Kanayama Cordovan #80000
Muhle Fibre Silvertip
Tabac Soap
Tabac Balm
Aramis Tabacco Reserve Edp

Date: 09 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- N/A

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Martin de Candre, Fougere

GREAT VICTORIA DESERT DONGA SHAVE

Prep: DR Harris Coconut Shampoo Bar, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Cream: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Myrsol Emulsion
Scent: DR Harris Arlington EdC

A week in the Great Victoria Desert. The temp measurement shown above was similar for 4 out of the 5 days. Thank the stars that the air conditioner in my Donga was in good working condition.
Having said that, I know that many of my shaving Mates on the Forum are well familiar with such conditions.
Three very nice shaves with this combo, and the added bonus is that the water is RO quality, so super-soft, making lathering an absolute piece of p*ss.

A week in the Great Victoria Desert. The temp measurement shown above was similar for 4 out of the 5 days. Thank the stars that the air conditioner in my Donga was in good working condition.
Having said that, I know that many of my shaving Mates on the Forum are well familiar with such conditions.
Three very nice shaves with this combo, and the added bonus is that the water is RO quality, so super-soft, making lathering an absolute piece of p*ss.
That 45 is making me cringe. I was supposed to be going to Tibooburra this week but had already been booked for meetings in cooler clime. Have only been to Tibooburra in 40+ heat so far. Last time I went out there we blew a tyre and it was just lucky I had gloves in my backpack as there was no way you could handle the tyre otherwise, it was so hot.
In that heat you'd have to run the AC 24hrs/day? Sometimes I stay in a donga in one of the towns in western NSW and it takes about 4 hours for the little window rattler to cool the donga down.

That 45 is making me cringe. I was supposed to be going to Tibooburra this week but had already been booked for meetings in cooler clime. Have only been to Tibooburra in 40+ heat so far. Last time I went out there we blew a tyre and it was just lucky I had gloves in my backpack as there was no way you could handle the tyre otherwise, it was so hot.
In that heat you'd have to run the AC 24hrs/day? Sometimes I stay in a donga in one of the towns in western NSW and it takes about 4 hours for the little window rattler to cool the donga down.
Spot-on, Mate - 24 hrs a day. Luckily a newish camp with good gear.

0ViVV5E.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow....
Brush: Turn-N-Shave ‘Smoke On The Water’....
Soap: AP Reserve Florian....

Sublime....

I will not complain about my crappy hotel rooms every again!

[Ok, well, maybe just a little ...]

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender aftershave splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDt

Raining here over night - doesn't stop a great summer shave in the morning. Never. Give. Up.

Am I the only one that had to google Donga?

I feel like I have lost a few Straya points having to do that.

Ummm, yes, and yes!

Be thankful you don't get a custom banner from @Monsta_AU out of it!

Date: 10 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Silvertip Badger Fan Horn 30/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Sweeney Todd
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'E' / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Ладас (3)
Bowl: Face lather
Soap: Shaver Heaven Hubba Hubba
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleanser Bar

A fabulous 2 pass DFS with the tamed beast. Have to say I prefer bowl lathering as I'm noticing some 'razor burn' on my neck since I started face lathering but it might be from the Ladas blade - a tad rough in the Karve D & R41... Off to work soon smelling like grape gum :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.