Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre - Warm water
Brush - Big Bruce
Soap - B&M Reserve Cool (sample)
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade - Voskhod (3)
Post - Alum then Floid Vigoroso

Much better shave today ending with a DFS. Nice scent from this soap sample but the base appears slightly different from my full tubs of the classic and spice i have. Can't put my finger on it as to why, yet.
First time in ages i thought i'd check the feedback with some alum and it was pretty damn good.

I’m crazy about the Skye Fall and don’t have an opinion on the Treet as I haven’t tried....
The yeah nahhhh was to sending our Skye Falls to Canberra - I processed request for a nano second....lol

You gave it THAT long ;)

You have to admit that they would be right at home here!

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Treet blade (1)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'H2' boar
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkyeFall shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkyeFall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkyeFall EDT

I wanted to treet myself this morning with a blade I've not used for ages.

As @JohnB413 says the SkyeFall is a great winter scent - so you should all send yours to Canberra -

I lived in Jindabyne in the mid 80's for a while. Don't miss the serious cold one bit.

IMG_20180711_071910-01.jpg

Thinking of shaver heaven.

I lived in Jindabyne in the mid 80's for a while. Don't miss the serious cold one bit.
Canberra is a great city. But the things I dislike most are:
- it's good enough to snow... But doesn't.
- it's hot enough for the beach... But we're land-locked.
*sigh*

But, it's a great place.

Edit: Auto correct

Pre - Warm water
Brush - Big Bruce
Soap - B&M Reserve Cool (sample)
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade - Voskhod (3)
Post - Alum then Floid Vigoroso

Much better shave today ending with a DFS. Nice scent from this soap sample but the base appears slightly different from my full tubs of the classic and spice i have. Can't put my finger on it as to why, yet.
First time in ages i thought i'd check the feedback with some alum and it was pretty damn good.

Curious about what your lather technique for the B&M Reserve was? I do a short 10-15 second load with a fairly wet brush, and it's slick enough but - like another poster mentioned earlier - it doesn't get as creamy or dense as other soaps.

The scent is indeed fantastic though.

KdxYUzql.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Wolfpac Silk Road
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Razor: Takehana
AS: Pb Bay/Lime
Honed the Takehana last night. Looked like it had previously been honed on a natural which initially looked pretty good under scope but bevel was under-formed on heel due to warping. Reset bevel with Atoma 1200 then went from there. Thought it was going to be a pain in the backside to hone as I had to apply pressure for heel to contact but it honed really nicely. Was surprised at how quickly it coloured the stones. Provided a very pleasant shave.
Very happy with the new brush. Will be even happier when it loses the animal odour. Using a 21mm is like going from 2B pencil to HB but it has a pleasing amount of backbone, no troubles lathering, good flowthrough, and the smaller knot makes for more control on lather placement on the face.

Curious about what your lather technique for the B&M Reserve was? I do a short 10-15 second load with a fairly wet brush, and it's slick enough but - like another poster mentioned earlier - it doesn't get as creamy or dense as other soaps.

The scent is indeed fantastic though.
I load for about 20-25 secs with a damp brush. Just enough to just start seeing the lather go gooey and "almost" stringy. From there i face lather while constantly adding water to the tips of the brush.

You are correct that it doesn't want to go super creamy or dense (like for example, APR will). I'll persist regardless with subtle method changes til i hit the nail on the head! (y)

I load for about 20-25 secs with a damp brush. Just enough to just start seeing the lather go gooey and "almost" stringy. From there i face lather while constantly adding water to the tips of the brush.

You are correct that it doesn't want to go super creamy or dense (like for example, APR will). I'll persist regardless with subtle method changes til i hit the nail on the head! (y)

Cool, basically the same as my current method. Tbh I'm starting to think that the dense, thick lather doesn't make all that much difference, at least for daily shaving - although it's nice to look at.

Let me know if you figure it out in any case!

Date: 11 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Asian Plum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Rapira Super Stainless #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- N/A

WOW, :wideyed: I love the smell of Ariana & Evans Asian Plum is not very strong or overpowering scent and it smells very relaxing kinda like a Chocolate Spice Plum pudding to my nose, I didn't know the soap has Goats Milk and the soap has given my face a wonderful soft smooth and excellent post shave feel.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Gillette Sliver Blue (1)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Mike's Barber Shop
First use of the Gillette Blue. Nice comfortable shave. Two passes and done, DFN.

Pre: lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi mysterious space tuxedo
Fine Lavender
Anherb balm

Amazing shave today!!
What a lovely scent on the Fine soap...a cologne type lavender as opposed to the 4 straight lavender scented soaps in my rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.