Guerlain Héritage EDP

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Derby
  3. Razor: Charcoal Goods, Level 1 closed comb, Bishop handle
  4. Soap: Phoenix and Beau, Spitfire
  5. Brush: Floris, pure Badger
  6. Postshave: Jojoba oil + Spitfire wax
  7. Earworm: Jumping Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
Lovely shave this morning. Only needed 2 passes after yesterday's BBS shave. Really light touch with this level 1 plate and a great result. Awesome lather from this great soap, as always.

9FRREKDl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool

Nice shave and a reminder to maybe stop faffing about with different blades so much and stick with one or two in order to get to know them better. :)

SOTN 19/07/18
IMAG0177.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Permasharp (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Pre: Shower
Soap: Wolfpac Ice Pac :(

A sentimental BBS with one of the first soap's I ever bought - sad to see Wolfpac leave our community :cry: Lots of creamy, soothing lather and the blade paired well, resulting in a super smooth and efficient shave in 3 easy passes. If only ever shave was this easy and nice... Have a great Friday & happy shaves!

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' blade (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving cream
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

We all know that @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau makes great soaps, solid performance and really nice scent profiles. Those of you who have tried the solid cologne know how good that is too.

So I expected that the 'Botanically Inspired Post Shave Lotion' would be high quality as well, and was not disappointed! While I confess that 'Botanically Inspired' sounds a little like marketing wankery the ingredients certainly work well for a soothing post-shave feel, without being greasy. From the website -

Its alcohol free formula calms post shave sensitivity with extracts of aloe vera, witch hazel, cacay oil, willowbark extract and meadowfoam seed oil.

OK, fine - just means it works great to me, and can be posted internationally! A winner in my books. Now I just wish I'd gotten two ...

Wednesday shave:
Brush - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Soap - TOBS Almond Cream
Razor - Rockwell 6s (2)
Blade - Polsilver (1)
Aftershave - Proraso green balm

Thursday shave:
Brush - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Soap - TOBS Almond Cream
Razor - Rockwell 6s (2)
Blade - Polsilver (2)
Aftershave - AP Reserve Ozymandias

Today’ Shave:

FR17cPrl.jpg

Brush - Razorock Big Bruce
Soap - AP Reserve Skye Fall
Razor - Rockwell 6s (2)
Blade - Polsilver (3)
Aftershave - AP Reserve Skye Fall

As you can see, have dialed back on the Rockwell plate and been getting very good shave from it. Can do lots of buffing with zero irritation. Revisited the TOBS since it’s been months since last use. It’s good but I find soaps superior.

Have a great Friday everyone!

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Derby
  3. Razor: ATT, Bamboo handle, Windsor Copper Baseplate, R
  4. Soap: APR Skye Fall
  5. Brush: Sam and Son 30mm silvertip
  6. Postshave: jojoba oil and Skye Fall splash
  7. Earworm: Unfuck the World - Prophets Of Rage
Lovely shave this morning and all that you need to know about Skye Fall was summed up by my four year old when I went downstairs. "What's that lovely smell?"

9xaDnTHh.jpg

Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend
Brush: SOC Boar
Razor: Damascus
Most brushes I'm not really fussed about the 'breaking in' but this one will definitely benefit from several uses. Playing the 'away' game so didn't do the soap justice without the normal gear but it's good soap so could 'work around'. All up, a very nice shave, the last honing has this blade singing so I'm enjoying it at the moment.

RqRCAY0l.jpg

Proraso Green Pre
Omega #49 Boar
Head Slick Cream
Rockwell 6S R5
Astra Green
Thayers
Proraso Green Balm/Splash

Pulled this cream from the back of the cupboard this morning. Been a long time since it had a run out and I wasn't disappointed.
It produces a lovely thick, creamy lather...very slick, and with a nice tinge of menthol thrown into the mix.
Makes for a great shave.

(I would include a hyperlink to the lather shot over in 'Lather Shots'...but I haven't a bloody clue how that's done...:banghead:)
EDIT: Hey @no47 Click on the post number, in this case #1710 in the lather shots thread, a pop up appears. Selecting the BB Code Link Snippet gets this - Lather Shots

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.