Not open for further replies.
j2HJJJHl.jpg

Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: Aussie Spoiler (1)
Soap: Valobra Menthol
A/S: Nivea 2 Phase
Cologne: GFT Ajaccio Violets

Really not a fan of the Nivea 2 Phase. It's works well enough but feels far to oily and greasy for me.
Valobra soft soap doesn't seem to get much love these days but for me it's great, a little pricey, but lathers and performs with the best.
That's ok @Nightguard keep trying your get it in the end.............:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

Pre-shave: Somersets face wash
Brush: EJ28
Soap/Cream: Proraso white
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Post-shave: Styptic, alum, Thayers cucumber- tea tree oil, Somersets face balm, Somersets moisturiser

A good 2 pass with a little irritation, nailed the lather. Now I just need to get it right every time.

Brush: RR 400
Face: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver S/I (5)
Head: Headblade Moto
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Face lather
Soap: Squadron's Group Captain's Blend
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Squadron's Group Captain's Blend splash

Smooth, fresh, devine pre-work shave with the 'delicious' soap. Mmm vanilla.... :) Have a great Monday!

SAEIXhbl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum

This past week was a really, really bad one for me, just a lot of personal issues that I've struggled to deal with. But if the quality of this shave is any sort of indicator, maybe things can start improving in the near future.

Saturday morning shave:
JGGPeiQl.jpg

Thanks to @J.Mac for the soap (y)
The scent is different but it grew on me quickly and the performance was very good.

Monday morning shave:
pNXYe93l.jpg

With two days growth I went with plate 5 for the first pass and plate 3 for the remainder and had a very close shave. I do enjoy using the PAA soap (y)

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream:
Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor:
Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance:
Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Z3r7wab.jpg

Valobra
SV 29mm
WolfmanG+UFO Colibri
Feather
B&M Fougère Gothique

So as many of us know my good friend @alfredus is quite easily Australia's largest Metallica
rJGQmTV.gif
fanatic. Given the shave set today I thought I'd share some of the metal I like and see how he thinks it measures up. Yes I know, you probably would never pick it but I am a huge Swiss and Scando Folk and Pirate metal fan :bag:

l6cnMYdh.jpg

Soap: Pb MnM
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Gillette New LOC
Blade: Nacet (3 and out)
The MnM is a very resilient soap in that it recovers very well from too much water into a very thick lather with lots of cushion. I believe this is due to the Palm oil content in the base.
The Nacet pairs well with the New as long as passes and buffing are kept to a minimum. Efficiency isn't quite up to what the irritation potential might suggest. I do enjoy pulling out the New occasionally.

Last edited:
SAEIXhbl.jpg

This past week was a really, really bad one for me, just a lot of personal issues that I've struggled to deal with. But if the quality of this shave is any sort of indicator, maybe things can start improving in the near future.
Hang in there mate.No matter what happens and how shitty things can seem,things do get better.

SAEIXhbl.jpg

Yeah mate just keep grinding it out, take the little joys that are there to be had, like that awesome looking SOTD! Things will turn.

Cheers guys and you're completely right, I think you just have to focus on the positive people and aspects in your life at times like these.
I'm told these "bumps in the road" are what make life "interesting"... But it doesn't stop me from reserving the right to complain about it.

I find this simple rule helps me a lot: "Don't make big decisions when things are bad"
I had a terrible habit of making life much harder for myself with my knee-jerk reactions.

Either way, I hope things look up for you soon. If I lived closer I'd buy you a beer/coffee.

SAEIXhbl.jpg

Hang in there mate. There is more to life than this moment, it will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.