Status
Not open for further replies.
G7wygH0.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another fantastic shave with the Rex - it really pays to watch your technique and to work up a slick and shiny lather.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian

43779385410_6c8c5d658d_b.jpg

Eufros JabonMan Kasbah LE 2016 // Morris & Fordran 2XL Finest // Cobra Classic // Knize Ten

cheers !!
Oh lovely pic and smelling good.
Those Cobras do look good! At first I thought it was a highly polished Schick F type. Look forward to what else you throw at us.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (6)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

And we are DONE - see here.

Nice to get a tub of something finished, even better that I have a backup!

Hope your week will be a good ones guys (y)
Cranked through the Fenchurch. Must of been all the politicians getting an extra handful per visit.
Nice brush, nice haul too (y) Face or bowl lathering with the boar?

RyvFlGj.jpg

Valobra
Simpson SiLVERTiP
BBS-1
Feather
AP Reserve Lavioletta

Ah the Lavioletta. Absolute kicker for spring and early summer. When does the Ti make a debut!
juzDY93.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Gillette Rubie....
Brush: Tony Forsyth Custom Blue....
Soap: DG Pure Lavender....
Post: CL Champs de Lavande Aftershave and Salve, Lavande Poivre EDT....
Great SOTDs photography. Clearly catalogue worthy.
The OC Guerilla is not getting the love in my Den. Tempted to move it on.
Thoughts or I need to play with it more?
Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Brush:- Yaqi Mysterious Space Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- A & E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade:- Feather (2)
Post-shave:- A&E Vanille de Tabac AS splash

Had a fantastic 3 pass bbs shave this morning with the A&E which i havnt used for a while. Love the yaqi synth :)

45554695212_b25fa327f5_c.jpg
Since the sabbatical I have never experienced the A&E. This is probably a good thing as there is only praise for it and probably would of purchased most of them. Esp. the Asian & Plum that sounded like a game changer of a soap.
The Yaqi, the Mysterious Space is getting alot of love. Probably my main brush most days. Fast latherer, firm but soft tipped and conservative on soaps. Very easy to hold.
0lXtz76l.jpg

Soap: SMG Pasion
Brush: Vie-Long American Style Horse
Razor: Gillette Ball Tech
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Stainless (2)
Throw back shave? Tech shaves are great and do one every month or so. Miss my horse brush.
Thoughts on the SMG passion?

Throw back shave? Tech shaves are great and do one every month or so. Miss my horse brush.
Thoughts on the SMG passion?
This was a very small sample left over from the pass around todras did back in April. See one of my posts here regarding the SMG Pasion.
I enjoyed the SMG Pasion this morning but wasn't that taken with it back in April. It shaved well with the Tech this morning but I did notice some drying of the skin as per my April experience.
What horse brush did you have and why did you part with it? I'm really liking the American style and also the Vie-Long 4312 Black Horse. @bald as put me onto the 4312. Very inexpensive and I thought the high loft would make it too floppy but I really enjoy that brush.

razor: Timeless scalloped oc 0.95 / UFO Goliath
blade: feather
brush: Wolf whiskers
soap: Sudsy soapery / Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget
splash: Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget
balm: Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget salve

iB9DUAX.jpg

Pretty much a perfect scent for today's weather in the Capital of the Apple island

Just waiting for that bottle of DdT to fall.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Date: 28 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Ash Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Aaaaah. I love the smell of Arko with a soft weak lemon scent that most wet shavers keep on complaining about because they hate the smell of a disinfectant urinal cake straight from the men's room when you're standing in front of a urinal wall taking a leak.

giphy.gif

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (7)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

A bit long in the tooth that blade - but last before I go away for the week (bathroom photos tomorrow). Face lathered as always, even with the boar @RustyBlade, and a lovely result. What did we do before @todras decided to play with perfumes? Thanks mate, I think that the Aussie shaving world will be using a special calendar, BD and AD ...

Last edited:

r7oY8Xu.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Debonair....
Soap: Noble Otter/APR TexAus....
Post: Noble Otter/APR TexAus Aftershave, Guerlain Héritage EDP....

First time user of the Noble Otter soap base....Nice creamy lather produced on the face....Great residual slickness for those like me that like to buff and a great post shave feel....
Scent as always does not disappoint from APR - great for Spring (IMHO) Citrus, Lavender, Vanilla and Patchouli dance on my nose....
Great collaboration and glad to have in my Den....

IMAG0299.jpg

Getting slack with the posts due to work being super busy :( Last couple of shaves were fine with the only exception being the Crystal blade not working in the Karve on it's 3rd shave...? Swapped it for a Rockwell and still not great but better results next day in the Yaqi DOC :) I'm almost out of the xXx soap after what seems forever - yippy! Happy shaves gents!

Great SOTDs photography. Clearly catalogue worthy.
The OC Guerilla is not getting the love in my Den. Tempted to move it on.
Thoughts or I need to play with it more?

I enjoy using the Guerrilla....For some reason it just worked from first shave for me....Give it a little love and take it for a dance once in a while and you’ll be rewarded for it (IMHO)....🤓🤓🤓

VjUV6L9l.jpg

Nice to get some warmer weather and get into the Proraso splash. The soap has maybe 1-2 uses left, but after today’s effort I think I’ll toss it. It is a long way from my favourite. The scent is nice as I enjoy Bay Rum soaps, but latherability is ordinary at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.