Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Slim (5)
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Coolabah

Back from a weeks leave. Nice shave with the Slim, two passes and a touch up = BBS.
Have a good one gents.

Pre-shave: Cold Water rinse
Brush: Custom wood with 24mm silver tip badger
Soap: Mitchell’s wool fat
Razor: 6/8th Dovo Mammut
Post-shave:- Czech & Speake No 88
Definitely my most exspesive shave to date
ofJp6pR.jpg

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' blade (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving cream
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

We all know that @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau makes great soaps, solid performance and really nice scent profiles. Those of you who have tried the solid cologne know how good that is too.

So I expected that the 'Botanically Inspired Post Shave Lotion' would be high quality as well, and was not disappointed! While I confess that 'Botanically Inspired' sounds a little like marketing wankery the ingredients certainly work well for a soothing post-shave feel, without being greasy. From the website -

Its alcohol free formula calms post shave sensitivity with extracts of aloe vera, witch hazel, cacay oil, willowbark extract and meadowfoam seed oil.

OK, fine - just means it works great to me, and can be posted internationally! A winner in my books. Now I just wish I'd gotten two ...
Thanks Mark, the "marketing wankery" genuinely made me laugh out loud :) Glad you're enjoying our wares still and thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Kerry.

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' blade (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash
Balm: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

In no particular order --

wPmdiEZ.jpg

Korrat 14-2.0
Kanayama Cordovan #80000
Simpsons Duke 3 in Sapphire
Pre Proraso green
Soap Poraso Green
Finish Proraso Aftershave green

pPv9RSzl.jpg

Semogue Boar, Haslinger Ringelblumen, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Nivea, Jovan Musk
It's been a few days between shaves and as usual the Bengall handled the task admirably.Another slick,thick lather from the Haslinger allowing the blade to glide easily with plenty of residual slickness for touch ups.A relaxing two pass shave.
It's been a busy week,purchasing a 2001 Ford AU Fairmont on Sunday,previously owned by one older fellow since new and immaculately maintained and serviced since.Disappointed to retire the LTD,but finding a working transmission for a reasonable monetary exchange was not possible.Very strange how a six cylinder full sized sedan feels like a small car after the V8 limousine.
So transport sorted,and can now get back into our twice weekly training routine in town which we have missed.

Pre-shave: Cold Water rinse
Brush: Custom wood with 24mm silver tip badger
Soap: Mitchell’s wool fat
Razor: 6/8th Dovo Mammut
Post-shave:- Czech & Speake No 88
Definitely my most exspesive shave to date
ofJp6pR.jpg

ROxIfsHl.jpg

Soap: Pb Carronoki
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: Damascus
AS: Pb The Black Spruce
Fine shave, the Damascus is still singing nicely, and the Semogue was much more comfortable this morning.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

e8smrb.jpg

Rockwell 6S R2 w/ Feather (2)
Yaqi Tuxedo
Southern Witchcrafts Arcane Abyss Soap and Splash

Soap lathered up fantastically. Had a good bit of slickness to it. I feel it lacked a bit in post shave feel though when compared to Declaration and the APR F2 bases. But I would still rate it up there with the next tier down from them two. It did feel a bit light though. This is the second vegan soup I have tried and I got the same feel from the other one as well.

The splash was good as well. I did not expect the menthol like burn I got from it (I'm not sure if there is menthol in it - I have not checked the ingredients). It was soothing and my face feels smooth even a few hours after without feeling oily.

I love the scent. I would describe it as a dark coastal smell. It's what I imagine the Iron Islands would smell like. I think there description suits it will. A darks gods ritual on a beach. There is a lot going on in this scent, I think it's somthing that will change as you use it more

Soap lathered up fantastically. Had a good bit of slickness to it. I feel it lacked a bit in post shave feel though when compared to Declaration and the APR F2 bases. But I would still rate it up there with the next tier down from them two. It did feel a bit light though. This is the second vegan soup I have tried and I got the same feel from the other one as well.

Awesome man, I hear a bunch of good things about Southern Witchcrafts. I'd love to see you do a full review of the soap after a few more shaves and I am sure others would too.

Date: 22 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Vintage Sir Irisch Moos Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Dorco Red ST 301 #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- N/A
Whisky:- Dimple 15yrs Old :happy:

Last edited:
1DPpYokl.jpg

Pre: Cold Water
Brush: RR 400
Soap: Stirling Gin & Tonic on the Rocks
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin(8)

I probably won't post too many shave of the days for the next few weeks as my setup will not change at all until I get back to Australia.
Absolutely loving the menthol on these hot and humid days in Nepal.

One interesting thing I have found is that after shaving for a few weeks I am getting quality shaves with no prep whatsoever. At home I would normally shower, wash and exfoliate my face and then apply some kind of preshave. Here it is literally cold water splashed on face and go.

Happy Shaves All!

Status
Not open for further replies.