Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
eMkduzcl.jpg

Brush: Ever Ready 200
Soap: Haslinger
Razor: Aristocrat #15
Blade: Astra SP

This may well be the best shaving DE that I have. If only they had made an open comb, rhodium plated, adjustable, Fat Boy!
Have a great weekend.

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: Schick Injector Type L2 Grip
Blade: Schick Injector P-30 (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel / Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924

Only a two day growth, which was much more suitable for the Schick Injector razor. Three passes for a DFS+. I'm thinking that one of these razors would make a fine daily driver.
Hadn't used the I Coloniali soap for a while, and forgot what a wonderful soap it is. A thirsty vegetable-based Italian soap which rewards the user with dense fragrant lather with excellent glide, cushion and slickness. Unlike many vegetable soaps, it has very respectable residual slickness, and is a pleasure to use.

K00Qo69h.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Lemon Myrtle, Lanolin & Wormwood
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Bic (1) Compliments of @RustyBlade (y)
Really nice combo this morning. Pulled out the HG for a warm lather shave. Lather looked rubbish in the scuttle but once lathered and painted on the face was great.
The Bic blades are one of a few blades that fit comfortably in the Elite. This is the first time I've used a Bic and was very pleasantly surprised. Very efficient but more comfortable than the Feather. I might have to buy a hundred. Interested in others opinions of the Bic. I had seen them whilst shopping for blades but passed them by due to associations with the carts.
I'm getting a little frustrated with the mildness of the Elite but having said that I achieved BBS with my normal number of passes so I'm thinking 'shut up and shave'.

Yesterday night (no outdoor pic as it was pretty dark):
Pre: shower
razor: Seygus extreme 2016 oc with Astra Green
brush: Yaqi sagrada familia
soap: APR Coeur de Vert
splash: APR Lighting ridge (CdV was somewhere hidden in the bag)

5aZgWds.jpg

Today's

Pre: hot water
soap: Grooming Dept After the Fire
splash1: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
splash2: Thomas Tew (finally the splashes bag appeared. not pictured...)

55UCw4m.jpg

CdV already have the 'donut' hole on it :D
AS these are my most used soaps (i.e. the ones with less ammount to finish them) I bring them to the Craddle mountains to give them a constant use for a few days :)

Sorry, some lather

Date: 19 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Stick
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

WOW! :jawdrop: I cannot believe my eyes and my own face that the Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge is still going. @Mark1966 and @Nightguard how many shaves per blade can this last? maximum of 15 or more?

Last edited:

Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

WOW! :jawdrop: I cannot believe my eyes and my own face that the Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge is still going. @Mark1966 and @Nightguard how many shaves per blade can this last? maximum of 15 or more?
I'm pushing over 30+ shaves with Gillette Stainless Spoiler Pack and good as the first pass

Yesterday night (no outdoor pic as it was pretty dark):
Pre: shower
soap: APR Coeur de Vert
splash: APR Lighting ridge (CdV was somewhere hidden in the bag)

5aZgWds.jpg

Today's

Pre: hot water
soap: Grooming Dept After the Fire
splash1: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
splash2: Thomas Tew (finally the splashes bag appeared. not pictured...)

55UCw4m.jpg

CdV already have the 'donut' hole on it :D
AS these are my most used soaps (i.e. the ones with less ammount to finish them) I bring them to the Craddle mountains to give them a constant use for a few days :)

Sorry, some lather
The Today SOTD is awesome setting just love it (y)

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi boss knot
Bath House - Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Anherb balm

Wonderful shave today. I love both the bath house scents (the other being Cuban lime and cedar). Complex, refreshing and intoxicating!

20180519_100258_01.jpg

I don't push them beyond 10-12. That is still plenty

I don't push them beyond 10-12. That is still plenty
Understood, I'm going to push the Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge a little bit more to around 15 or 16, because I don't feel any tugging at the moment up to #12 which I'm still amazed about the Vintage Wilkiy.

@Mark1966 and @Nightguard ;):happy: I must have MOAR!! :sneaky::whistle:

IMAG0112.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose
Pre: Shower

Magnifique! Have a great Sunday :)

GSq7REH_d.jpg

Massive thanks to Dan for gifting me this soap. Treated it it similar to B&M reserve line to lather, but end product was much creamier. Can’t fault any aspect of performance, really top shelf and maybe best post shave yet. I haven’t looked up scent notes, but get Pine from the tub (and not much else tbh). However when lathered it opens up a lot more and get something flowery (no idea as my nose isn’t well trained but thinking Geranium type scent) and some faint citrus (limey to me). I think you could use year round in Qld, but would be great in Spring/Autumn.

XIER5SL.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: RudyVey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Stirling Gin & Tonic
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Lovely weekend shave with some fantastic Stirling lather.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.