Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (12)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Last day in the office for the year, wanted to go out with a 'bang' and the APR always delivers!

With all this talk about ‘SugarDaddyDotCom’, Hong Kong and Canberrians of late are you sure ‘going out with a bang’ is in order @Mark1966 - just saying....🤣🤣🤣🤣

IC1UVhpl.jpg

No bang here other than a bangin’ shave! ☝️
2 passes. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not included in photo: Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir

With all this talk about ‘SugarDaddyDotCom’, Hong Kong and Canberrians of late are you sure ‘going out with a bang’ is in order @Mark1966 - just saying....🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m an Aussie - I can shave my face ...

What a crappy day.. riding into a full head wind around 40km/hr, got rained on just before i got to work and had a crappy shave with nicks.. lol.. i guess you just get those days hey

Pre: Warm shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: PAA CaD
Razor: Rockwell 6C Plate 5
Blade: Persona Platinum Chrome

What a crappy day.. riding into a full head wind around 40km/hr, got rained on just before i got to work and had a crappy shave with nicks.. lol.. i guess you just get those days hey

Pre: Warm shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: PAA CaD
Razor: Rockwell 6C Plate 5
Blade: Persona Platinum Chrome
Well regardless how tomorrow's shave goes, its bound to be an improvement....

SOTN 18/12/18
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR bamboo handle
Blade: Ладас (6)
Bowl: Peirera Shavery unbreakable shave bowl
Soap: Peirera Shavery Charcoal Activated soap with Orange & Cinnamon
Pre: Warm water
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon + Australian Lemon & Tea Tree Cream

A pleasant evening shave with the new soap/bowl. First impressions are great :) Really wish I had my phone to take a pic as the soap lathered up thick and creamy without too much effort. Started with a wet brush which really helped whip up super lather. The citrus scent was mild and quite pleasant with no reaction or irritation post shave. Looking forward to the next shave... Have a great evening!

Pre: Warm water, Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim H 1 1962 (5)
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green

I have come to the realisation late in my life I am now a shave snob. For the last 2 shaves I have used a single edge Schick and a DE open comb. Very average shaves compared to a straight razor. The shave after 3 passes with the safety razors was DFS but the skin feel was very poor. My observation is with a straight you have far less chance of cutting or irritating the skin because you have full sight of the blade. Safety razors are hidden away under the body of the razor and a lot of the time it is guess work. I have to admit I felt much more aware I could cut myself with the DE/SE razors compared to my straights.

After the shave tonight with a DE my skin is irritated and feels as if I had used a less then sharp blade. It was a brand new blade,

So in summary I have simply confirmed what I always knew for me, a straight is a kinder safer more pleasant way to shave.

Next year I will offer my collection of GEM's for sale.

No one would want the DE's I have :)

Have we seen Handmade bowl Mk2? Pic?
Was included in some of the older pics. Only difference is the side wall is a little higher. I will add it next time.
This is a new one made for my daughter's partner.

pic upload

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.