the utmost importance: Have a good day guys!

uAIUXb4.png

44718356c66081e315f698167c41f9a4.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Razor Master Ari
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword French Brown (7)
Splash: Pitralon Classic

First use of the Razor Master Ari soap. It lathered easily and performed really well. Was particularly impressed with the glide. It has a gentle soapy fresh pine scent, in contrast to its pine tar potent stablemate Toivo. In all round performance, Ari reminded me very much of Haslinger Schafmilch.
Three passes for a DFS+. The Wilkie French Brown blade remains sharp and smooth.
Finished with a splash of Pitralon Classic. Great face feel, and I love the fresh take on a European Barbershop scent.

c6GIUXQ.jpg

LA Toja Pre
Mason & Pearson
Timeless
Feather
Strop Shoppe Baker St
Stirling Baker St Aftershave Balm
Stirling Baker St Aftershave
APR L'endroit Orange

A pleasant two passes this morning, the cooler weather enduring. A very slick lather with a great post shave feel, superior to it's successor in many ways and a great start to the day. Kudos to Stirling for preserving the exact formulation and offering the aftershave in a relatively concentrated form.

Enjoy the day you chaps! :pompous:

Enjoy your shaves and the day today you bunch of 'Stirling Gentleman' users... (think I got away with that)

The illegality would be determined based on the intent of the statement and "that's a borderline citation right there, guy" :)

nice Futur too!

Status
Not open for further replies.