Not open for further replies.
IMAG0207.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Face: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Polsilver S/I (65)
Head: Headblade Ghost
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Bloom lather bowl
Soap: APR Ozymandias

Bloody marvellous! Have a great Tuesday :)

5Z094xXl.jpg

BBS shave with 3 passes today with I think the 4th use of the Voskhod and it’s still going strong! Loving the Dapper Doc soap and it feels like ages since using the Proraso splash. It really does leave my fave feeling great!

0Waxyr8h.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Soap by Luna - Geranio
Brush: SOC Boar
Razor: Blackbird (Compliments of Snooze)
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (3)
What a marvellous piece of shaving engineering. Thank you @Snooze for the loan. The aesthetics of this thing are captivating. The level of aggressiveness is satisfying. I'm claiming BBS first shave. I can see why some people shy away from the OC Blackbird as the sharpness of the teeth can make the shave feel less smooth but I like the dynamic of OC's. If the angle of attack is maintained correctly then it's not a problem.
After one shave the negotiations have started.
'You don't need another razor'. Yesterday my wife asked what I would like for fathers day. Not hard to guess what razor I showed her a picture of.:)

Last edited:
0Waxyr8h.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Soap by Luna - Geranio
Brush: SOC Boar
Razor: Blackbird (Compliments of Snooze)
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (3)
What a marvellous piece of shaving engineering. Thank you @Snooze for the loan. The aesthetics of this thing are captivating. The level of aggressiveness is satisfying. I'm claiming BBS first shave. I can see why some people shy away from the OC Blackbird as the sharpness of the teeth can make the shave feel less smooth but I like the dynamic of OC's. If the angle of attack is maintained correctly then it's not a problem.
After one shave the negotiations have started.
'You don't need another razor'. Yesterday my wife asked what I would like for fathers day. Not hard to guess what razor I showed her a picture of.:)
Nice pic @Pbgoose ! My Blackbird never looks as good in my SOTD !!
I know some have said that the OC teeth are a little "sharp" but Ive never had an issue. The handle on the Blackbird is also fantastic - never gets slippery and perfect balance. Enjoy!

New soap today fresh opened from Razorock. Along with of course Floid from Con TSW. My favourite razor RW 6c and Mondial Pre Shave. The Shave Brush is custom something I put together myself Olive Wood Handle & mixed Badger Boar knot. The Gillette blades are vintage
FubEDuF.jpg

Progress @3 w/Polsilver
Yaqi two band badger
Aussie artisan beta test soap
Nivea sensitive splash

This brush has softened up very nicely! The tips are luxurious but the scrub from the density is still there and very nice!
The splay is very natural and doesn't require too much effort to make it splay.

The soap performed wonderfully! Left my skin feeling fantastic!

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Karve, Christopher Bradley, C Plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend
Nice relaxing shave after another hectic day. It's the little things that make a big difference. :)

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream:
Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor:
Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: No time
Fragrance:
No time

Well the shave this morning was 'interesting'.

I slept through my alarm. Never happened before and I'm away with a colleague interstate for training.

I have to be out of the house in 7 minutes to have a chance to catch my flight. No time for shower, deodourant and a sweet smile.

Can't not shave, so the brush gets waved under the tap, mashed into the soap and onto my face. A quick one (half?) pass and I'm getting dressed and out the door.

No post shave, no BBS, a few patches I can feel but not obvious. Overall a horrible effort - but not much worse than a cart ...

I caught the plane and get to shave another day!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: No time
Fragrance: No time

Well the shave this morning was 'interesting'.

I slept through my alarm. Never happened before and I'm away with a colleague interstate for training.

I have to be out of the house in 7 minutes to have a chance to catch my flight. No time for shower, deodourant and a sweet smile.

Can't not shave, so the brush gets waved under the tap, mashed into the soap and onto my face. A quick one (half?) pass and I'm getting dressed and out the door.

No post shave, no BBS, a few patches I can feel but not obvious. Overall a horrible effort - but not much worse than a cart ...

I caught the plane and get to shave another day!

Not to worry, it happens to the best (and worst) of us. A few months ago I slept through my alarm really badly and only woke up when I noticed that the sun was shining, which is when it dawned on me that it was definitely not 6am in mid-winter. Tomorrow's shave should be all the more special at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.