Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
FHVhJgN.jpg

Great shot (y)(y)(y)

Jg6ERvxl.jpg

Wonderful first use of the A & G Soapworks VPS! Haven’t gotten around to using it before now but it gave a nice lather for a BBS 3 pass shave. Also used the Oxymandias splash which is amazing in itself.
Blade today was the Voskhod and the R3 plate.

Enjoy your Friday shaves, gents!

IMAG0166.jpg

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: Karve (D plate) + WCS brass handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: Tabula Rasa Dezember

2nd shave with the Karve and still mastering the angle. Very smooth and 2 pass near BBS with some growth on the neck area's. Might try it with an Astra or Nacet once I get the hang of it but a very comfortable shave. Love the slickness of the soap and the scent is wonderful :) Happy shaves!

gxygm1cl.jpg

Soap: P&B Baskerville
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: TI Bijou De France
Was keen to try Baskerville again and compare it to Pb Mirrors & Smoke. They're definitely related, Baskerville being the refined city slicker, polite and maybe annoyingly so, Mirrors and Smoke being the likeable loud mouthed cousin from the country who will tell you what they think even if you don't want to hear it.
Was enjoying the shave until I buried the point of the blade into my left cheek under my ear. Some minor toe grinding is now scheduled for the next honing.

Razor: ss general
Blade: p 30
Soap: Stirling grapefruit
Brush: maggard synth
Early morning start today so shaved at 3.45 and was still half asleep but managed a nice shave except for completely forgeting to put splash on.the menthol in the soap reminded me in no uncertain terms how cold it is at the moment.

lyWnHt5l.jpg

Semogue 1305, Proraso, Yaqi OC/Ballend, Elios, Witch Hazel, Viet Cheap'n'Smelly
Further testing of the Elios blade.Had a few days growth and I know the Yaqi head can handle it and coupled with the Elios had a nice and comfortable two passes.I am going to test a few other brands over the coming months so will decide on the three I wish to keep in my rotation, and so far these will definitely be considered.

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 6C R5 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Purple Haze - synbad knot
Washpool Farm Lanolin
Alum/Dindi Natural oil

I'm still using totally unscented products so went with the Washpool lanolin soap. What a wonderful soap!

I made a bowl lather today after like 8 years! Oh man, what an awesome lather! It was so rich and creamy.

An empty wooden soap bowl made the perfect vessel for the task!!

20180629_101307_01.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm water. Crew shave oil.
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley Razor C
Blade: Astra green (2)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1.
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic.
Soap: APR Skye Fall.

images upload

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' blade (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Boar/Badger combination
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkykeFall shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkyeFall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkyeFall EDP

Nice return home shave

Last edited:
ltjtfL1h.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Kaolin Pimento Silk
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: TI Bijou de France
AS: Pb Pimento Silk
Put the TI back on the stones last night and it was a different razor today. Much smoother shave than yesterday. I don't know how many times I ran the point of the toe across the stones but I couldn't discern a change in shape under the scope, a testament to the hardness of TI's carbonsong. It was obviously enough to avoid the recurrence of yesterdays incident, it felt much less likely to bite from the toe end. I haven't used this soap for a while and enjoyed the sweet spiciness. The lather performed well with the TI.

Status
Not open for further replies.