Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My straight razor shave last night was superb but I almost made a tragic error. I picked up a DE for just the shortest time with the thought of "something different". Lack of sleep I've heard can mess with your perceptions of reality :)

I don't have a bucket list, but high on that list is mastering one decent shave with a DE in 50 years of shaving. I admire those with the skill and blood to master such a viscous little weapon.

Anyway, back to reality.
2 minute hot towel treatment
6/8" Russian half hollow.
Very large Turkish boar/horse [32mm]
Home brew soap
and post - macadamia nut oil with Lemon Myrtle
2 pass BBS.

Just kidding about the DE - I know they are a step up from a cartridge :)

clbBc7b.jpg

Timeless Bronze
Feather
Wolf Whiskers DWW-3
Declaration Grooming 30mm (B3)
Eufros Sandalo

Pre Shave: Warm water, Proraso green
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Feather (1)
Bowl: Fine Stoneware
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green

Now THAT is a real man's shave right there, not like those Cock-well things that @58RW and others use ;)

I mean, seriously, is there a 60 year old Cock-well that has stood the test of time and aged gracefully - or are they really a semi-disposable razor ...
I bet you're glad you got that off your chest @Mark1966....

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Muhle silvertip fibre M v2
Beta test soap
Razorock XXX balm

Tested another soap today and another great lather! This scent strength is again subtle and is a pleasant, herbal type scent. It smells like it's something very good for you!

The lather was creamy and easy to whip up! Very easy to work in extra water.

These little wooden bowls have rough ridges on the bottom and are perfect for using samples. Best solution at $3 from aliexpress!!

20180518_100230_01.jpg

Date Night....

lLQYK9t_d.jpg

Pre: Hot shower....
Razor: 1958 Gillette Fat Boy #3 (shout out to @58RW)....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: TF Custom....
Soap: APR Bay City....
Post: Thayers, APR Bay City Aftershave & Sauvauge EDT....

The Fat Boy was a treat to use with the new Feather and as @Mark1966 states for a 60 year old razor - WOW....

The brush whipped up a lather with ease and in abundance....
The Bay City, well it just takes me places - upliftingly beautiful scent (and the wife loves it)....

Date Night....

lLQYK9t_d.jpg

The Fat Boy was a treat to use with the new Feather and as @Mark1966 states for a 60 year old razor - WOW....
The Bay City, well it just takes me places - upliftingly beautiful scent (and the wife loves it)....

What a classy, sophisticated shave that is!

I'm sure that date night will be a, um, 'success' with prep like this (y)

Now THAT is a real man's shave right there, not like those Cock-well things that @58RW and others use ;)

I mean, seriously, is there a 60 year old Cock-well that has stood the test of time and aged gracefully - or are they really a semi-disposable razor ...

I gotta move with the youngsters now I'm a senior citizen and my Cock works well with a "Rock- Well" just fine :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Date Night....

lLQYK9t_d.jpg

There you are my sweetie are you having fun shaving with Uncle @fruityasu now behave yourself

1. Preshave: Shiner Gold
  2. Razor: Thiers Issard 5/8
  3. Soap: D.R.Harris Windsor
  4. Brush: Simpsons Tulip 3 Manchurian
  5. Postshave: Razorock Don Marco
  6. Earworm: Charge - Asian Dub Foundation
Been a while since my last post (stupid head cold, sick kids and my wife's birthday). Anywho, I've teaching myself the old style art of the straight shave and I am totally loving it. Takes a lot more time and yes, I am not yet getting anywhere near BBS, but oh my, the joy. Wielding a seriously sharp piece of steel close to some major arteries, requires some care and attention. Luckily, I've only had one minor nick, near my Adam's Apple. This is an area that I really struggle with. No matter how much, or in which direction I pull my skin, I just can't seem to get the whiskers on the throat satisfactorily. So, still some distance to go, but I'll get there. Will probably revert to one of my trusty Charcoal Goods razors tomorrow for a dead cert shave. Level 2 and 'The Fat' I'm thinking.

1. Preshave: Shiner Gold
  2. Razor: Thiers Issard 5/8
  3. Soap: D.R.Harris Windsor
  4. Brush: Simpsons Tulip 3 Manchurian
  5. Postshave: Razorock Don Marco
  6. Earworm: Charge - Asian Dub Foundation
Been a while since my last post (stupid head cold, sick kids and my wife's birthday). Anywho, I've teaching myself the old style art of the straight shave and I am totally loving it. Takes a lot more time and yes, I am not yet getting anywhere near BBS, but oh my, the joy. Wielding a seriously sharp piece of steel close to some major arteries, requires some care and attention. Luckily, I've only had one minor nick, near my Adam's Apple. This is an area that I really struggle with. No matter how much, or in which direction I pull my skin, I just can't seem to get the whiskers on the throat satisfactorily. So, still some distance to go, but I'll get there. Will probably revert to one of my trusty Charcoal Goods razors tomorrow for a dead cert shave. Level 2 and 'The Fat' I'm thinking.
Practise is all it takes.Nice blade for a starter too.

I gotta move with the youngsters now I'm a senior citizen and my Cock works well with a "Rock- Well" just fine :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Bollocks.

Stay True

Stay Vintage

Status
Not open for further replies.