Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boar spreading?

7285086-3x2-340x227.jpg

Will my badgers get upset?

Now I’m on the train and either there is a baby close by or someone shat their daks! :sick:

This could be the guy who kept farting on my train today....

No picture, but the APR Bombora set including the EDT was used today. Certainly a sweet citrus note right through it on that Tangarine/Lemon/Bergamot side. Certainly not as ozonic/dry as most aquatic scents.

Otherwise, the normal products were used, Plissitane, Fatboy, some vintage blade (gut feeling is a Spoiler) with about 9-10 shaves on it.

9eUgoRTl.jpg

It’s been too long since I’ve used the Proraso pre/post cream. Today the weather has warranted it so I used it for both pre and a smidgen post. All 3 passes were delightfully cooling, and to finish with some Passione was the icing on the cake!

It’s also been sometime since I’ve broken out the 37c slant. Paired with a new Gillette platinum, it works brilliantly for me yet the weight seems light after using the Rex or Rockwell 6s so much. It almost lured me into using more pressure particularly on the face cheeks.

Now I’m on the train and either there is a baby close by or someone shat their daks! :sick:

It’s interesting and amusing @tim33z how you stipulated ‘face cheeks’ in above sentence....🤣🤣🤣

No picture, but the APR Bombora set including the EDT was used today. Certainly a sweet citrus note right through it on that Tangarine/Lemon/Bergamot side. Certainly not as ozonic/dry as most aquatic scents.

I deliberately wanted to avoid the standard accord that establishes a marine/aquatic as I find it exhausted and so overused its a cliche. Its the same 12 AC's time and time again with most aquatics from the big brands. I did use some of them, and there is an ozonic sea note during dry-down but my design focuses on the oceanic elements - ambergris, seaweed, algae and sea salt - I wanted it done differently and uniquely and spent many hours modding the perfume to get the drydown you will get from it now.

I hope people enjoy it :)

I deliberately wanted to avoid the standard accord that establishes a marine/aquatic as I find it exhausted and so overused its a cliche. Its the same 12 AC's time and time again with most aquatics from the big brands. I did use some of them, and there is an ozonic sea note during dry-down but my design focuses on the oceanic elements - ambergris, seaweed, algae and sea salt - I wanted it done differently and uniquely and spent many hours modding the perfume to get the drydown you will get from it now.

Winner....😎😎😎

Yep, definitely different! I think it's is more just a 'fresh, summery' scent rather than a directly "Aquatic" in composition as you would classically define one, but that is not a bad thing at all.

Cool Water started all this nearly 30 years ago now, then Kenzo P.H. stepped up that heavy salty/ozone and was the inspiration for Kramer's 'Beach' scent on Seinfeld. Others then took it in different directions. L'eau d'Issey, V.I.W. AdG is now well over 22 years old and that was probably the major explosion of aquatics into the mass market. You could not walk anywhere without smelling AdG from '97 until around 2004 and it is still very popular, but well overdone as you say.

On my skin, the Tangerine/Watermelon/Musk is the main notes at the 3-4 hour area and I am getting some other impressions around a stonefruit - maybe white peach? Seems to be holding up pretty well for a citrus so far, usually those notes are dead by 4 hours elapsed. The EDT seemed to have the tangerine stand up far more than the splash which was more salt/iodine.

Cool Water started all this nearly 30 years ago now, then Kenzo P.H. stepped up that heavy salty/ozone and was the inspiration for Kramer's 'Beach' scent on Seinfeld. Others then took it in different directions. L'eau d'Issey, V.I.W. AdG is now well over 22 years old and that was probably the major explosion of aquatics into the mass market. You could not walk anywhere without smelling AdG from '97 until around 2004 and it is still very popular, but well overdone as you say.

All of those beginning with CW all use the same core compounds in different ratios with some having their own (now expired) captives. I have all the compounds they use (there is 15 of them and around 30 derivatives) and even having the canisters together in my racks you can immediately recognise so many of the 90's fragrances its like one big cliche of that era.

On my skin, the Tangerine/Watermelon/Musk is the main notes at the 3-4 hour area and I am getting some other impressions around a stonefruit - maybe white peach? Seems to be holding up pretty well for a citrus so far, usually those notes are dead by 4 hours elapsed. The EDT seemed to have the tangerine stand up far more than the splash which was more salt/iodine.

I get a strong ambergris and seaweed note in drydown, its very deeply marine and it's on the cusp of mega-dose too but it gives the longevity to the aldehydes and citrus heart fractions which are very expensive materials, and a large part of the fragrance. Most of these were released in the past 10 years, well past the stereotypical 'aquatic' phase of the big perfumeries which to me is very fortunate as I had to avoid the AdG/Calvin Klein vibe as much as possible - they have already been done and done well.

IMAG0313.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Karve (D plate)
Blade: Ладас (1)
Bowl: Face lather
Soap: Squadron's Ace
Pre: Shower / Washpool Face Cleanser Bar

A truly 'Ace' SOTD - 2 passes = near BBS. Have a great evening! :)

Date: 07 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Bourbon Jungle
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Wizamet Polsilver Brown #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

yyOesod.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another fantastic shave with the Guerrilla and some wonderful Stirling lather.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.