44372692691_5a3928fe25_c.jpg

Prep: Shower
Brush: Rockwell Synth
Soap: Declaration Grooming Bandwagon
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Persona Platinum
Splash: Proraso Green

3fzLZpBl.jpg

Only got myself a SAS today with this soap. Particularly on the neck it’s not very good. Will give it a few more goes before deciding to scrap the red.

Have a good weekend everyone (y)
Load the brush really heavy with the Proraso,and work the lather like your life depends on it but don't over hydrate.For me it is a face lather soap only,no bowl work at all.

iBgbcYOl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4/R2)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool

Thought I'd try something different and switched to the two plate for the final pass. It's ultimately too mild for me but a nice option to have for a more carefree shave. Maybe the R3 is a good compromise.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

no photo today as for some reason my imgur is not working.
  1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Feather
  3. Razor: Merkur 38 D
  4. Soap: D.R. Harris - Marlborough cream
  5. Brush: Omega boar
  6. Postshave: hot shower
  7. Earworm: Waling on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
I know that this goes against the perceived wisdom of having a hot shower before you shave, but I decided to try it the other way around today and was pleased with the results and face feel. A good soak of the whiskers pre shave, with some soap and I was ready to roll. Lovely two pass shave with my old Merkur.

So I've joined the Karve Klub... F plate glory too.
IMG_20180831_114629-01.jpg

Verdict? Very good! No weepers and a very smooth experience considering the scarey blade gap number. This is nowhere near as bitey as my R41 for those interested (and I love the R41).

I'm not blown away yet in amazeballs like @Cris as, while it was brilliant BBS on my face, the CB was less efficient on my neck. I wasn't using the best angle there till the third pass and that's probably the reason. I need to play more with the geometry and be a bit more mindful.

I like the weight but I should have got the 3" handle - that would have been perfect. The 3.5" is a tad too long for my ideal and so I'll be trying some alternative handles out too.

This would be a great razor for a newbie too - difficult to nick yourself badly.

So I've joined the Karve Klub... F plate glory too.
IMG_20180831_114629-01.jpg

Verdict? Very good! No weepers and a very smooth experience considering the scarey blade gap number. This is nowhere near as bitey as my R41 for those interested (and I love the R41).

I'm not blown away yet in amazeballs like @Cris as, while it was brilliant BBS on my face, the CB was less efficient on my neck. I wasn't using the best angle there till the third pass and that's probably the reason. I need to play more with the geometry and be a bit more mindful.

I like the weight but I should have got the 3" handle - that would have been perfect. The 3.5" is a tad too long for my ideal and so I'll be trying some alternative handles out too.

This would be a great razor for a newbie too - difficult to nick yourself badly.

F plate! (y) Did you get any other plates as well? Interested that you rate F less bitey than the R41. What about comparative aggression?

F plate! (y) Did you get any other plates as well? Interested that you rate F less bitey than the R41. What about comparative aggression?

I also have the D plate but I'll try and master the F before I try that one. The CB with F installed is definately less aggressive than the R41 because there is much less blade feel. But on the face it is probably close to the R41 in terms of efficiency. The neck is not as close so far but I'm putting that down to user error.

I also have the D plate but I'll try and master the F before I try that one. The CB with F installed is definitely less aggressive than the R41 because there is much less blade feel. But on the face, it is probably close to the R41 in terms of efficiency. The neck is not as close so far but I'm putting that down to user error.
Have you tried Rockwell using R6 base plate is also less aggressive than the R41, as long as you watch your angle during the shaves otherwise it can bite you.

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Timeless , S/S 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend
Superb shave to finish the working week.

I knew you would win this ‘pissing’ competition (so to speak) but I am a little disturbed that you have photos so readily at hand!

Shave but no pics this morning - shave, early start and onboard about to fly back to CBR for a full day of meetings until 7:30 [sigh]. Roll on the weekend.
:ROFLMAO:.

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
machine: Weber/UFO
blade: Gillette Silver Blue
brush: BSB2 silvertip
soap: Byluna foroafeitado 2018 L.E.
splash: Alfredus choice

tax4IOX.jpg

mmm, so that's the @alfredus splash? interesting :whistle:

Very nice shave with a very nice products. I cut myself (not happened for a while) but I am still alive, so no worries at all.
There were some cool lather today.

Status
Not open for further replies.