Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
39657249501_253dce004a_z.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze 0.38
Blade: Personna Blue
Brush: Semogue 2000
Soap: P&B Pall Mall
Fragrance: Zegna Acqua di Bergamotto - a couple more sprays before the replacement is cracked open (y)

39658583081_0169021f8d_z.jpg

Soap: Nettle n Neem II
Brush: 26mm TF MHW
Razor: Gem Junior (compliments of @Ferret619 )
Blade: GEM (1)
Well that was different. A bit like trying to shave with one of my wife's alligator hair clips on a stick. Felt it was a surprisingly good shave early this morning, I would've said DFS with minimal effort and clean up. Nice audible feedback as @Snooze said. Just an easy throw it round your face shave. But a few hours later and I'm feeling the shadow return. So nice shave and it'll happily get a run amongst the rotation but I'm not about to go crazy on a GEM collection. Then again, now I've got the blades.........:whistle:
The NnN soap was creeaamy (see NnN II post for lather shot). Nice to see it hasn't lost it's slickness from original batch. Just got to deal with the scent, you still gotta love neem to love this soap.

I drink neem (and bitter gourd) juice daily and don't mind the taste too much but the smell of neem oil is something I could never get used to!!

back to Groming dept. Afternoon shave

Pre: Nothing
razor: Merggard 42c + feather #2 use
brush: semogue 2000
soap: GD After the Fire
splash: B&M Seville

y4omAAh.jpg

Nice shave. The splash scent disappear fast so I top up my face with APR SAS :)
I think my soap is sick. I'll post somewhere a picture to see what you people think

It is amazing how much growth you accumulate if you don't have visitors, no business appointments [except the phone] and a desert island attitude for 5 or 6 days.

100 laps on the leather.
2 - 3 minutes face time with hot towels
Home brew MDC ish soap
Omega 27 mm barber handle Boar
6/8" Light sabre.

I made a concession to the extra 5 or 5 days growth and had an extra quick pass to locate any stragglers.
2 passes and a very easy DFS++

Finished with a rub of Macadamia nut oil and Lemon myrtle.
No irritation, no cuts or weepers and very pleased. I think I will do it again tomorrow night :)

Date: 14 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat 8x
Bowl:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #8
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky'
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Premium Chromium blade (4)
Brush: Tony Forsyth PC LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Aqua di Palma Colonia shaving cream
Aftershave: Aqua di Palma Colonia aftershave
Cologne: Aqua di Palma Colonia Eau de Cologne

Post catch up 'recovery' shave - can't do much better than this!

What blades have you tried? The Kai Captain Mild is probably milder than the Schick and the mildest is the Feather ProGuard. I haven't actually used those in the General as I find the General mild and use Feather Pro Supers in it. I used every AC style blade I could get my hands on for the Asylum Rx as I find it aggressive and I was trying to tone it down. Have you found the aggression more manageable after first blade use? I find with the Asylum I have to watch the first shave then it's milder with subsequent shaves.
they are the only blades i've tried so far but have the 11 blade pack coming from try a blade. it is slightly better after a couple of shaves but not enough to make it all that much more comfortable. hopefully i find something that works in the sample pack even if i have to resort to a guard blade.

24806282517_eb95ff9cd5_h.jpg

Soap: Pb Lemon Myrtle, Lanolin and Wormwood
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (2)
The Lemon Myrtle lathered up beautifully, nice gloss cream, but it didn't pass the Asylum test today. Not enough protection or residual slickness hence the alum block, scored a couple of weepers and a face feel reminiscent of the original Asylum saga, but overall a nice DFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.