CB+CR Porch Drinks LE Shaving Soap
Chatillon Lux Porch Drinks LE Splash
Guerlain Héritage EDP

Date: 14 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ TSM Fougère
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Razor: Hart Steel, 5/8 Barber's notch
  3. Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
  4. Brush: Sam and Son 30mm silvertip
  5. Postshave: RazoRock Don Marco
  6. Earworm: Dreaming of You - The Coral
Another cracking shave with this razor, it seems to be getting better. Not sure how that is possible. However, due to user inexperience I did manage to take a small chunk out of my first strop this morning. I guess that's all part of the learning curve. Like the shave itself, don't rush it.

As for the soap, I really hit the nail on the head with the water:soap ratio this morning. I love the scent of this soap and managed to make an awesome lather that was shiny and slick as all hell.

As for that whirring humm that was in my head, that has not been replaced with a brand new $300 motor. No new razors for a while.

FtPjMLzh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: OSP Bay Rum
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Dorco ST 301 (1)
I had high expectations for the Dorco in the Gillette New but the experience didn't quite match. I actually ended up with a very good shave
but I had to work at it with quite a bit of cleaning up. I thought the OSP reminded me of P&B's Imperial Rum until I stuck my nose in Imperial Rum. Of course some similarities but still quite different. Maybe try a vintage Wilky in the Gillette New next.

Thursday 14th June

nWHPLvFl.jpg

Eufros Premium Agarwood
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican 5000
Al Kimiya ‘ILM
U7’s tournament today so me and the youngster are in full beast mode.
Eufros Agarwood, steady, non-offensive Agarwood soap, nice dry slightly smokey type woods. Down to my last tub of this now and I don’t think Manuel is going to make any more and that’s a shame. It took a battering from the ‘barbershop’ brigade this one, and that may have sealed it’s fate.
Frag today is Al Kimiya ‘ILM, which is the Islamic word for knowledge.
‘ILM is simply a multi-layered Oud fragrance. Indian Assam, Bangladeshi and Laos Oud. Each Oud has its own multiple facets. A loud animalic opening, this has some wonderful leathery Tobacco and rotting wood notes. There’s something fruity there which lifts this which I can’t work out yet. It’s like an aged port, like an aged port that’s sort of turned and gone a bit sour, I don’t know, it’s simple yet complicated. It doesn’t matter anyway it’s quite simply divine.
7syNaEQl.jpg

Kashmir

It’s surprising how savagely competitive these 6 year olds are. It’s refreshing to see as at schools these days it seams like everyone gets medals and certificates for taking part, it cheapens the victory and celebrates failure.

It's OK mate, I've 'liked' your post so that should build up your self esteem ;)

[Sub-text - I hope you will like my post back in return to build up mine]

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (16)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair shaving soap
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair splash

Simple, effective.

0ocMKm9l.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Ub63
Brush: Epsilon Horse
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Vintage Wilky (1)
Better shave (fairly easy DFS) with the New LC with the Wilky blade but thinking it's not the premium match. Might try the Wilky in the Slim. Gonna have to start another spreadsheet for blade/razor matches.

Brush: PAA The Green Ray
Razor: Timeless Bronze OC
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Pre: Shower
Soap: APR Fenchurch
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / APR Fenchurch splash + APR balm

Getting over a cold & nursing a few weepers but man it's worth it to smell this good :cigar:
Have a great Friday and GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.