Not open for further replies.

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Perma Sharp
  3. Razor: Charcoal Goods, Level 2, OC
  4. Soap: Stubble Trouble, Up and Adam
  5. Brush: Simpsons, Tulip 3, Manchurian
  6. Postshave: RazoRock, DonMarco
  7. Earworm: Don't Mug Yourself - The Streets
I received this soap a while back and had been reluctant to use, purely based on the scent. It smells like a hazelnut latte. I'm not really a fan of coffee scented soaps, but this was freebie. Anyway, what a great lather it provided. A 15 second load, with a good amount of water and I had enough lather for 5 passes. I completed 3 passes with BBS results. The blade felt smooth again, and this little razor was so easy to manoeuvre around the face. All in all a great shave. The soap also has a "whisper of cool" and this was really pleasant. Post shave my skin was just tingling the slightest bit. very nice. I was considering getting rid of this soap, but it's a keeper and I would not hesitate to buy one of his other soaps.

F42BAAD5-FBE1-46F9-A851-7607AC43473B_zpsrfdjizxi.jpg

Soap: Mystic Water Brown Windsor
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum Black
Very nice shave off the Gillette Black but I think BIC still takes poll position in this razor.

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi boss knot synth
Tiki - Grand Cru
Anherb balm

Tiki makes a very creamy lather and is very easy to work with. It's a fantastic base! The scent is of grape wine...very fresh!

20180621_085555_01.jpg

qbzZy0bl.jpg

Semogue Boar
Mondial Florence
VintageTech
Elios Stainless
Witch Hazel
Nivea Men
Viet Cheapie

Decent lather form the Mondial today but as mentioned previously this soap is a DE use only for me.Still,nice and slick and has a very pleasant scent but I am not experienced enough to comment on it's notes.The Elios blade is showing itself to be a good performer in the Tech and next shave with the blade I will use it in the Yaqi OC to test.
Still having connectivity issues with WiFi and phone and hopefully Samsung will get their bloody act together and sort out whatever it is in upcoming updates.'Tis the reason for poor pic as sending it is difficult at times so CBF taking one the correct orientation.

Pre Shave: Warm water. Proraso Green
Razor: Fatboy (4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: A&G Cedarwood
First use of the Nacet, some tugging but okay.

upload

Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword blade (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) P&C Limited Edition Syke Fall shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) P&C Limited Edition Syke Fall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) P&C Limited Edition Syke Fall EDT

Fantastic! Love it!

I will drive past your place @lerenau so you get a subtle waft while you wait for yours to arrive ;)

EDIT: BTW - yes it is cold today in Canberra -

Last edited:
qx9HJ7Hh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb The Black Spruce
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: TI Flower pattern
AS: Pb The Black Spruce
The TI is proving to be a reliable favourite and performed very nicely with The Black Spruce which I haven't used for a while. The scent worked really nicely with lather kept warm with the HG scuttle.

Been on the same setup all week this week.
Brush: maggard synth
Razor: 6s (6)
Blade:vintage Gillette super stainless
Cream: tobs sandlewood
Aftershave: tobs sandlewood gel.
Been enjoying this blade it feels very similar to the 7oclock yellows I normally use but seems to be slightly less smooth slightly sharper and slightly longer lasting.im glad I've experienced them but at the prices they go for I'll finish off the 2 trucks I've got and that'll be it.

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Merkur 38c
  4. Soap: P&B Spitfire
  5. Brush: Floris, pure badger
  6. Postshave: Jojoba oil + spitfire solid cologne
  7. Earworm: Common People - pulp
Nostalgic shave this morning. This razor and brush were my staple for nearly 20 years before delving headfirst into the world of wetshaving. All in all a decent shave, but on close inspection of the razor, the tolerances are just not as tight as some of my high end razors, with slight variances in the blade exposure. Still, felt great going round the face as it had been my daily driver for so long, it felt like slipping back into a comfy pair of old slippers.

Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword blade (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) P&C Limited Edition Syke Fall shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) P&C Limited Edition Syke Fall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) P&C Limited Edition Syke Fall EDT

Fantastic! Love it!

I will drive past your place @lerenau so you get a subtle waft while you wait for yours to arrive ;)

EDIT: BTW - yes it is cold today in Canberra -

Har! Awesome! :LOL:

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Muhle silvertip fibre L v2
PdP Original
Anherb balm

Awesome shave with the PdP! I love this scent!!

The muhle brush is a strange one! It looks like a tiny knot but holds so much lather without flinging it everywhere. SUPERB!!

20180622_101751_01.jpg

Date: 22 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ After the Rain
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

M7BG5Lp.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassodor
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Very pleasing first shave with the Rex and some stellar Mystic Water lather - first impressions are very positive.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

A truly fantastic shave with my Tanifuji 6/8".
Omega "big boar" and my soap.

Preshave - hot towels for about 2 minutes.
Nice consistency lather for a straight razor.
Single laser sharp pass for a very pleasant DFS.
Finished off with my Macadamia oil/Lemon myrtle mix.
Stropped the blade on leather for 50 laps to ensure the edge is dry.

All the best for your weekend.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.