Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Coolabah

Date: 31 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Cherry Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Derby (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'E' / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- None
Whisky:- A nice good drink of Johnnie Walker Black Label Sherry Edition 12yo

SOTD 30/10/18
Brush: RR 400
Head: Yaqi DOC+ RR bamboo handle
Razor: Yaqi DOC+ RR bamboo handle
Blade: Rockwell (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Head / Face
Soap: RR xXx

Smooth, slick, effortless head & face shave with what truly is a delightful DE. Shame about the slight blade over hang as I'd happily use it each time (y) Happy shaves! :sleep:

Shave of the days

Monday
2ez64nm.jpg

Karve 'B' w/ Kai (2)
Mondial1908 Boar
Noble Otter The Trail Soap & Splash

Wednesday
a5fhva.jpg

Karve 'B' w/ Kai (3)
Mondial1908 Boar
Squadron Soap Dispatch Rider Soap
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Swapped the 3 inch Karve handle with a 3.5 inch handle thanks to @Errol. Lot more weight to this. I think it will be better shaves once I adjust.

Not sure what I prefer between the Nivea balm or the TSW after balm. What others preferences?

Shave of the days

Monday
2ez64nm.jpg

Karve 'B' w/ Kai (2)
Mondial1908 Boar
Noble Otter The Trail Soap & Splash

Wednesday
a5fhva.jpg

Karve 'B' w/ Kai (3)
Mondial1908 Boar
Squadron Soap Dispatch Rider Soap
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Swapped the 3 inch Karve handle with a 3.5 inch handle thanks to @Errol. Lot more weight to this. I think it will be better shaves once I adjust.

Not sure what I prefer between the Nivea balm or the TSW after balm. What others preferences?

What Aftershave do you pair with Dispatch Rider?

uTjOPBC.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Karve ‘D’ Plate....
Blade: PolSilver....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger....
Soap: AP Reserve Florian....

Mmmmmm....

Pre - Hot shower
Brush - Razorock Big Bruce
Soap - D.R. Harris Windsor
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade - Personna Red (1)
Post - Proraso Green splash

I weighed this soap a while ago and it was 80g. It was used on and off back when i first started DE shaving but never enjoyed it as the lather in my brush would always dissipate so fast (ppffff Novices huh?) Yet i always loved the scent. Fast forward to now and after taking to it with a kitchen grater (shhh - its been in the dishwasher since!), its nicely compacted into its wooden tub and i lathered the sh!t out of it. Holy cr@pola!!! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed: Did it make a fine lather!!!! Maybe 90 seconds loading up, and then another 60 at most on the face before consistency was top notch :whistle:.

The blade - well, lets just say it isnt the finest i have, but i still have around 50 so they need using.

I think i'm going to use this soap until its finished as this is my oldest soap in my den. I know it would probably last 40 years without turning bad, but i bought it for a reason. In fact, nostalgia kicking in - i recall that this was the first thing i bought from the @MensBiz brick & mortar store in Melb cbd when it first opened up!

Pre - Hot shower
Brush - Razorock Big Bruce
Soap - D.R. Harris Windsor
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade - Personna Red (1)
Post - Proraso Green splash

I weighed this soap a while ago and it was 80g. It was used on and off back when i first started DE shaving but never enjoyed it as the lather in my brush would always dissipate so fast (ppffff Novices huh?) Yet i always loved the scent. Fast forward to now and after taking to it with a kitchen grater (shhh - its been in the dishwasher since!), its nicely compacted into its wooden tub and i lathered the sh!t out of it. Holy cr@pola!!! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed: Did it make a fine lather!!!! Maybe 90 seconds loading up, and then another 60 at most on the face before consistency was top notch :whistle:.

The blade - well, lets just say it isnt the finest i have, but i still have around 50 so they need using.

I think i'm going to use this soap until its finished as this is my oldest soap in my den. I know it would probably last 40 years without turning bad, but i bought it for a reason. In fact, nostalgia kicking in - i recall that this was the first thing i bought from the @MensBiz brick & mortar store in Melb cbd when it first opened up!

It’s a nice little store @tim33z....
And ain’t that the truth about Novices....hahaha

GQCtbpUl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Lakewood Soap Co. - Honeysuckle Hollow
Brush: Old Boar
Razor: Merkur 30c
Blade: Personna Super Stainless (2)
AS: Anything so I'm not still smelling of the HH.

The Honeysuckle Hollow was a nice change. Very nice lather but a little intense with a definite Mortein note. Note to self: do not buy that AS (unless it was actually dual purpose - AS/insect repellent).

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (Tallow)
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 Tungsten Steel (8)
Post: CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

Had a five day growth, due to an annoying skin break-out that required me to avoid shaving. Given the heavy growth, I chose a combination that would be efficient with same, but not too aggressive on my skin. For me, the Merkur Futur on setting 2 fits the bill nicely. I also chose a comforting skin-friendly soap in the Haslinger Schafmilch (Tallow), and the cloud-soft Rooney Silvertip brush.
Plenty of dense, slick lather was generated, and the combination of the Futur razor and P74 blade effortlessly reduced my beard to a DFS in two passes, and did not upset the apple-cart with my skin. Happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.