Not open for further replies.
Shave #4

Cold water splash, face guard shave oil
RR monster
Squadron scramble- first face lather
Wilkinson sword classic
Wilkinson sword- German (1)
Nivea anti irritation balm, Squadron scramble aftershave

29th did same as 1st shave just changed prep to cold water splash, then the next 2 shaves added the shave oil, today tried new soap and blade with a face lather and aftershave balm. I keep getting better and better results, though I did get a few weepers with this blade but overall it seemed to perform better.

Last edited:
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' blade (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Boar/Badger combination
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash
Balm: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

Brush: PAA Green Ray 24mm
Razor: Timeless Bronze OC
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: B&M Lavender, Lime & Cedarwood
Post: Shower, B&M LLC splash + Vaseline aloe vera moisturiser cream

Have a great Sunday gents! :)

2lw7m92.jpg

Rockwell 6S R3 w/ Polsilver (3)
Semouge 830
Barrister and Mann Fougere Gothica Soap and Splash
TSW After Balm

Tried a face lather thismorning. Not to successful. The reserve lather came up slick enough but I struggled to get volume.
Face lathering is all I have done for the majority of my shaving life and the volume is nowhere near what you will get with a bowl.Bowl lather is something I am still not used to,so I do a half and half.Load brush and work on the face then work the bowl for a "top coat" and second pass.

Pre: lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 6S R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi "mysterious space" tuxedo
SC Respect - Lime Patchouli
Anherb balm

Back to face lathering today and unfortunately, I loaded way too much and couldn't get quite enough water into it.
SC takes on a lot of water so I'll load less next time.

20180701_110305_01.jpg

How do you find the Game Changer @Young Buck....

Every time I am using it I am loving it. If you read up on it people tend to say it shaves like a plate 4 on a Rockwell but feels like a plate three and I would have to agree. There is minimal blade feel but heaps of audible feedback. Very easy to get a close shave. The feel of the handle is top notch as well, however it took some getting used to coming from a Gillette twist as it is much heavier than the twist.

In short it's got my recommendation as a high quality razor that is affordable. Mine is a version 1 so don't know how the lightened head would affect the shave.

Just curious Mark, is the Personna Lab Blue the same blade that Men's Biz sell (or sold) here?
http://www.mensbiz.com.au/personna-lab-blue-super-stainless-double-edge-blades-100.html

Probably :)

The 'Lab Blue' and 'Med Prep' Personnas are the stuff of some mystery and legend. The 'Lab Blue' I have come in a different packaged box of 100 but that might easily change but are distinguishable by the blue wrapping on the individual blades.

Lab Blues changed their packaging to a plain white wrapper, though the blades are meant to be the same.
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/are-these-personna-lab-blues.536216/

Looks like there is another type of packaging available too. Not sure if it's replacing the current one.
https://www.badgerandblade.com/foru...ue-another-repackaging-blue-and-black.543586/

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman
Razor: UFO Tornado / ATT M2
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Scent: Loris Azzaro Pour Homme

Down to the mildest plate in the ATT open comb range - the M2. It is still efficient and more mid than mild. A five day growth was dispatched with ease. Three passes for a DFS+.
I enjoyed the Jamestown Gentleman scent - slightly sweet but not OTT.

Brush: TF Custom with 30mm Whipped Dog boar
Soap: Penhaligons
Razor: Karve CB (D) plate
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

With all the hype on the Karve I decided to put mine to the test. A wonderfull close shave, very confidence inspiring. I was going to use the Karve earlier in the year for the February one razor, one blade challenge but decided not to at the last minute. Wrong again, it would have been a great choice.

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' blade (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch balm
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Early morning shave to drop Mrs Mark1966 at the airport. Two weeks as a solo parent while she is at 'Space Camp' in the USA.

Brush - Razorock Big Bruce
Soap - Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime
Razor - Rockwell 6s R5 & R3
Blade - Voskhod (5)
Aftershave - AP Reserve Ozymandias

Only second time using the R5 plate this morning. Did first two passes with it. Very very close shave but did knick myself on lower cheek near the chin. Swapped to R3 my usual driver for final touch up pass and felt like no blade was there (nothing to cut perhaps?). Ended with a BBS regardless.

I’ve also managed to nail this soap which is a surprise after struggling with C&E in my early days of wet shaving. Fair to say that my prior experience turned me off buying soaps and instead I’d go for creams as I couldn’t get a good lather when starting out. I didn’t know soaps were much softer and not like the hard puck of C&E or DR Harris. So many missed years of enjoyment :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.