Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
dtVm5LB_d.jpg

Another cold day in Melbourne....
Pre: Very hot shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy #5....
Blade: Personna Red....
Brush: TF Custom....
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite....
Post: Thayers, Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite Aftershave....
;););) looking good

ajla89.jpg

Rockwell 6S R2 w/ Polsilver (2)
Semouge 830
Declaration Grooming After the Rain Soap and Splash
TSW After Balm

I'm not to sure about the scent on this one. It's pleasant enough though. The soap performance though is amazing.

I need to start checking ingredients for menthol in splashes. This near melted me. If this is a normal menthol dose, I don't think I could handle a heavily mentholated splash and soap.

ajla89.jpg

Rockwell 6S R2 w/ Polsilver (2)
Semouge 830
Declaration Grooming After the Rain Soap and Splash
TSW After Balm

I'm not to sure about the scent on this one. It's pleasant enough though. The soap performance though is amazing.

I need to start checking ingredients for menthol in splashes. This near melted me. If this is a normal menthol dose, I don't think I could handle a heavily mentholated splash and soap.
@LukehGee After the Rain roughly smells like wet pine, maybe lavender, cedar, and something pepper to my nose and the soap doesn't have any menthol, only the aftershave has a light menthol in the bottle

JNsnzFi.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (1)
Brush: Vulfix 374
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool

So the shave itself was fairly okay, but I'm about to go for a night out with friends, and the Old Spice scent... erm.. I'd never used it before and had no idea what Old Spice smelt like, so I thought okay why not. It didn't seem so bad out of the bottle but as I rubbed it into my face (and a lot I rubbed in!), I definitely got where the 'old-timey' vibes come from. Maybe good for a day scent but note to self not to use for the night again! :)

Pre Shave: Warm water. American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil
Razor: Fatboy (4)
Blade: Astra green (5)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: A&B Cederwood
Relaxing shave using the Fatboy, achieved a DFS with little effort. Thanks for the soap @Razor Burn.

Pre Shave: Warm water. American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil
Razor: Fatboy (4)
Blade: Astra green (5)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Soap: A&B Cederwood
Relaxing shave using the Fatboy, achieved a DFS with little effort. Thanks for the soap @Razor Burn.

Lather's looking good there @Nico (y)

SOTN
Brush: Omega 22mm
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: Captain's Choice 45th Parallell

Thanks to@Kaeckerut the sample soap & @lerenau for the blades. Have a great remainder to the long weekend for those lucky enough :shame:

A superb shave with a 1958 Tanifuji.
I used a 24mm Silvertip badger with a dob of creme soap and to my surprise I was surprised!!
The creme soap tends to dry out too quickly but all in all the results are good. Just add a bit of water through the pass.
See you for another SOTD in 2 days :)

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Super Iridium (3)
Scent: Caron Yatagan

Sometimes an Artisan Soap maker goes for a theme or vibe with their soap scent, and you don't quite get it. Other times, they absolutely nail it. Well, I have no idea what a barbershop in a ghost town actually smells like, but I totally get the vibe with this scent. Little wonder it has topped a few polls on the US boards for favourite soap scent. The soap performance was also very good.
The Paladin brush is starting to loosen up a little as it breaks in. Even at this early stage, the tips are super soft and luxurious.
Three passes for a very enjoyable DFS+.

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (12)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, Peppercorns shaving soap
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, Peppercorns splash

I think I could go another week with this blade - but why? Time to freshen up the kit for tomorrow me thinks.

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (12)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, Peppercorns shaving soap
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, Peppercorns splash

I think I could go another week with this blade - but why? Time to freshen up the kit for tomorrow me thinks.
12 shave shaves so far from the Gillette Super Stainless sweet

A superb shave with a 1958 Tanifuji.
I used a 24mm Silvertip badger with a dob of creme soap and to my surprise I was surprised!!
The creme soap tends to dry out too quickly but all in all the results are good. Just add a bit of water through the pass.
See you for another SOTD in 2 days :)
Any more details on the soap? I did a search for 'Creme soap' and the results are Nivea bath soap :confused:

ijKkyEpl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Brazilian Bay Thyme
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: TI Flower pattern
Put the TI across the stones last night. The bevel looked pretty impressive under the scope so seemed a shame to touch it but it wasn't quite shaving how I like. Honed really nicely and shaved beautifully. Was really enjoying the Brazilian Bay Thyme this morning with it's spicy bay scent and the lather worked really nicely.

Pre Shave: Warm water, Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Viking 's Sword (1) Thanks for the blades @tullfan
Bowl: From the kitchen.
Soap: Proraso Green
Lazy day shave. DFS+

Status
Not open for further replies.