Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage Personna Micrometric
Blade: Vintage Personna [England] blade (9)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu Aftershave
Cologne: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

Another stupidly cold February morning here in Canberra -

What is with the weather!

Days like this I spare a thought for 'farmer' @stillshunter out tending the animals before work.

Anyway, a nice day to enjoy the warmth of the Spitfire soap and cologne from @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau - great stuff as always! The solid cologne might take some time to get used to but it captures the Spitfire scent nicely.

Last edited:
Razor: Vintage Personna Micrometric
Blade: Vintage Personna [England] blade (9)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu Aftershave
Cologne: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

Another stupidly cold February morning here in Canberra -

What is with the weather!

Days like this I spare a thopught for 'farmer' @stillshunter out tending the animals before work.

Anyway, a nice day to enjoy the warmth of the Spitfire soap and cologne from @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau - great stuff as always! The solid cologne might take some time to get used to but it captures the Spitfire scent nicely.
Yeah sucks to be me.

Too cold. Opted to sleep in at the expense of the morning shave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower
Feather AC DX with Super Pro blade (2)
Lea stick
Proraso brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

An average shave today. Didn't sleep well, spent a lot of time thinking of other things and couldn't get the lather to work even though it's one of my best soaps. Missed some bits in two passes (WTG/ATG) and ended up with CCS. No damage though which is a testament to how much better the Pro Super blade is over the Pro blade - the latter would have left me cut up if I had been so careless with a new blade. Just one of those shaves...

a0c838b083820937975da47035bb1009.jpg

This razor continues to impress. Hope Tony doesn't want it back lol

Sounds like you are really starting to come to terms with it, like I did. Marvelous piece of kit !! and yes I do want it back:p When your ready mate. I have a nice new shiny .68 base plate to try :whistle:
I do actually feel terrible that you have the new plate but no razor to put it in :oops: (mainly because I hate waiting for things so would be going crazy lol)

The problem now is I don't know if I want the 68 or 95 plate! Wonder if I can convince the mrs that I need both :sneaky:

c6GIUXQ.jpg

LA Toja Pre
Mason & Pearson
Timeless
Feather
Strop Shoppe Baker St
Stirling Baker St Aftershave Balm
Stirling Baker St Aftershave
APR L'endroit Orange

A pleasant two passes this morning, the cooler weather enduring. A very slick lather with a great post shave feel, superior to it's successor in many ways and a great start to the day. Kudos to Stirling for preserving the exact formulation and offering the aftershave in a relatively concentrated form.

Enjoy the day you chaps! :pompous:

@todras have you've tried Stirling Baker Street shaving soap??? since Stirling bought the soap recipe from Strop Shopp. So which soap you like best the original soap recipe from Strop Shopp or Stirling??

Shower
Feather AC DX with Super Pro blade (2)
Lea stick
Proraso brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

An average shave today. Didn't sleep well, spent a lot of time thinking of other things and couldn't get the lather to work even though it's one of my best soaps. Missed some bits in two passes (WTG/ATG) and ended up with CCS. No damage though which is a testament to how much better the Pro Super blade is over the Pro blade - the latter would have left me cut up if I had been so careless with a new blade. Just one of those shaves...
The Feather is unforgiving of slips in concentration - trust me I know mate!! If Im even the slightest out of sorts or rushing I resort to the trusty DE - not worth the carnage !!

I do actually feel terrible that you have the new plate but no razor to put it in :oops: (mainly because I hate waiting for things so would be going crazy lol)

The problem now is I don't know if I want the 68 or 95 plate! Wonder if I can convince the mrs that I need both :sneaky:
Of course you can, you need to be at least presentable for her at all times... That just wouldn't be possible without both the .95 and the .68 now, would it?!

Hahaha !!! Now your talking. You can always try mine (.68) too see what you think;) Im all good mate, good to see you giving it a workout.

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: Platypus
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floyd Vigoroso

Wow, the Phoenix & Beau soap really is great! The scent may grow on me, but the lather was superb! Easily whipped up, and very protective. Tonight's shave was more pleasant than the last two, but I'm itching to give the straight another run...

Full_Size_Render_3.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S - 4
Blade: Voshkod (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Crown King - The Kiss

My first use of plate 4 on the Rockwell today. Result was one of the closest shaves I’ve had in quite a while and zero irritation. Very happy, looking forward to trying plate 4 with a Polsilver next. :happy:

I finished off my sample of Crown King “The Kiss” Soap. This stuff almost built a lather just by looking at it! The scent is sweet and floral, which is not what I normally go for, but to my surprise I actually quite like it. I'm going to have to pickup a full puck. “The Tea Party” soap also sounds interesting, not sure if anyone else has tried it????

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: Platypus
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floyd Vigoroso

Wow, the Phoenix & Beau soap really is great! The scent may grow on me, but the lather was superb! Easily whipped up, and very protective. Tonight's shave was more pleasant than the last two, but I'm itching to give the straight another run...
The Spitfire is certainly top stuff. Good on you for entering the world of straight razors!

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT Kronos (0.58) & Voskhod (8th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap: Squadron Soap "Spitfire"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold water splash, Bloc d Alun, Henri et Victoria Balm
Aftershave/Cologne: None

The new brush is certainly working very well and all accounts expecting it to only get better. Loving the shave I am getting using the ATT with Kronus handle as it seems to be getting all the bits that normally need tidying up after and blade is now on its 8th 3 pass shaves. Loving the scents of these Squadron Soaps, lather is great nice and thick providing great cushioning but struggling to feel any real slickness with the soap. Maybe I just need to keep playing with it as I love the scents. Next shave will be with the Squadron Soap "The Warden" so we shall see how I go with that. Very pleasant and very enjoyable late night shave and the balm is doing great work for the post shave feel.
Cheers
Tony

8sRha8N.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.