Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about an amazing shave :) . For some reason I didn't shave for seven days so had a really good chance to try a new freshly honed Russian 11/16" straight that was made as a general run of the mill everyday blade in 1957. This blade is almost a full hollow and shaves very smoothly. The wonder of a straight is whisker length doesn't slow down a good blade. No clogging and an effortless shave.

I'm pleased with my latest soap with Kaolin, Bentonite and silk. With the right amount of water it is excellent for straight shaving.
The Omega boar created a rich lather and of course the Russian did its thing to give a clean DFS in one pass with 7 days growth.

I must have a den clean out one day of GEM's Schicks and all the blades I have for them.

Enjoy your weekend. I may brew a Scottish Ale over this weekend - or make soap :)

Steve

Talk about an amazing shave :) . For some reason I didn't shave for seven days so had a really good chance to try a new freshly honed Russian 11/16" straight that was made as a general run of the mill everyday blade in 1957. This blade is almost a full hollow and shaves very smoothly. The wonder of a straight is whisker length doesn't slow down a good blade. No clogging and an effortless shave.

I'm pleased with my latest soap with Kaolin, Bentonite and silk. With the right amount of water it is excellent for straight shaving.
The Omega boar created a rich lather and of course the Russian did its thing to give a clean DFS in one pass with 7 days growth.

I must have a den clean out one day of GEM's Schicks and all the blades I have for them.

Enjoy your weekend. I may brew a Scottish Ale over this weekend - or make soap :)

Steve
certainly the perfect weather for a wee heavy.or two.im looking at an imperial stout for my next brew to put down in bottles for next year.

Date: 30 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Colonia Balsamica
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / ASCO Super Stainless (orange) #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Pre: lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 6S R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Timber Wolf
Beta artisan soap
Anherb balm

Another awesome bowl lather! It takes twice as long as face lathering but the lather feels much more ready and optimally hydrated.

20180630_104710_01.jpg

IMDHKpHl.jpg

Semogue Boar, Mitchells Wool Fat, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Nivea Men, Old Spice Musk
Lazy Saturday afternoon shave and the Bengall is nice and sharp.I tried a bit more water with the MWF last time and again today used even more and ended with a very slick lather about as close to perfect as I could want for a straight shave.The blade felt smooth as it glided nicely over the skin and left me clean after two passes.

3f3H0lH_d.jpg

Pre: Hot shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Turn-N-Shave....
Soap: APR Skye Fall....

MMMMMMMMMagnificent....

3f3H0lH_d.jpg

Pre: Hot shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Turn-N-Shave....
Soap: APR Skye Fall....

MMMMMMMMMagnificent....

Great shot!

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' blade (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Boar/Badger combination
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SykeFall shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SykeFall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SykeFall EDP

Nice return home shave

Just curious Mark, is the Personna Lab Blue the same blade that Men's Biz sell (or sold) here?
http://www.mensbiz.com.au/personna-lab-blue-super-stainless-double-edge-blades-100.html

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Gillette Slim (5)
Blade: Astra green (4)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Coolabah

I picked up the slim from a deceased estate auctions a little while ago and it looks new/unused, not bad for $41.
First shave with slim, performance was outstanding, so smooth, zero irritation, two passes and touch up = BBS.

thumbnail

Pre-shave: Shower, Bloom water
Brush: Razorock Monster
Soap: Wolfpac Alpha Male
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Alum, Nivea 2 phase, Gucci Guilty

My first ever DE shave and my birthday to boot! If it's only going to get better from here on in you can count me in. Got a bit of razor burn, no nicks, as good as any shave I've had with cartridge and I found the angle pretty easy to keep though a little tricky going from chin to neck.
Happy belated birthday a d congratulations on your first DE shave (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.