Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted with 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe shaving soap
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe splash

Great minds they say @Sticky !

EF8BxpKh.jpg

Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: TI Bijou De France
This soap was a fresh batch yesterday. Really nice shave this morning. Takes a little work to lather up but the reward is a dense cream. I didn't use the Pre Shave Emulsion this morning so I could gauge performance of the soap alone and I was very happy. Residual slickness is good, allowing follow up dry pass. Post shave feel is good i.e. not drying.
If anything I'd go heavier with the tobacco but I wanted to maintain some lightness and brightness in the scent. Pulling back on the Blue Tansy may achieve the same as it dominates a little.

Semogue 1305
Haslinger Ringelblumen
Bengall
Witch Hazel
Viet Fougere

Not the worst shave but not the best I have had.Haslinger soap worked beautifully,thick and creamy lather with plenty of residual slickness.Blade was nice and sharp as I touched it up on the 0.5 and 0.25 micron last night whilst watching the pre wedding broadcast.Started well with first pass but got a 3mm slice just under the right jawline,then a smaller decent nick to the right of the voicebox.On the second pass,very last touch up under the chin and got a good slice around 4cm in the centre. A shave like this does not deserve an image accompinament.

Semogue 1305
Haslinger Ringelblumen
Bengall
Witch Hazel
Viet Fougere

Not the worst shave but not the best I have had. Haslinger soap worked beautifully, thick and creamy lather with plenty of residual slicknesses. The blade was nice and sharp as I touched it up on the 0.5 and 0.25 micron last night whilst watching the pre-wedding broadcast. Started well with the first pass but got a 3mm slice just under the right jawline, then a smaller decent nick to the right of the voicebox. On the second pass, very last touch up under the chin and got a good slice around 4cm in the centre. A shave like this does not deserve an image accompaniment.
Looks like Freddy Krueger must have spook you behind your shoulder while shaving so you've lost your concentration and your techniques using a straight razor, don't forget to smile in front of the mirror and say BASTARD! Freddy :D

Icoxfek.jpg

Looks like Freddy Krueger must have spook you behind your shoulder while shaving so you've lost your concentration and your techniques using a straight razor, don't forget to smile in front of the mirror and say BASTARD! Freddy :D

Icoxfek.jpg
Lol.Amazing how that first ever "Nightmare" movie freaked people out way back when it was released,now I would consider it pretty poor.

It was just one of those days today.Slept in very late,for me, and just not feeling quite right had an effect on my shaving.

Lol.Amazing how that first ever "Nightmare" movie freaked people out way back when it was released, now I would consider it pretty poor.

It was just one of those days today. Slept in very late, for me, and just not feeling quite right had an effect on my shaving.
Doesn't matter. Freddy will always come after you while you're half asleep because he loves watching when someone like you picks up a straight razor, sooner or later you'll end up getting more than one cut on your face.

Like I said smile in front of the mirror because he always watching you ;)

IMG_20180519_110322-01.jpg

Vintage shave with @Sxot soap as I was off to a collectables fair in Midland. The bargain Red Tip was very well behaved. A BBS in 3 passes with neck pickups.

After using some premium unobtainable soaps like Bufflehead and Talbots, the A&G soap compares very favorably. It doesn't have that super glossy effect to the lather and maybe slickness is a tiny bit less but for the price you cannot go wrong. And I just LOVE the scent on this one.

Today shaving #UnderTheRain...

Pre: nothing
razor: Shavette The Bluebeards Revenge + Astra Green
brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
soap: APR Coeur de Vert

NdXRODG.jpg

Bloody rain didn't let me go to the scenery I chose yesterday and hat to take a few, fast pictures. At least I skipped adding the last drops of water xD

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Mysterious space tuxedo
SV Tundra Artica
Anherb balm

SV Sunday...awesome!!
First use of the SV TA soap, mind blowing!

I totally got the oud, sandalwood and the rose! A brilliant masculine scent with the perfect scent strength.

20180520_102452_01.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: WCS anodized
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (6)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower

Have a great Monday!

Great collection of shave shots today and tonight. Well done.
I found a lone, chipped blade at the bottom of the draw today so did the full bevel set, progression etc. and finished off on the Jnat Kiita Kan. 100 laps on a magnificent @Robbie d kangaroo strop. Wow.
I'm loving the real estate coverage of the gigantic Turkish boar/horse brush. Aim at your nose and the entire face is done :)
Invicta ultra full hollow 6/8"
Turkish brush
My soap
No blood and 2 pass BBS.
I could have stopped at one pass but the blade was so good !!
Finished with Lemon Myrtle in Macadamia nut oil.

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash
Balm: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

Ahhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.