Not open for further replies.
IMAG0142.jpg

Brush: Omega
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Astra Green (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: APR Ozymandis
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / APR Ozymandias splash + APR balm

Awesome pre-meet up shave - thanks @Mark1966 :)

thanks for your thoughts guys it really means a lot. no sotd for me today, i was close enough yesterday that there's not much left to work on today so i'm happy to slack off and miss a days shave.

Reading your post bought a tear to my eye in many ways, my sincere condolences brother.

2exm3df.jpg

Rockwell 6S R4 w/ Polsilver (1)
Yaqi Tuxedo
Shaver Heaven Dark Lavender Soap
Chatillion Lux Champs De Lavander Splash

Great soap. This is my first go of a vegan soap. The lather just exploded and did not take much water at all. It lathered up so easy, like 3 swirls and the bowl was over flowing. I did find it did not have much post shave feel. Almost a little drying even. But I don't think that takes away from the soap.

I loved the scent! I don't have much experience with Lavender soaps (first one not counting a sample). I definitely get the "dark" part of the naming though. The aftershave wasn't a great match though, it was a lot brighter, but now it's dried it has a bit of the same.

The Chatillion Lux aftershaves are nice as well.

On another note I exercised today for the first time in 3 months! For the last 3 months I have been dealing with a bulging disc pressing on a nerve. It's improved heaps over the last two weeks and it feels great to take a bit of control again!

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi boss knot
Arran Machire
Anherb balm

Absolutely gorgeous scent on this soap! This and the Arran Lochranza were blind purchases and they are awesome!

For those who have been around long enough to remember the good GFT veggie base (after they excluded tallow), Arran lathers up pretty much like that!

20180608_101247_01.jpg

Sorry for your loss @beerhog, my condolences.

Satursay shave after 2 days shaving-free:

Pre: Myrsol emulsion
maquina: SSSeygus extrem 2016 open head
brocha: Semogue 2000
jabon: GD Ambra
locion: B&M Reserve spice

0Bjbrzp.jpg

Nice combination. Ambra is the best smelling soap from GD of those I smelled (when I bought After the fire, it was with the intention of trying duck based soap, xD). Reserve spice barely last on mi skin, so I topped up a few minutes latter with Velours Noir

Congrats to the Canberrans for thier meet today - some great posts and photos on the Social Squads thread.
And well done to that bastion of wet shaving, @Mark1966, for his stewardship yet again.
Over on the other side of the Continent, @Greenpike popped in to drop off a soap, and do some razor exchanges.
Should have taken 5 minutes, but put two wet shaving enthusiasts together, and 3 hours later...............:D
Agent 66 - you may recognise the larger bottle at the rear of the table?

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (11)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash
Balm: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

Felt like a cognac and cuban cigars morning! My dirty old Fatboy needs a clean after this I think!

Impressive work there @TomG and @Greenpike ! Continue your work here - Time for another PERTH meet up

[Yes, I do recognise that larger bottle, with great fondness!]

Last edited:
Date: 10 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

I quickly went down to my unit to make sure everything is okay because the rain was heavy, so far so good and everything seem okay (phew).

dtVm5LB_d.jpg

Another cold day in Melbourne....
Pre: Very hot shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy #5....
Blade: Personna Red....
Brush: TF Custom....
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite....
Post: Thayers, Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite Aftershave....

Status
Not open for further replies.