Declaration Grooming + Chatillon Lux
Santal Auster
Soap/Splash/Extrait​

Date: 20 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #8
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Razorock Bruce synth
Bath House - Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Anherb balm

I just love Bath House shaving soaps. I have both and I feel they are very underrated!
Creamy lather and wonderfully scented!!

IMAG0147.jpg

Brush:
Omega 22mm
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: Cella
Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Rockwell balm

That's amore! Have a great night :)

Flight to Sydney yesterday for work today so taking @Mark1966 s lead and used a multiblade razor I haven’t touched for two years but is still fangin’ around in my travel gear.
Soap: Nivea
Brush: Vulfix travel
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Very uncivilised but it did a pretty good job.

I find I get a better result even with those now because of better technique, and ditching blunt carts sooner on the basis that I'm using less overall!

fSgbhOQ.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe

Think I dialled this soap in nicely tonight, felt really slick.
Oh my gosh... @Pbgoose,(re: our last discussion) I didn't realise Cologne Russe had Lanolin! I haven't used it in ages, though.

No photo, no description of tools - just a rant this morning -

How hard is it to get a working sink plug in a hotel bathroom?

They are often not provided (stolen?) but even when they are almost invariably they don't work and the water runs out of the basin. I mean, seriously, this is not a complex engineering task people - is it?

Of course you discover this AFTER you hop out of the shower and are standing there in a towel about to shave - not the time when you are wanting to invite the little old lady from housekeeping into your room.

So you have another frustrating, irritated shave.

[/rant]

Thanks all, glad to have that off my chest, I know you guys will understand. Thanks for listening.

Normal service will be resumed [at home with a decent sink plug] tomorrow
Haha, were you staying in the same hotel as me! I also had the leaky permanent plunger plug that couldn’t keep water in but as a bonus when it was in the open position water could barely drain out. Yay for home shave tomorrow.

No photo, no description of tools - just a rant this morning -

How hard is it to get a working sink plug in a hotel bathroom?

They are often not provided (stolen?) but even when they are almost invariably they don't work and the water runs out of the basin. I mean, seriously, this is not a complex engineering task people - is it?

Of course you discover this AFTER you hop out of the shower and are standing there in a towel about to shave - not the time when you are wanting to invite the little old lady from housekeeping into your room.

So you have another frustrating, irritated shave.

[/rant]

Thanks all, glad to have that off my chest, I know you guys will understand. Thanks for listening.

Normal service will be resumed [at home with a decent sink plug] tomorrow
C0E5D7D6-CDA9-4844-BDED-F8F3E89D667A_zps1yhy4uh0.jpg

Maybe you need one of these. There’s even an ACME one on top.:)
Just giving another plug for @Mark1966 s rant.:LOL:

I do get that and in this case I had a plug it was just useless.

To use a stapler in the Qantas Business Lounge you have to ask at the desk. Even the chained to the desks ones were stolen.

that's funny as I ended up having two staplers in my desk for my own use at the office, as at the printers the staplers were always either broken, or just missing, and today i realised that i only have one (not to mention a pair of headphones > 400 $ that disappeared a couple of years ago, and while reported in a range of ~ 13-14 hours between last sight of them in the cabinet and the time I realised they weren't there, no more security-recorded video was available to check). Even cheap wires or adaptors (like for a mac laptop to an extra screen) have disapeared from my working area. And for entering in ur working space you have to pass though two security card-activated check points (only one during working hours), each one with different clearance/rights, so it is not that hard to track exactly 99% of people inside a given area at any time.....

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Project Leather
Razor: UFO Tornado / ATT H2
Blade: NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (1)
Scent: Polo Green

With the ATT razor back in the stable, thought I'd go for a rare aggressive approach, using the H2 plate paired with the super sharp vintage Gillette Platinum Plus blade.
Whoa Boy! DFS after one pass, pretty much done after two. With so much extravagant Wholly Kaw lather, I finished with a few touch-up strokes. As per usual when I use an aggressive razor, I erred a little with pressure, but not too bad; a couple of tiny weepers, and a slightly scraped feel which vanished after a bit of a soak in the remnant lather. As close a shave as I've had this year, I'd say.:D

Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword blade (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Merchant of Tobacco shaving soap
Aftershave: The Stray Whisker After Balm balm
Fragrance: Miller Harris feuille de tabac EDP

Ahhhh, good to be home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.